Anyone use these trim rings?

-
"Fits 7 in. wide stock steel rallye wheels. This is a replacement trim ring that fits 14x7 Camaro and Chevelle applications." From Summit. Probably means it is a crap shoot as to whether they would work or not. Maybe buy 1 and try it. If it doesn't work, return it.

Or, the Wheel Vintiques site lists the 3003-P or -B as Chrysler ralley wheel specific. Summit shows them both being 15" dia yet the wheels are 14" on the site. Maybe a call to Wheel Vintiques will get you an answer. 559-251-6957

don,t know if this will be helpful but the trim rings off my wifes' '86 tempo fit perfect on my 14"s and had a "factory" look to them....

For $25 each, just cut with a metal wheel cutter, the inside edge (and no more) where it curls over. Another FABO member told me about it and it worked great.

Here is what those trim rings look like on 14" Mopar ralley wheels;

NewTires001-2.jpg

I had to modify the inner edge to get them to seat all the way down onto the rim but they look light years better than the 14x6 trim rings on the same wheels.

NewTires001-2.jpg

I had to modify the inner edge to get them to seat all the way down onto the rim but they look light years better than the 14x6 trim rings on the same wheels.

Those look super. Are they Ferd Tempo trim rings too?

NewTires001-2.jpg

"dgc333" are those the same trim rings I posted from the link above? If so those look great!

They are the Wheel Vintique 14x7 OEM style #3001 (same ring you linked from the Summit site). Because the rims are 14x6 I orignally purchased the Wheel Vintique 14x6 OEM style but they left a large gap between the edge of the ring and the wheel center. I sent them back and got the 14x7's. As I mentioned there is a lip that is rolled onto the the inside edge of these rings that prevents the ring from going all the way on. I trimmed it off with tin snips and they fit great. The trimmed edge goes down between the wheel center and rim where it is not visable at all.

The picture from the Summit site looks more like the 15x7 Chrysler style trim ring which is not available from Wheel Vintiques in 14" sizes and is quite a bit more expensive.

If you want accurate pictures of the rings go to the Wheel Vintiques site.

They are the Wheel Vintique 14x7 OEM style #3001 (same ring you linked from the Summit site). Because the rims are 14x6 I orignally purchased the Wheel Vintique 14x6 OEM style but they left a large gap between the edge of the ring and the wheel center. I sent them back and got the 14x7's. As I mentioned there is a lip that is rolled onto the the inside edge of these rings that prevents the ring from going all the way on. I trimmed it off with tin snips and they fit great. The trimmed edge goes down between the wheel center and rim where it is not visable at all.

The picture from the Summit site looks more like the 15x7 Chrysler style trim ring which is not available from Wheel Vintiques in 14" sizes and is quite a bit more expensive.

If you want accurate pictures of the rings go to the Wheel Vintiques site.

Thanks a bunch. I greatly appreciated it.

The Summit 3001 14x7's trim rings - do they need the inner lip trimmed for both 14x6 and 14x5.5 stock wheels so there is no gap?? Thanks!

-
Back