Anyone local to me capable of correcting errors on a 904 race build

-
I believe the “couple thou” comment was spitballing at a possible cost…. Perhaps a worst case scenario that he’d planned on spending. Dudes not a trans builder and it was still at shop “B” getting accessed.

here is everything it needed to fix it

billtofix.jpg

Well, I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I do hope you get your transmission sorted out.

I remember the converter not being with your trans…. crazy that the ball was dropped on that build too.

in case the folks at home were not aware, you could get 904 pump gears with a flat drive. Eliminated the problem prone cracking of the slot style hub on the converter.

I wish I had my junk on the bench because I still can’t comprehend how that converter went in. I’ve never measured the difference between the two though…..

68D4FDCD-10DF-44CD-8F2A-61B650D66808.jpeg

The pump converter drive snafu is not paying attention and watching what is going out the door. No excuse for that lack of quality control.

That's a mess. Carry on.

The pump converter drive snafu is not paying attention and watching what is going out the door. No excuse for that lack of quality control.

That's a mess. Carry on.

pretty sure the trans was completed and shipped without the converter. The converter was ordered by cope and drop shipped to Darrel, so where the info got snafued on what hub to put on who knows… PTC might have been guilty. Just a bad deal all the way around. hopefully it gets stabbed in the wagon this weekend and we get some cruising video.

The only thing i will say to this hole deal............IS, THAT I CAN SAY A HOLE LOT IN 30 SEC, WHEN I'M MAD!!!!!:mad::lol:

I remember the converter not being with your trans…. crazy that the ball was dropped on that build too.

in case the folks at home were not aware, you could get 904 pump gears with a flat drive. Eliminated the problem prone cracking of the slot style hub on the converter.

I wish I had my junk on the bench because I still can’t comprehend how that converter went in. I’ve never measured the difference between the two though…..

View attachment 1716077412
If I could add a little bit to this post, you can also buy 904 pump gears from A&A trans that have oversized drive lugs. These gears also eliminate one of the large chamfers that are normally on both sides of the gear. Eliminating the chamfer provides more surface contact to the converter hub to help eliminate the cracking of the hub.
The A&A gears look similar to the bottom set of gears in the pic above. Notice the lack of a large chamfer.
Years ago when I had Turbo Action build me an 8 inch converter, Paul Forte informed me of a hub upgrade that has a thicker wall thickness to eliminate the breakage in that area. The upgrade requires a machining operation to remove the step ring on the
Stator shaft of the oil pump to make room for the thicker hub on the converter. This thicker hub plus the better pump gears should eliminate breakage in this area.
I will not say that no other converter brand have this thicker hub option, but I have never heard it mentioned by any other brand.

the fun isn't over yet ..

Apparently, there is something wrong with trans brake as well .. jeez, this has been an expensive lesson to learn

Apparently, there is something wrong with trans brake as well .. jeez, this has been an expensive lesson to learn
What’s the brake doing or not doing?

Man I sure am sorry. We're all pullin for you. If that's worth anything.

-
Back