Anyone running a kevco 6qt pan?

-

swinger340

Reaction score
If so on what engine? What rpms are you turning your engine @? Do you like or dislike the pan? Would you recomend someone to buy one? Thinking about purchasing one. Im between the kevco 6qt and the milodon 7 qt. Just wondering what kind of reviews they are getting before doing so. Thanks for any input.

I just put one on my 422 stroker I have not driven it yet but it fit real nice and doesn't hang down very far. Maybe an inch below K frame if that. I won't have the car ready to drive for a few weeks.

I have one on my 340. Turn 6300 thru the lights. Love the pan, lots of baffles and good fit with Hooker headers.

bought one last week for my son's Duster 416 project, looks like a nice pan, well designed and built.

Nick

I have one on my 318 in my 66 dart, I had to trim the corners of my k frame to clear it but I think that is only early a bodies. Works great, and I would recommend it.

Curious if the Kevco pan fits with TTI headers.
Anybody running this combo????

Just had a bad experience with the Kevco M301 6 quart pan for my 340. It arrived in a condition I found to be unacceptable, which was that the top lip of the pan, where the gasket goes and where it bolts to the block was wavy and bent around the entire perimeter. I called them and was told it didnt leave their shop that way, it was damaged during shipping. Uh, yeah sure. Took about 45 minutes to block and hammer it out straight.

Should have went with the Milodon. Next time.

mine is very beefy and heavy duty.but ( and i say this not being an appearance guy of any kind, oem or not)....it is the most hideous slopped together appearing thing on my race car.lol came on a 408 crate stroker i bought brand new and i run flowtech headers...big thick welds, casting wrinkles...patch appearing plates welded here and there. it honestly makes me laugh and don't care at all b/c no one sees it...but it looks like something from the terminator.lol

Just had a bad experience with the Kevco M301 6 quart pan for my 340. It arrived in a condition I found to be unacceptable, which was that the top lip of the pan, where the gasket goes and where it bolts to the block was wavy and bent around the entire perimeter. I called them and was told it didnt leave their shop that way, it was damaged during shipping. Uh, yeah sure. Took about 45 minutes to block and hammer it out straight.

Should have went with the Milodon. Next time.

They built a custom pan for me and had the same problem with shipping. Had to straighten out the pan as well. They need to spend a couple bucks and ship in a nice box.

What does kevko have to say when you guys mention there welds and there cheesy shipping boxes. Seems as though they would try and take care of the issue so they could build a better name for themselves. Im going to try one. Im not real concerned with the hideous welds as long as it dont leak. If the gasket flange is warped or bent, that is unexceptable as far as im concerned.

my gasket flange is fine, it's a very thick HD pan...but like i said u have to get past the uglyness.lol

After researching this site and asking allot of questions I decided to buy a Kevko for my 408/69 Valiant. Upon arrival I was very impressed with the "design" and logic behind it. Howe ever, like Eddy bolt on and go heads"you have to take a close look for contamination. So far the only complaint I have is that when Kevko cuts away the stock oil pan that they clean the cut edges. I found brake off-able slag on the outside that I could see in the rear corners. So I'm concerned about the left over slag I can see on the inside. I'll borrow the bore scope from work to make sure it is clean. I wish someone a Keveko too the time to clean the edges so I could sleep at night. Here are some pics. FYI. The last pic is the Milodon (truck) I'm removing and selling. It would be a bonus if Kevko had the option for the side oil dip stick mount. Does anyone know where I can buy the bung to weld on? Cheers

Attachments

• DSC00004.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 625
  • DSC00021.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 633
  • DSC00020.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 557
  • DSC00019.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 560
  • DSC00018.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 575
  • DSC00017.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 584
  • DSC00016.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 593
  • DSC00015.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 623
  • DSC00014.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 587
  • DSC00013.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 604
The gap at the rear of the oil pan and rear main bearing look too big (Som-Ting-Wong) almost 5/8". Magnum 5.9 block....? Comments plz.

Attachments

• DSC00008.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 560
  • DSC00007.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 619
  • DSC00006.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 561
  • DSC00005.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 561
You got it P/N: M301 just like I was told when I telephones Kenko saying I had a 2001 5.9 Magunum block. CNC Motorsport said that I ordered a M301 and they sent me a M301 but, I should of had orderd a M302. CNC will be happy to replace it but, I have to pay all the shipping...another $30.00 down the shitter cause I went with the OEM suggestion..................I doubt Kenko will step up to the plate, no respose from my e-mail & pictures yet, don't expect any either

Call Kevko up. They were very helpful when I called with questions. If they told you to order the M301 then they should cover shipping.

I have their pan on my 68 Barracuda 340, fit perfect, had no problems with it. But before installation I stripped the pan down to the bare metal with paint stripper, used high temp. primer and painted it a bright red followed by a high temp. clear. Looks alot better then the half assed black paint job they put on and pan doen't look as ugly.

I have their pan on my 68 Barracuda 340, fit perfect, had no problems with it. But before installation I stripped the pan down to the bare metal with paint stripper, used high temp. primer and painted it a bright red followed by a high temp. clear. Looks alot better then the half assed black paint job they put on and pan doen't look as ugly.

Thanks, What brand of Hi temp paint did you use? I'm using Mopar's Steet Hemi Orange but, I like the idea of a coat of hi temp clear.

i por15 engine painted mine 5 or 6 years ago when i built my car. still looks good. i crank that car to 6500 on a regular basis on the autocross course, and never had a lick of trouble.

Thanks, What brand of Hi temp paint did you use? I'm using Mopar's Street Hemi Orange but, I like the idea of a coat of hi temp clear.

Hi Brad426, started with VHT 815C flame proof light gray primer, I painted my block with Mopar's period correct red but wanted to have some contrast for my pan and valve covers, I was unable to find a high temperature red that was bright enough, so I used Rust Check red paint followed by VHT 490C gloss clear. My concern was not really the heat being generated inside the pan, but more so the heat radiating off the headers on either side of the pan.

Here is the nice reply I received from Kevko.

Brad,

The pan you had ordered should have been part number M302 with pickup tube M301-1. The pickup tube works for both pans. You will have to return the pan to cnc in exchange for part number M302. I usually handle all tech questions myself, not sure if something got mistaken or what happened but if it was on our end I appologize for the inconvience.

Josh Ruby

Attachments

• vampire.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 446
-
Back