Anyone have a Tuxedo Lift? Looking for reviews

-

Mike69cuda

Mopar Moron
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at 4 post lifts. Anyone have experience with Tuxedo lifts?

Mines re-branded but it's a Tuxedo. It was at a neighbors around the corner when I found out it was for sale. The price was right, so I got a buddy with a rollback to bring it home fully assembled. I wasn't to brand particular given the circumstances, so I don't have a lot of experience.
Man it is a total game changer. I love it. Is it the best out there? Probably not, but I am very satisfied.

Example: We just replaced the entire brake system on my son's car. It actually made that job fun! Low to do the master cylinder. Up high to replace the lines front to back. Medium to bleed everything. Imagine how many times we would have to get up and down without it. It was awesome!

Never heard of the tuxedo but I bought a wildfire a couple years ago and have zero regrets. Check them out while your comparison shopping.
I agree with the above, you will actually start enjoying working on your cars once you have a lift. The older I get the less I want to be crawling around on the ground. My only regret is I wish I had bought one sooner.

One thing I liked about the wildfire is the fully boxed uprights vs the C channel ones most use.

As an old man my used 2 post was an incredible game changer. I would not have been able to do 10% of the stuff I've done thanks to that hoist

I have had a Bendpak ordered for a few months, but they seem to be having supply chain issues

You may run into supply issues with just about any company right now. I bought my lift back when covid first hit and I had to wait several months for them to get them back in stock.

Never heard of the tuxedo but I bought a wildfire a couple years ago and have zero regrets. Check them out while your comparison shopping.
I agree with the above, you will actually start enjoying working on your cars once you have a lift. The older I get the less I want to be crawling around on the ground. My only regret is I wish I had bought one sooner.

One thing I liked about the wildfire is the fully boxed uprights vs the C channel ones most use.
I almost bought a wildfire , I ended up going advantage. They are pretty much identical but advantage had a distributor closer to me which made it a little cheaper. Both are great. I actually looked hard at tuxedo too and found that 2-3 of the off brands all seemed to be rebranded tuxedo lifts. Seemed like a good lift a reasonable cost but some I was going to be putting my full size truck on it I was more comfortable with the box posts.

I installed a Advantage open front 4 poster alignment rack today with 2 sliding center jacks .

I bought a tuxedo 9k-xlt 4 post last month. A buddy and I put it together. It’s heavy duty. The place I bought it said they are currently working to have that model ansi certified. It works good, no complaints. I put my truck on it for an oil change and it didn’t phase it. it’s good and tall as well. It’s 7ft under the runways on the max lock. It is quite a bit stouter looking than their 8k.

92238FC7-5A10-4B2E-B329-07C6BF81CD5B.jpeg
D2A5B0D2-F769-45C2-BA87-9B2F84AEB21B.jpeg
8B87CC3F-5501-4887-A8DC-B397278E60BC.jpeg
A12C6533-37B7-4787-8EF8-E35D1D56F760.jpeg

Evening wear for men is a code of rules in which there is too little room for freedom. The tuxedo is an evening thing. You have to wear it when the black tie dress code is specified in the invitation. Or when you go to a premiere at the opera. So my parents like to go to these kinds of events. But there's one downside to my dad's old tuxedo, which he hasn't been able to match his suspenders lately. Looking at all of this, I decided on a rather old suit, and at Men's Wedding Suits & Groom's Tuxedos | Gentleman's Guru a new tuxedo. Now my father will forget about such problems for a long time.

Last edited:
Evening wear for men is a code of rules in which there is too little room for freedom. The tuxedo is an evening thing. You have to wear it when the black tie dress code is specified in the invitation. Or when you go to a premiere at the opera. So my parents like to go to these kinds of events. But there's one downside to my dad's old tuxedo, which he hasn't been able to match his suspenders lately. Looking at all of this, I decided on a rather old suit, and at Men's Wedding Suits & Groom's Tuxedos | Gentleman's Guru a new tuxedo. Now my father will forget about such problems for a long time.

Mods I think we've got a bot on our hands :lol:

The legs that first one look mighty small.

Of course 4 post lifts are more space friendly if you have a smaller garage. Yes if you have the space like we at wall work service or you painted cars, a 2 post is the clear winner, but you need width and height that isn't needed with a 4 post. I've laid a lot of painters tape in the garage and done a lot of measurements, and for me a 2 post is just too wide and too tall

I have been looking at 4 post lifts. Anyone have experience with Tuxedo lifts?
I bought one in the spring (2022) and i am pleased. I got the 9K lbs. tall unit. Very stable under a load. I am 6'2" and can walk under the lift when the car is raised. Considering adding a second one to my shop.

-
Back