Anyone not getting cars out due to gas $ ?

-
Over here in oz on Saturday I paid $1.71 a litre for 98 octane the highest pump fuel rating without ethanol. Quick calculation works out $6.50 a Gallon, how does that Compare to your prices

Is that octane rating the "R+M/2" method , Motor Octane Number or Research Octane Number ?
If you guys have 98 octane (R+M/2) , and it's free of that damned Ethanol , then $6.50 / gallon sounds good !

I live in California , and our prices here are second only to Hawaii as far as expense ! $4.50 - $4.70 per gallon for 91 octane , E90 , oxygenated garbage .

Regular gas is $3.99 here and that's why I stuck with 323 gears a small cam and 600 holley. If you keep your foot out of it you can get 15+ mph or so and I can live with that and most criuse nights are 30-40 miles away. The problem I have is I want to go to two to three criuses a week gas and eating it gets pricey at 4/5 gallons a night. I guess I could stand to eat less for starters that would do me some good but I'm still going.

I'm considering not taking my cars out due to the price of gas. Hate to not get them out but, it's getting to the point of gas and the trickle down effect on food prices is not leaving any money left for play. Anyone else considering this?

No offense but I don't understand your logic.

My 67 gets a little better mileage than my truck, and a little less than my daily driver.

Follow me here, If I'm driving somewhere anyway it may only save me a dollar or two to drive my daily driver rather than the 67 or my truck. Now if your talking traveling long distance that is different.

If you are planning on not attending car events that cause extra driving than I totally understand.

Towing my car to Carlisle, the Nats, East coast nats, Lake George, Rhinebeck, and a few others I go to will cost close to 1000.00 in fuel this year. So I feel your pain. But saving 20 bucks by missing a few local cruses doesn't seem worth it to me.

Running fresh fuel through a vehicle once and a while can end up saving you $$$ in the long run.

It wont stop me at all. All the money I have in my cars, $50 for gas that will last me a month's worth of cruisin isnt bad to me.

if gas money is the issue.....your in the wrong hobby .... how about stamp collecting instead?...

there was a reason these cars sat on lots in favor of the 4 bangers in the 70s and 80s. any one that is running around with a V8 and a 4 barrel should have already been prepared and accepted the fact that these cars are only going to get 8 or 10 miles a gallon. i daily drive my V8s and i knew many years ago that there will be a day when gas is going to cost me 5 bucks a gallon. even my fuel injected 4.0 jeep cherokee is a gas pig :thumbdow: if i was ever worried about gas in favor of eating, i would have bought a honda accord instead and taken up puzzle collecting. muscle cars and gasoline, whether it is $2 or $7 a gallon go hand in hand and go with the territory. whether you choose to drive them or not is entirely up to you. but if it were me, i would eat ramen noodles so i can fill my tank with gasoline and be able to show off my hard work and enjoy my freedom of expression. to see the smiles and hear the compliments far outweigh the price im paying at the pump. i have a charger and a duster. i pay to run them both in the summer. the last thing on my mind is how much gas i am using or at what cost . :D

We're paying $1.35 a litre here, which is $5.13 a gallon. My daily driver gets 10MPG but I haven't slowed down, and don't plan on it. The worst part is, I work in the Canadian oil sands, and we're still paying stupid high prices.

there was a reason these cars sat on lots in favor of the 4 bangers in the 70s and 80s. any one that is running around with a V8 and a 4 barrel should have already been prepared and accepted the fact that these cars are only going to get 8 or 10 miles a gallon. i daily drive my V8s and i knew many years ago that there will be a day when gas is going to cost me 5 bucks a gallon. even my fuel injected 4.0 jeep cherokee is a gas pig :thumbdow: if i was ever worried about gas in favor of eating, i would have bought a honda accord instead and taken up puzzle collecting. muscle cars and gasoline, whether it is $2 or $7 a gallon go hand in hand and go with the territory. whether you choose to drive them or not is entirely up to you. but if it were me, i would eat ramen noodles so i can fill my tank with gasoline and be able to show off my hard work and enjoy my freedom of expression. to see the smiles and hear the compliments far outweigh the price im paying at the pump. i have a charger and a duster. i pay to run them both in the summer. the last thing on my mind is how much gas i am using or at what cost . :D

exactly...

