Anyone tried this windage tray?

-

1967formulaS

Reaction score
Looking at getting a windage tray. Has anyone used one of these?
To be used under my 893 pan.

Screenshot_20170916-094748.png

I think it will leak with a stamped steel pan. It seals up nicely when used with a pan that has a solid rail.

I used it with stock style pan, used a slight bead of the right stuff but no leaks yet, deffinately is made to be used with a pan that has nice solid rails like Andy said... I also added more slots in mine for oil drainage

Ok cool.
Maybe get this one then.

View attachment 1715091776
I HAVE ONE IN MY GARAGE. THE ONLY REASON I DIDN`T USE IT WAS I WAS HAVING TROUBLE W/ OIL LEAKS, W/ MY GIRDLE, TURNED OUT NOT TO BE THE TRAYS FAULT. TOO LAZY TO PUT IT BACK IN. Also have a metal stroker tray , not being used too. Both for sale The mopar one only has about 2 hrs run time on it. -(disregard caps)

I have used several,
#1....windage tray and upper/lower gaskets....all in one
#2....reusable
#3.... because they have small sleeves, and the gasket is part of the tray, there is no squish out when you tightened it down.
I do add a full standard composite pan gasket between the block and the windage tray, to aid in sealing the mated surfaces of the cam cover and rear main seal housing and the block. No RTV

I will use this combo on any build.

Glad to see Summit carrying them....for the last few years, I could only find them at Jegs

I have the molded gasket style windage tray in my Dart, it works fine, no leaks. I put a little RTV on the seam where the timing cover meets the block and on the rear seal retainer, the rest was installed dry.

just rtv over where the rear seal retainer meet the block and where timing cover meets the block,otherwise nothing else needed
,there good up to 4.150 strokers

-
Back