Anyone make their own interior

-
It's pretty easy if ya know a few tricks plus I wanted to see it. Looks cool man.
Thanks. We worked hard on that. Normally, I wouldda looked for it, but the way I feel right now though, I couldn't find my butt in the dark with both hands.

chit man, me and Kitty have been sick as DOGS since Saturday afternoon. We're gonna have to die to get better.
That aint cool. Hope you guys don't lose you sense of smell and taste. Or have you? Guess I missed that post if you already let us know. Dont lay down on us now.

That aint cool. Hope you guys don't lose you sense of smell and taste. Or have you? Guess I missed that post if you already let us know. Dont lay down on us now.
Naw it ain't covid, thank goodness. Just the flu. It's bad a damn nuff though.

Interior isn't part of my skill set... But I did just have this done by a friend... Going in my old station wagon... Rear seats are OE, front seats started out as high back out of a Dakota....
IMG_6343.jpg
IMG_6345.jpg

Started with this...

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 9.49.02 PM.png

Go for it im self touth and made a loot of interiors over the years my best tip is to buy a sawing macine thats made for the task my macine is made in Polen and is a copy of a juki the price new is 1100 usd

I’m talking seats and door panels. I’m sure I can find a decent machine. May start the class this winter and maybe by spring I’ll have me a wallet.
Theres a TX guy on FBBO that did all his interior and it turned out great. I do not recall his handle.

Il be doing a new custom interior in leather on my Dodge 68 truck this vinter maby il post some pics

Its more than sewing, its staples, glues, hog rings...applying heat to get out wrinkles etc. With a class, and a little hands on practice you'll be ok with it I think...

If you check my build thread, I did my own interior as well. I had to have it sewn as I don't own a machine that's capable of sewing leather/vinyl. But I designed it all, put them on the frames and also did my own door cards and trunk.

Riddler

No experience with online course, but took a few quarters of upholstery class at a trade school about 20 years ago. Really enjoyed it and did a couple completes on my cars. Quite a bit to it if you are going to do seats, door panels, headliners and convertible tops. My experience would be that you might learn something online, but it would be no where enough to really do a complete job like you would learn hands on in-class from an experienced instructor, plus you get to use their equipment.

-
Back