Anyone local to me capable of correcting errors on a 904 race build

-
simple solution , don't open the thread if you don't like what you read

I'll continue to work at getting a refund , unless you would like to pay my bills ?
I THOUGHT that I read that even though he said on this thread that he offered to fix it, that you said he did not. Forgive me for not digging back through, but am I correct, or did I imagine that? At any rate, as messed up as the transmission was, I wouldn't want the same person going through it again, either.

I THOUGHT that I read that even though he said on this thread that he offered to fix it, that you said he did not. Forgive me for not digging back through, but am I correct, or did I imagine that? At any rate, as messed up as the transmission was, I wouldn't want the same person going through it again, either.
I think any reasonable judge will give a business owner the benefit of a doubt to fix an honest mistake. Like I said the machined
Passage might have just been a broken drill bit. Even a well trained dog is allowed one bite. Why should a business owner have to pay for parts and labour that he could give you for free. Just because the op elected not to take copes offer does mean he gets to run up a big bill and give it to Cope. Standard assembly aside, his local builder was unable to fully fix the problem either. He had to call Cope, which is why the trans should have went back to Cope in the first place.It is not a standard run of the mill rebuild. It uses a specialized valve body of Copes design, a custom method of eliminating the lockup clutch without changing athe stock input shaft, and a type of pump gear that never came in that trans and who knows what else. If it doesn’t work right it should go back to its designer.

I think any reasonable judge will give a business owner the benefit of a doubt to fix an honest mistake. Like I said the machined
Passage might have just been a broken drill bit. Even a well trained dog is allowed one bite. Why should a business owner have to pay for parts and labour that he could give you for free. Just because the op elected not to take copes offer does mean he gets to run up a big bill and give it to Cope. Standard assembly aside, his local builder was unable to fully fix the problem either. He had to call Cope, which is why the trans should have went back to Cope in the first place.It is not a standard run of the mill rebuild. It uses a specialized valve body of Copes design, a custom method of eliminating the lockup clutch without changing athe stock input shaft, and a type of pump gear that never came in that trans and who knows what else. If it doesn’t work right it should go back to its designer.
I'm not taking sides or passing judgment. I simply gave my opinion. I've always heard though, that an empty wagon rattles loudest and you're rattling like all hell about something that doesn't even involve you.

I'm not taking sides or passing judgment. I simply gave my opinion. I've always heard though, that an empty wagon rattles loudest and you're rattling like all hell about something that doesn't even involve you.
Or the squeaky wheel gets the grease lol.
Yes this does not involve me nor anyone on this forum which as was said earlier, this kind of thing should not be on the internet.
It is between a business and a customer.
That said I always try to help. The op brought this on the forum and many have tried to advise and help. I myself was trying to get across that converting a lockup 904 to non lockup is not simple, and tha Cope has come up with his own unique way of doing it.
Involving another builder imho was not the way to go. Imho When the situation went from bad to worse the op wants to sue.
I find that unfair. $500.00 in fluid is unfair.
But you’re right, not my fight.

I've been in a similar situation with a machine shop years ago that I hired to build a 360 when I was hurt and could not do it myself. There were so many things done wrong there was no way in HELL I was taking it back. I called an old high school friend and he helped me fix everything that was wrong.

I've been in a similar situation with a machine shop years ago that I hired to build a 360 when I was hurt and could not do it myself. There were so many things done wrong there was no way in HELL I was taking it back. I called an old high school friend and he helped me fix everything that was wrong.
I had a situation like that too many years ago. Had a local machinist fly cut valve reliefs and we miscommunicated and ruined the pistons. Ended up in court. I was out the cost of the pistons plus the machine work. He felt he should get paid for the work he did even though it ruined the pistons.
Went to court and the judge forced us to settle on our own. I gave him the pistons outright for a full refund of the machining.
Compromise. These things happen and it not pleasant.

-
Back