Hell no, gas prices will not keep me from driving my Duster.

I drive a PT Cruiser for work (the mini minivan). It might get replaced in a year or two, likely with a used Focus. For the daily driver, gas mileage is very important.

When the Duster comes out, I don't care about gas milage. It's not that kind of car. However, the fact that I need to order a pair of axles (custom length), order a pair of 15x10 Convo Pros, and fix the center section... THAT will sideline me for a little while!

I spent two years building a 360 and putting my '70 Duster back together, like hell I'm not gonna drive it! lol... In fact I'm averaging a little over 16 MPG which is nice considering how much power it has but so far I've only been using premium pump gas since it's got 8.75:1 dynamic compression.

Doesn't matter what the cost is, I'm gonna drive it, can't put a price on the enjoyment it brings me!

I wonder how many gallons of gas I used in my Barracuda last year 30-40??

Still cheaper than the insurance. :D

hmmm lets see.. its a hobby. i love the hobby.. the dart gets 4 mpg. 02 customized ram1500 gets 11mpg. the mrs. impreza 30 mpg.. the daily driver corvair vert.. 25 mpg. the old neon.. somewhere in the twenties.. i drive what i like.. what i feel like that day. the gas $$ well .. it is what it is.. If gas were 50 cents a gallon.. we would find something else to bark about

Ok so let's go by last years prices at this time compared to now. Not like the price has doubled or tripled. At least not yet. Nothing like a ride in my car to relax me.

Not me, I don't let the price of gas dictate if I take out my Scamp or Road Runner. They aren't daily drivers, but I do enjoy cruising.
My daily driver is a 2.3 4-banger Ford Fusion....

I have to agree...My Dustpan is weekend and some week night cruiser....gas is 4.29 here is spots and Race gace is 12.00 a gallon for 109 unleaded...so...as often and it get driven...I'll fill the tank...my 2010 Explorer takes over 60.00 to fill and I have to have it everyday for my job...so a little kick in the wallet to enjoy the Dustpan...I'll do it....

not all may agree...but I didnt build this car to have it sit.

:burnout:

It's not the price of gas that will keep mine in the garage. With forced overtime at work I have the money just not the time.

I am dreading the upcoming 3000 mile trip with my diesel.......

if gas money is the issue.....your in the wrong hobby .... how about stamp collecting instead?...

When I got into the hobby I was 16 in 1985 living at home. Gas was .89 a gallon. Now however, I have the usual expenses that come with having a family. I have thought about the issue of how long a tank lasts in the Duster in Scamp and, it is true they will last a while. The fact that I will be putting gas in 5 vehicles at times. I also thought I can focus on my Satelitte. I probably will get the cars out. Just thinking out loud cause I'm frustrated. You know misery loves company.

Just got back from a road trip in the Dart thanks to the beautiful weather. Figure out my dart gets roughly 14.5 mpg but that is doing a whole lot of passing :D

Pretty sad that North America has gotten screwed over by greed..Hopefully in our lifetime we call tell the oil producing countries (middle east) to take their oil and....well you guys know the rest. Being Canadian, the economy hasnt been as rough as it has been on our American friends...not that things can't change...keep the faith America..your country has undeniable resolve!!...things will get better and look to slowly be doing that...

yes you put gas in 5 vehicles at once .. I put it in 4 vehicless, 2 motorcycles a 4 wheeler and a 17ft bayliner

.....but you only drive one at a time

4.00 for 93 octane here Im driving as much as I can thats what I got the car for to have fun. When I cant do that Ill sell it or something. its only money they make it every day. I wrote this car off as fun years ago because i will never get my money out of it so just have fun and forget the expenses.

I can put $20.00 into my daily driver and it last's a day, I put the same amount into one of my Cuda's and it might last a month!!! Which is money better spent??

Incidentally, I drove the black 66 to work the other day to check the milage against my truck.... the Cuda got better milage than my truck, so on days that I don't need the truck, I'm gonna save $5.00 on the round trip and put that $$ into the tank for fun cruising!!! Geof

Heck my 340 burned up $10 of gas in 30 mins once--those darn M6's lol

Hell yeah I'm not driving my car as much. Heck if gas was $1 a gallon it might be hundreds of miles from home right now

-
Back