Anyone ever chopped the top on an A-Body?

-
If you want to see what it looks like why dont you find a cheap rusted non-restorable car and cut the top off and see what it looks like? Thats just a suggestion.

NO NO.....and why would anyone commit such a crime. I had a 68 Road Runner at one time, sold it. It showed up at a car show here chopped.

NO NO.....and why would anyone commit such a crime. I had a 68 Road Runner at one time, sold it. It showed up at a car show here chopped.

You know what...I have a demented mind...I would love to see pics of that...it's like watching Saw...you know it's going to be gory and violent but you just can't look away...

We have quite the love it or hate it crowd here :-D

I think 63 - 65 Riviera's look wicked chopped and the body style isn't all that far off a Scamp, so I think it would work but then I like Chevy's so what do I know :toothy10:

We have quite the love it or hate it crowd here :-D

I think 63 - 65 Riviera's look wicked chopped and the body style isn't all that far off a Scamp, so I think it would work but then I like Chevy's so what do I know :toothy10:

HERETIC! :snakeman:

I think it would be sweet! I would love to do it to one. if only I had a spare body....

get a model kit of the 69 gts on ebay and chop it. this will save you a ton of money and you can do whatever you need to a kit to see what it looks like. cost $9.00

Ah man...now you did it.

Got me thinking of a chopped 51 Merc. Would be my next choice for a classic car (black).8)

Chopping any 60's or later car just doesn't seem to "cut it".:-D

Ah man...now you did it.

Got me thinking of a chopped 51 Merc. Would be my next choice for a classic car (black).8)

Chopping any 60's or later car just doesn't seem to "cut it".:-D

Generally speaking you're right but I stand by my earlier statement, 63-65 Rivs look wicked chopped and a Scamp's body lines aren't all that different, a little smaller but similar.

How can you not love this, I mean serioulsy :-D

0906sr_01_z1965_buick_rivierafront_.jpg

0906sr_07_z1965_buick_rivierarear_p.jpg

Generally speaking you're right but I stand by my earlier statement, 63-65 Rivs look wicked chopped and a Scamp's body lines aren't all that different, a little smaller but similar.

How can you not love this, I mean serioulsy :-D

0906sr_01_z1965_buick_rivierafront_.jpg

0906sr_07_z1965_buick_rivierarear_p.jpg

Okay, you sold me on that one... it does look sweet. I rephrase as MOST of them after the 50's.:-D

Not quite the same thing, color me crazy, but I've always wanted to take my donor '64 Barracuda, minus the rear window, cut the support beam (at the bottom of the rear window) and put it back in upside down. Thus creating an El-cuda. :dontknow:

I think that Riv looks like it belongs in a Dick Tracy cartoon. Or maybe "MASK", with Jim Carey, yeah that's it, Mask, I can see it now,,,Stanley Epkiss and Mylo cruisin' down the street with the Detroit lean, and Mylo hangin' out the pass side slobbering down the side of the car ....... YEAH, that's where that car belongs.....

If you look on page 10 of the slant six car pics section you will see pics of my 62 valiant chop top,looks natrual too me,3 inch chop,daily driven slant six,8.34 @ 80 in the 1/8th,Mark

Dammit, you guys! I was just going to 'peek' at FABO, and then go back to work that I had to do tonight. This 'Chopping session is the ONLY thing I got done tonight :)

Here's what my twisted mind came up with. First, what a Scamp with a 2" chop and a dropped stance would look like. I think I'm diggin' it :happy10::
ScampChopNDrop.jpg

Next, Waggin gave me an idea, so I ran with it. Scamp Sedan Delivery, anyone? I was tempted to add one of those round port hole windows for the back half like on those old disco-era Pinto wagons, but I knew I'd have some FABO members come to my place lookin' for blood...LOL!
ScampSedanDelivery.jpg

Jim Carey sucks, The Mask was one of the dumbest movies ever and that Riv kicks ***! :-D

About the only way to improve a Pacer is to crush it. My GRANDPARENTS had one. How cool is that. (not very I'm afraid).
Geeeeeeeee I guess you get my drift, that's what I was trying to say.....Some people like PACERS toooo, BUT,,, It's all a matter of taste. But your right, Jim sucks, the mask WAS one of the dumbest movies, BUT THAT RIV WOULD FIT RIGHT IN ....... That's what makes the world go round..everybody has a opinion. I still wouldn't even do it to a 4 door family mopar ride....... sorry :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

i love that chop.....if i had the heart to do it.....

So my weekend has been spent cleaning up my new Scamp and we were sitting there Saturday night and we were discussing how the car would look with 2 inches out of the top. Then last night my buddies neighbor came by and said "I bet this thing would look bad a$$ with 2 inches out of the top" we hadn't said a word to him about our discussion the night before so this caught us off guard. How is it we could all be thinking the same thing. So would you be willing to cut a top on an A-Body? have you done so? have any pictures? did you use another car for the roof fillers?

Does this count?

IMG_5492s.jpg

i think you can spend your effort on better things. the tri5s chevies look awfull chopped. some hudsons are ok chopped, mercs, tall Ts, and thats about it. musclecars look like **** chopped. last year i saw a chopped early vailiant on the garden state parkway, never saw it again.

-
Back