Anyone not getting cars out due to gas $ ?

-

moparker

Reaction score
I'm considering not taking my cars out due to the price of gas. Hate to not get them out but, it's getting to the point of gas and the trickle down effect on food prices is not leaving any money left for play. Anyone else considering this?

Well I haven't got mine out in the last couple of years because motorcycle riding and working. I wouldn't let gas prices hold me back because I don't have to drive that far to get to the cruise ins.

I can say my car is sitting and blaming the current cost of living sounds good.
My 904 trans has developed a bad fluid leak somewhere. I want to replace it with a overdrive trans rather than fix the 904. Cant afford to do either.
I decided to settle for a detail job and drive it just short trips. Afterall the mothly McCruise-in is only 8 miles away. Then the detail shop totally screwed me for 140.00 , so I filled it up with ethanol free when I left there and parked it right back where it was.
I think I'll spend the next spare coin on a new car cover and wait for a A-500 or A-518 to fall in my lap. LOL
Happy moparing

Over here in oz on Saturday I paid $1.71 a litre for 98 octane the highest pump fuel rating without ethanol. Quick calculation works out $6.50 a Gallon, how does that Compare to your prices

Over here in oz on Saturday I paid $1.71 a litre for 98 octane the highest pump fuel rating without ethanol. Quick calculation works out $6.50 a Gallon, how does that Compare to your prices

Ouch, I paid $3.70 a gallon a couple of days ago and I thought that was high.

Well since my Duster is a driver, I use it to commute (not every day, and not this year since it's torn down for paint). Yes it costs more than my Mini Cooper to drive the 60 miles to work and back. But that's justifiable as transportation.

I actually considered selling the Duster and getting a more fuel efficient classic. But after figuring what I'd loose on the Duster, and the ridiculous prices of the cars I was considering, I realized I'd have to drive a LOT of miles to break even. And I would, eventually, but felt better about staying with the car I have.

Not me, I don't let the price of gas dictate if I take out my Scamp or Road Runner. They aren't daily drivers, but I do enjoy cruising.
My daily driver is a 2.3 4-banger Ford Fusion....

I can put $20.00 into my daily driver and it last's a day, I put the same amount into one of my Cuda's and it might last a month!!! Which is money better spent??

Incidentally, I drove the black 66 to work the other day to check the milage against my truck.... the Cuda got better milage than my truck, so on days that I don't need the truck, I'm gonna save $5.00 on the round trip and put that $$ into the tank for fun cruising!!! Geof

i will my drive the duster regardless of gas prices. it actually does OK. i just paid 3.84 a gallon

Well, I guess the government and gas stations have just as much right to make a buck as the flippers do right ?

It's cheeper to drive my 66 then drive anything ells on the hill, but the ramcharger get's a 5 mile run 2 times a week regardless :glasses7:
$3.70 a gallon here. Not going anywhere soon..

Weather been great here in northern Wi. Haven't been able to get the car out cause it's up on jack stands. I'm getting ready to put on the fiberglass
bumpers. Painting them body color. If it wasn't for that,I would of had it out.
But in the future this summer, there will be limited crusing with it. Not going
to all the shows. Just some new ones that popped up and the big ones that
I like going to.
Saving up for the Mopars in the Park in Mn. This june. I have more fun at the bigger shows than the little crappy local shows. The local cruise in will
be every other week.
All this is because of my income dropping, going on disability.:wack:

Gas right now is 3.94- 3.99 for the cheap stuff. The Duster needs
at least 93 octane. over the 4 bucks a gallon. OUCH!

I bought my car as a sunny day driver and when it is not being driven it is in the garage under cover.

I took it out twice last week as we had spring like weather. have not figured out MPG but know that it costs me approx. $10 for every hour that I drive it...depending how hard I press on the gas pedal.

to me it is the enjoyment factor and relieves stress. I will continue to drive it whenever I can no matter what the price of fuel is.

Not me, I don't let the price of gas dictate if I take out ...
....I do enjoy cruising.
My daily driver is a 2.3 4-banger Ford Fusion....
same here- thanks to the 4.10s in my Duster, it gets lousy gas mileage even with the stock 360 that's in it now. But, usually, I drive because I want to, not because I need to get somewhere. High gas prices won't kill that in me.

My DD is either my Stealth or my 2000 Jeep GC (with the 4.0). Either gets waaaay better mileage than my Duster (and thanks to the 400hp, my Stealth is even waaaay more fun to drive:D)

My biggest issue is getting jokenol free gas in 93 which my 10-1 motor needs. Here regular 87 is $3.70+ and premium is just under $4.00. Just this AM a guy who runs a high volume station showed his fuel reciept and he did not get jokenol laden gas the last few times so maybe there is hope. Otherwise I will have to drive quite a way to get some.

We have 110 leaded at one speciality pump for $7.00 a gallon. It is $9 at the track.

..over $6/gal in Ontario.
..a well tuned smallblock in an A body can get decent mileage.
..tougher for the big blocks and strokers
..i know guys getting 8 mpg and a cruise night 40 miles away can cost $60 +
..that's no fun

I have drive all 3 now 4 of mine since I started drivin when I was 16 even through the really high fuel a while back. Gotta pay to play is the way I look a it but I live in a small town and my shop is only a half a mile from home. I drive my SRT to school and that's a 70 mile round trip 3 days a week. Luckily it's the only one that needs 91 octane to run.

prem. is 416 a gallon and I will just cut back a little. The weather was so nice the last couple of weeks that I did take out more than usual. Put 30 dollars in it on Friday and the needle bareley moved. Non of my cars get good mileage.A 2011Charger "Mopar 11" has 3.91's in it ,2000 Ram 1500 with 5.9 and the 340 duster that I replaced the 3.91 with 3.23's.

I didn't buy this car for the mileage, and it's not a daily driver. I won't change how much I drive it due to gas prices. I am going to switch to E85, though. Not only is it cheaper, it is 105 octane. That's slated to be my next project.

Filled up my neon this morning, 3.79 a gallon. $40 for just over 10 gallons.

I dont have to run 93oct but I do. If gas becomes too much, I will swap out the 3.91s for the 2.76 or 3.23s that are on the shelf. I'm actually look at fuel injection if I can ever sell my 68 chrysler 300.

it sure hurts...gas is 4.25 a gallon for 87, both my cars 318 cuda, 408 dart, do not run. lol, i just have a 77 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 truck that gets about 7 miles a gallon...its my daily driver, and its all i got. i spend 100 a week on fuel, which wont fill up both tanks.

-
Back