Anyone running a Milodon 30941 or 30936 pan in an A body?

-

KnuckleDuster

Reaction score
Did you have to trim tbe k member? I need info on these two 7 qt pans specifically,not the 8qt pans.

Much appreciated!

Both of those pan hang below the k frame (which equals hitting stuff with them). If it's a drag only car, go for it. It not, go with the milodon road race oil pan. It holds 6 quarts, sits above the k frame and has an oil temp sensor location.

What year is the K? On my '74, with poly engine bushings in stock mounts, I took a small notch out of the passengers side because it looked like it was going to hit but after putting it all together it would have cleared. If memory serves me correctly the earlier biscuit style Ks need notching.

Somebody must be running one of these?

Will it fit or won't it ? Stuck waiting on a solid answer to choose my direction. I'm not removing the flange on my K to make it work.

Thanks!

Installed one on my 74 Duster, stock new motor mounts and a 360. I had to notch the passenger side of the k member to get it in. Probably about 1" in. I will try to get some pictures tonight and post them for you.

With a 383?

I am running a 360,thanks but kinda apples to oranges. Just trying to find out the easy way because I have too much work in my k frame to cut it up and would have to eliminate my windage tray also. The tray I can live without but the K has been stiffened and powdercoated.

Don't know if spool mounts change anything or not,pics welcome all the same.

I do remember having to make the cut out larger than needed because of the spool mounts. The motor had to slide straight down into them so I couldn't move it over to the drivers side to clear the passenger side of the k member, get below the flange then slip it back over as I continued down.

I run the 30941 pan. Yes, I had to cut a small notch out of the passenger side of the k-frame (about 1"x1") so I wouldn't worry about anything hitting. Be sure to check header clearance with that pan as well. I spent a few hours with a torch and a hammer reshaping the passenger side of the pan so that my headers would clear...just food for thought.

In this pic, if you look closely you can see how far the pan hangs down on my car. This is with Moroso solid motor mounts if that helps.

Attachments

• Cuda wheels UP, IMG_7535.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 486
Hope this helps. I need to clearance mine forward just a little more next time the motor is out.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 439
  • 009.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 435
  • 010.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 444
  • 011.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 428
  • 014.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 424
  • 012.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 580
Great pics, I'm going to be running the same pan, so I'll probably clearance it ahead of time, before I paint it. Thanks.

I dont know the part number but the Milodon oil pan I got for my 74 duster with a 360 did hit the k member. The pan looks similar to the one in B-onefan's pics. I ended up cutting the k-member a bit on the passenger side. Looking back I should have modified the oil pan instead, but at that point I just wanted the engine in the car.

Thanks for taking the time. You saved me a lot of headaches. Not willing to cut my K after the work done to it,guess the pan won't be going on this car...bummer.

Use a die grinder with a carbide bit. You will just need to touch up the edge with a little primer and black paint on a brush. It will never be seen. That is how I ground my cleareance into the K. I know I didn't finish mine out , but it is a race car.

im running the pan, and had to do a small notch in the kframe too, nothing too bad, but i also run solid mountsm so theres no engine movement either.
you may want to factor this in with the notch size.

-
Back