Anyone into Tractors?

-

71DartGuy

Reaction score
When I was a kid we always had a tractor to mow fields, plow the garden, whatever. I learned on a 1947 Farmall H, and when we got some more land my dad bought a 706. My dream is to one day have a kick *** 560 Diesel sitting next to my mopar, both fully restored of course. If anyone want to kill some time dreaming like I do, check this site out...

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listing...id=1100&GUID=E20FCD40B04245AF93D708E33B77A460

Hell ya!~ Only I wish they made a Mopar instead of a "FORD" but this is what I use to cut the lawn. Although not as old as the ones you mentioned, it's still a classic....This ones a 1973 and has about 2100 hours on her. purszzzzz like a kitten...:toothy10:

ford1.jpg

ford2.jpg

love old tractors.. was a kid i drove a 57 farmall. a couple years ago i had a 47 ford 2N. cool old tractor.

We have
1946 farmall h
1953 farmall super h
1954 farmall 300
farmall 400
farmall super mta
656 international gas
7050 allis chalmers
200 allis chalmers
we are about as tractor poor as we are mopar poor

My grandfather had a super M, nice tractor. I bet that 656 pulls pretty good. our 706 was gas too but man when you cracked it wide open-- Sounded great! It didnt have a muffler on it when we got it so we left it that way

Interesting, no one has mentioned John Deere yet... I grew up driving JD50, JD60, JD70 Diesel (2 cyl. about 379 cubic inches, pony engine starter), IHC 350 & IHC 706,MF-35, AC WC (talk about dangerous...) plus nearly every other make and model from the 50-60's. When I was smaller we also had an Oliver 77, JD B & JD A.
That was hard damn work, growing up on a small dairy farm in the 60's; and I know it would have been that much harder earlier... I thought I had it made when I went in the service and they made us hit the sack at 9:00 and didn't get us up till 5:00am!
Here is a web site for you for specs on most all tractors:
http://www.tractordata.com/
I use this site as an aid when I appraise farm equip. for my job.
C

When we aren't racing we're pulling, Our 60 John Deere pulling at the local pull , we also have an 8n Ford eight speed.
Currently we are building a White 160 for pulling in farm stock.

DSC00204.jpg
[/IMG]

7172duster
[/URL][/IMG]

I own a 1954 Cat D2 dozer and a 1947 Cat DW10 wheel tractor. When my car guy friends ask me how much horespower the D2 has I tell them 43.
They say, "How can that be any fun?
I usually answer with, "Ever try to push a tree out of the ground with a Camaro"?! Just a different kind of fun, is all.
Yup, I like tractors as well as cars. And trucks, trains, aircraft...anything mechanical can be cool.

The Cat 627B in my icon has 2 3306 diesel engines with 225 HP each, an 8 speed auto up front and a 4 speed auto in the rear, and a loaded weight of about 125,000 lbs.
It can be a lot of fun to fly around a job at 30 mph as long as the haul road is good!
I'll get some pics of my Cats up later.
alan627b

I'm more "in" tractors than "into" tractors, that is unless I'm working on one. We've several tractors on the farm including a couple large 4wd and a Case 450C dozer for pasture clearing and terrace repair.

There is an event called the threshers reunion that is held in denton nc every year it is about 2 1/2 hrs from where you live .i went to that with my father before he passed away .it is a sight to behold almost 200 acres of tractors and steam engines /tractors i had never heard of before if you love tractors you gotta go to this at least once!

Oliver the Mopar of tractors. Here is a pic of my Oliver Super 66 that was bought new in 1955 by my grandfather. As soon as I get a place where I have a barn she will be restored.

oliver002.jpg

7172 duster:
Thanks for posting the pic of the old 60 showing it's stuff! I always enjoyed seeing stock tractors in a tractor pull. It has always amazed me how the old JD 2 bangers could pull when damn near all their weight was just ahead of the rear axle as opposed to all other tractors that mounted their engines "up front".
Great pic, brings back memories...
C

Oh Yea!!! Use to do a good bit od tractor pulling. Had to get out ... too many politics around here :bootysha: If you ain't cheatin you ain't winning and I like cheat,,.....errr,ahhh I mean winning!!!!:angel9:

Ford 8n that Flat head ford V8 Funk conversion clone

DSC00033.jpg

Going "Pullin"

DSC00035.jpg

Little Sims Minneapolis Moline ZA

a4669745.jpg

Here is mine, my grandpa bought it brand new for my uncle back in the early 60's. I am in the process of restoring it for my kids.

John Deere 620

IMG_0009.jpg

There is an event called the threshers reunion that is held in denton nc every year it is about 2 1/2 hrs from where you live .i went to that with my father before he passed away .it is a sight to behold almost 200 acres of tractors and steam engines /tractors i had never heard of before if you love tractors you gotta go to this at least once!

Damn, I'll have to check that out. Do you remember what time of the year they have it?

My older brother has 3 Olivers.
DIESEL 55
super_55_diesel.jpg

1 Owner OC3 With Bucket
OC3.jpg

Ex-Navy OC3 Bulldozer Project

P7161782.jpg

-
Back