Anyone using Hooker 5204 Headers?

-

HemiTM

Reaction score
I saw these on a post. Is anyone using the Hooker 5204 Headers, and if so how well do they fit on an "A" body. Thanks

If those are the 1 3/4 tube small block hedders, I have used them on a coulple of different A-Bodies.
Fit great! Not bad to put on.
One thing that bothered me, I have own 3 sets of them, & the collector flange has been clocked different in all three sets.
No big deal if its your 1st installation.

they hang below the tire rods...and the tie rods go thru the headers...other wise they fit...

got a set on a 71 Dart and 71 Demon

Whats up with the collector flange. I have a pair in my 68 Barracuda. the flange catches everything. Its clocked with tip pointed down. I like them, I am in the process of swapping them in to my Duster drag car. I think I will cut the flange off. Run a slip fit or something else. Still I think the fit is better than My TTis.

Whats up with the collector flange. I have a pair in my 68 Barracuda. the flange catches everything. Its clocked with tip pointed down. I like them, I am in the process of swapping them in to my Duster drag car. I think I will cut the flange off. Run a slip fit or something else. Still I think the fit is better than My TTis.

yes..my crew ruined the passenger side while loading the car on the trailer...back in sept..

the header flange caught the trailer.....

I thought these headers were supposed to have excellent ground clearance because they mount above the steering link? I was going to go with these headers for my motor to get away from my puny 1-5/8' hedmann's that already give me clearance problems....are these worse then the typical cheapy 1-5/8 header?

I thought these headers were supposed to have excellent ground clearance because they mount above the steering link? I was going to go with these headers for my motor to get away from my puny 1-5/8' hedmann's that already give me clearance problems....are these worse then the typical cheapy 1-5/8 header?

The hooker 1 3/4 tubes fit great.
#1 tube come straight down & takes a 90 degree turn to the collector. Great ground clearance.
They will not fit with power steering.

If they are the hookers i tried, they will not fit with the Milodon oil pan.

I had the 5204's on my 69 'Cuda, the first couple years. Fit good, didn't hang low, made good power for the price. Still got em if anyone wants a set. Mark

Attachments

• DSCF0073.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 506
  • DSCF0074.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 462
They are good headers. You just need to be aware of the passenger side clearance, especially if you run your front low on street. Also pay attention to loading on trailers. I to have got caught loading.

They are good headers. You just need to be aware of the passenger side clearance, especially if you run your front low on street. Also pay attention to loading on trailers. I to have got caught loading.

Do they run above or below the center link? How low is the passenger side header? Seems like if they are that much of an issue for ground clearance then they are NOT a good fitting header- fit imo concerns not only engine bay but ground clearance also....or am I reading you all wrong here man?

two tubes on passenger side are below the tie rod...see post #12 above with pictures...on passenger side ..tie rods go between the tubes...

two tubes on passenger side are below the tie rod...see post #12 above with pictures...on passenger side ..tie rods go between the tubes...

Damn, I see it now...so when loading on trailers, its not the flange that gets close, but the part on the passenger side going under the tie rod.

Anyone have any pics of their cars from the front that kinda shows how low these things hang???

i have a set on a 71 dart and 71 demon...just went out in the garage a couple of minutes ago to take pictures of them on demon...but they did not come out on digital camera....tomorrow is another day...

on a street car...speed bumps will kill them...on a race car...no problem

i have a set on a 71 dart and 71 demon...just went out in the garage a couple of minutes ago to take pictures of them on demon...but they did not come out on digital camera....tomorrow is another day...

on a street car...speed bumps will kill them...on a race car...no problem

Pics would be great Tony! I do alot of street driving with mine, and I found that the 1-5/8's hedmans hang quite low, especially on the passenger side....if they are similar to what mine are already like, they shouldn't be a big deal...but if they are as low as it sounds, they might be a problem and I might have to splurge for TTi's as much as I hate to support over priced products

with street driving the only safe headers are Dougs and TTi.....sooner or later...you will smash the tubes on these too..

with street driving the only safe headers are Dougs and TTi.....sooner or later...you will smash the tubes on these too..

As far as I know the doug's only come in the 1-5/8's for these cars/motors...I will have to look at the TTi's...I have thought about doing custom headers, but its way too much work that I don't think i could possibly do.

I saw in your other post on the duster you forgot your camera, but if you get a chance to snap some pics next time your out working Tony I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Actually there is a 71 Demon in my garage with 5204s on it...but the front end of the car sits kind of low since it is for drag racing...I can take a picture in the morning...you can see how it goes around the tie rod...but the clearance to the ground is going to be terrible on that car..

Actually there is a 71 Demon in my garage with 5204s on it...but the front end of the car sits kind of low since it is for drag racing...I can take a picture in the morning...you can see how it goes around the tie rod...but the clearance to the ground is going to be terrible on that car..

A pic of the demon would be perfect since I like my car low, so it will give me an idea of ground clearance and how it goes around the tie rod...thanks Tony!

70 Dart Swinger
Hooker Super Comps
Don't remember the part #
Milodon oil pan
4 inches from pan and headers to the floor

Attachments

• parts%20for%20sale%20013.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 379
-
Back