Anyone run a holley sniper yet ?

-

alex perini

Reaction score
Purchased a holley sniper will be installing in a month or two if you have any advice let me know intank fuel pump ? Or inline

Before I tore mine down I ran what amounts to a Holley Avenger (4 bbl TBI/ Holley HP computer). I ran a "generic" Walbro pump down by the frame. Used EFI hose for suction connectors to be sure of no collapse. Pay attention to your return. Be sure to look for pressure at the return. 1/4" ain't gonna do it.

Before I tore mine down I ran what amounts to a Holley Avenger (4 bbl TBI/ Holley HP computer). I ran a "generic" Walbro pump down by the frame. Used EFI hose for suction connectors to be sure of no collapse. Pay attention to your return. Be sure to look for pressure at the return. 1/4" ain't gonna do it.
Is the inline pump loud ?

Purchased a holley sniper will be installing in a month or two if you have any advice let me know intank fuel pump ? Or inline

I've had mine for about a year now and I'm very happy with it. Any issues that I did have came from my own doing. My issues were that I didn't set the throttle position sensor correctly and my return line got kinked and I didn't notice it right away. Read the instructions, follow them, and it will be fine.
I used an inline pump at first for about 500 miles (Fi Tech kit) it was very noisy and would lose pressure in hot weather on drives over 45 minutes. They warranted the pump and the new one did the same. They believe it was an installation issue, not a pump issue. I switched to a Tanks Inc. tank and pump and have had no problems since. I had heard that the pumps were noisy but was surprised how quite mine is. You can hear it but nothing like the inline pump. It is getting a little louder as I get some miles on it but not too bad and you always hear it on first start up as the system builds pressure.

Is the inline pump loud ?

Guess that depends on your definition LOL. You can hear it when you get in and turn on the key. I can't hear it most of the time driving. I did NOT take any particular mounting precautions, some rubber padding I'm sure would quiet it down more.

and, depending on what you use for fuel line, that may transmit noise as well

I recently installed a Holley Sniper on a b-body (470ci low-deck) last Friday. The install took around four hours, as I already had a forward and return system. I've ran a twin-Walbro inline setup for years after the car was turbocharged, with saying that, it has a sumped fuel cell and the pumps are mounted 3" +/- below; never a single problem. The Holley Sniper kit was stupid easy to install, most of the time spent was routing the 6-wires (12v +, 12v -, switched 12v, crank signal, tach output, handheld controller) through my firewall to my blue-sea-systems fuse block inside the glove compartment.

I know this may sound insane, but so far, it's been the best single modification I've ever done. I wish this was around when running a $1,000 CSU blow-through carb on my turbo RB, rather than the FiTech being the only alternative. I run a fairly radical N/A setup, which includes a 267* @ .050 SFT camshaft and 9" 4,500 FTI converter. It runs absolutely perfectly, dead straight on 13.5:1 AFR where the target is set @ idle. Cruise, 14:1. Haven't went above 50% throttle as the engine has less than 500-miles. It idles at the light, doesn't even phase it in gear @ 1,050rpm. In neutral/park, 1,150rpm where the target is set. This combination has very little vacuum. It starts in 3-revolutions dead cold, with no tuning other than a small fuel enrichment during cranking at this point. My Sniper is only controlling fuel. This kit would have saved me hundreds of hours of tuning/banging my head against the wall over the years on carburetors (always utilizing a Wideband 02 sensor).

The only issue I ran into was my own error, as my keyed-12v source wasn't running directly the ignition switch like a standard car but a separate rocker panel switch. After adjusting the idle speed screw, in order to reset the TPS / IAC relationship the ECU needs to be power cycled. It took five minutes on the Holley forum and one YouTube video later, and the IAC / TPS relationship was perfect after two power cycles worth of adjustment (0% TPS / IAC 2-3% @ 160+* idle).

Good luck on your install!

Last edited:
-
Back