Anyone in the film industry??????

-
It's amazing to see the range of things people do outside of their Mopar habit.
I love the film industry and its cool to see others working in it here.
I've been an extra in a bunch movies 7 or 8 people watched, as well as a few disney films that rolled through town. Any acting I've been fortunate enough to have been filmed doing has all been student or independant film. Haven't managed to break through the major feature film wall just yet. But I'll never stop trying.

I have family that work in film industry, my uncle has worked on many films and is currently the accountant for CSI-NY and does some directing on the side. I had the opportunity to work in transportation, but declined it at that time. I would still love to get into it though, mostly either filming or editing.

I would re-title that to.....

"Red-head wit da pumps"
(I'm in marketing)

with that title, do ya think the boys really care about powder coating?

Too funny Denny!!! :happy1: I'll keep that in mind when it's time to hire a marketing manager. :-D

I was on the news the other night! We raised $14,500 for the Make a wish foundation and as they scanned the crowd there I was!

Back in the 90's I had a pretty sweet deal installing the telephone/computer networks for about 25 to 30 productions. I had a friend who was a production coordinator with Dreamworx who I did work for and in turn she introduced me to other coordinators. So when a production was in the setup phase, we would assemble the production companys local office and when it was over we would come and de-install it all. Some movies include:That Darn Cat, A Time to Kill, Conair, Armegeddon, Contact, True Lies, Legend of Bagger Vance, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Ace Ventura Pet Detective, GI Jane,The Fifth Element, Forces of Nature, and some different documentaries.

Most of these were filmed in the Southeast.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil was filmed in Savannah and directed by Clint Eastwood. His office was on the third floor of an old bank building and had two Nortel phones, one on his desk and one at a small conference table. when I was installing his deskphone, I took a black permanent Sharpie and wrote "make my day" on the top of his phone! :finga:

I almost forgot,in 1980 or 1981 I was an extra in a movie with Tanya Tucker and Terry Nunn called Georgia Peaches. It was a crappy movie AND I was edited out!!!lol My whole family gathered around to watch it with me when it came out on TV, what a dissapointment. :p

George R, do you work locations or stage setups?? Universal apparently just bought our studios here in Cape Town. http://www.capetownfilmstudios.co.za/
Brewil, I don't work in the film industry at all, I just happen to know Kevin Muldoon, and I know he's been involved in Hollywood for MANY years.
I live on the east coast, and I'm in construction.....for now.

George

Just remembered my sisters ex's brother does some stuff, Surfing and Disney spots.. Skip Snead....another guy at church does sound.

The industry is great and hard work. Nice to know there are some Mopar heads out there in the same arena

Not in the film industry, but I was an extra in a movie called Clay Pigeons with Joaquin Phoenix and Vince Vaughn. A friend of mine talked me in to trying out as an extra for the movie and we both made the bar scene. You can see my friend better than me in much of the scene. She is the blond in the back ground for much of the scene in the first two minutes and you can see me for a couple of seconds in the first minute of this clip. The scene took place in a small bar called Mim's in Corrine Utah where we ate lunch almost every day.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdmoboyJMWM"]CLAY PIGEONS 2 - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back