Anyone local to me capable of correcting errors on a 904 race build

-
I’m kinda with you Duane…. I’d love to see what makes this whole thing tick. Definitely an interesting combo of parts.

wondering if this will provide a challenge for the shop currently working with it?

well, the beat goes on ...

They tore it apart ,and well .. its all messed up again, my guy called Cope , guess they have determined the pump pressure is incorrect and its need another re-build and more parts are ordered and maybe it will be working next week ..

F**K!! Sorry to read this, best of luck moving forward..
well, the beat goes on ...

They tore it apart ,and well .. its all messed up again, my guy called Cope , guess they have determined the pump pressure is incorrect and its need another re-build and more parts are ordered and maybe it will be working next week ..

When Darrel notified me that there was a problem with his 904 transmission I immediately got in touch with the technician that was working on the car for him to help troubleshoot it. The transmission had no forward gears and after some over the phone diagnosis it was apparent that the transmission would need to be removed from the car to be looked at. Understandably, Darrel wasn’t happy with that news. I apologized and assured him that I would make it right. I told him that I would pay for the shipping to have the transmission sent back to my shop, make whatever repairs were necessary, and then ship the transmission back to him within a couple days of when it arrived, all at absolutely no cost to him. During our phone conversation I made that offer to him at least 4 times, all while he was yelling at me, interrupting me every few words, and being totally unreasonable. I finally told him to cool off for 24 hours and call me back the next day so we could discuss it and I hung up the phone. I never heard back from him until he emailed me a link to this post. I totally understand that he is upset that his transmission has problems, I would be upset too if the situation was reversed. I tried to do what I could to resolve the situation, but he refused to even have a rational conversation with me about it.

Problems .. ?

You sold me a pile of mismatched parts it had no chance of working , I never yelled.

I have been nothing but understanding, you have received my emails no response

Don't you think it would be fair to at least attempt to soften the cost of repairs , maybe answer a email , act like you care about a customer .. that too much to expect ?

Problems .. ?

You sold me a pile of mismatched parts it had no chance of working , I never yelled.

I have been nothing but understanding, you have received my emails no response

Don't you think it would be fair to at least attempt to soften the cost of repairs , maybe answer a email , act like you care about a customer .. that too much to expect ?
Give it up dude. Your builder had to call him to find out whats going on with it. There's more to this than we will ever know.

I sure do hate this. I think I would almost start over with another core at this point. Damn. Just DAMN.

Give it up dude. Your builder had to call him to find out whats going on with it. There's more to this than we will ever know.
please forgive me if I don't use that advice , I am now out $7000 and the nightmare isn't over, I know few that can afford a hit like that and just go down without a fight .. I surely can't I will work to spread the word and use any legal channels available to me till I exhaust all avenues

John Cope! you are invited over to moparts where we have thread about your track record of shoddy workmanship& taking peoples money in deceitful manner . Please come over and continue to show the mopar world how full of $hit you are and that you do not deliver what was promised! We are waiting.

he checked up on the thread Saturday at 11 pm

1683139276424.png

The transmission is back together, waiting on convertor to return. local shop is fairly certain all the errors are corrected .. this don't do it , I'm pushing it back into garage and let someone else fight it

Car is back home , transmssion appears to be working properly , in/ upcoming days we will find a quiet road to try it on

I thought you all would enjoy this gem too ..

The tail shaft bolts leaked. tried to tighten them , they were stripped out .. his cure , goop them up with silcone and basically glue them in place , he is a hack

I DID have to heli-coil the starter bolts in my recent CRT built 727. They were stripped out. That was an annoyance I thought I wouldn't have to deal with when having someone build me a transmission - but I didnt bother calling him about it. I'm guessing the young man I saw in his shop didnt bother to check the threaded holes in the cases.

This reminds me of a suit tailor story............

Our crew was in getting our uniform pants measured to fit. In walks this guy that totally loses his **** on the tailor because his wedding suit pant legs were 2 inches too short. The tailor stuck to his guns, and we figured that since he was a pro, the customer was just bitching. 2 weeks later we all got our uniforms, and the pants were all two inches too short. :wtf:

I thought you all would enjoy this gem too ..

The tail shaft bolts leaked. tried to tighten them , they were stripped out .. his cure , goop them up with silcone and basically glue them in place , he is a hack
The gift that just keeps on giving...

It's too bad he can't just man up and take responsibility for this ****.

I'm glad it seems to be working so far. I hope it continues.

The gift that just keeps on giving...

It's too bad he can't just man up and take responsibility for this ****.
He did. Big Dad believes he knew better. I can't say I blame him but there's lots going on here. Johns reply was a good one yet everyone wants John to come here and join the **** show then cut the guy a check when he already offered to fix it.

-
Back