AR-15s

-
Update on gun thread, I have in fact reached out to Joey to discuss parameters. We will certainly have to self police as 2A and politics tend to ride on the same bus. Like the feedback so many of you have already provided, in theory we keep it firearms related only and let the politics, C19, legislative, and what have you go to the NP section. I had not thought about blades but I got a beer says most all of us have em! I am a sucker for hand made Damascus! So firearms, reloading, blades, and well dogs of course? Should someone come up with an IED sniffing cat, well I reckon we would have to let that post stand as well! Certainly No draconian guard rails short of politics where I vote zero tolerance. This is gradually going from a hare brained idea to a full blown plot.

I like it @Sublime one

• Contact Joey so he can consult with the site owner on your proposal.
  • Keep it strictly technical and that includes experiences/results with explanations/questions as needed.
  • Legit legislation type updates is out of bounds. Anything legit that is truly earth-shattering could be handled by pm with the tight circle of "regulars" here.
  • Ditto on the never been to the NP side of FABO, nor will I ever. I assume NP is news & politics. Some of that crap can spill over to other forums and alienate (new and long-time) members.
I'm here for the learning experience and "doing my homework". I'm not a newbie per se, but I don't have the depth and breadth I see here. Thank you.
We were clearly on same page as I had already reached out to Joey. And I love your comment about experience and results. One of the base tenets we as instructors Have is being able to answer the why questions. I cannot in good conscience tell a student “do it this way” with out explaining why.

Update on gun thread, I have in fact reached out to Joey to discuss parameters. We will certainly have to self police as 2A and politics tend to ride on the same bus. Like the feedback so many of you have already provided, in theory we keep it firearms related only and let the politics, C19, legislative, and what have you go to the NP section. I had not thought about blades but I got a beer says most all of us have em! I am a sucker for hand made Damascus! So firearms, reloading, blades, and well dogs of course? Should someone come up with an IED sniffing cat, well I reckon we would have to let that post stand as well! Certainly No draconian guard rails short of politics where I vote zero tolerance. This is gradually going from a hare brained idea to a full blown plot.
This is awesome. I love this idea. I love my guns reloading dogs and blades!

You have dogs that know how to reload? Sell me one.
Lol punctuation is key lol guns, reloading, dogs, and blades. Haha
That would be cool tho. It would save me a bunch of time if Marshall would go load me some 5.56 while I'm outside working on the dart. Lol

I have a Ballester Molina, 45acp. I like it. I used it in my CCW class to qualified.
I really like the pivoting trigger over the M1911 sliding trigger.
Anybody got one or any experience with one.

i dont forsee politics being an issue, dollar to donuts, if you like your second amendment rights, you voted Trump

will the have a for sale section as well?

I have a Ballester Molina, 45acp. I like it. I used it in my CCW class to qualified.
I really like the pivoting trigger over the M1911 sliding trigger.
Anybody got one or any experience with one.
Literally the only thing I know about the Ballester is that it was a Argentina version? I want to say pre world war two? but not really sure? Beyond that I got nothin! Maybe one of these other guys may have more knowledge?

Now PSA shows my rifle not shipped and in processing. And out of stock. WTF

Update:
My FFL emailed me and said he got delivery date from PSA. Waiting on that info.

Last edited:
I've owned several "assault " rifles. Thats a terrible description, I know. I've had...
Original Colt AR-15 shorty
Colt AR-15 H-Bar Sporter.
Another AR-15 shorty with a Colt lower and an old Olympic Arms H-Bar upper
2 Polytech AK-47s in 7.62x39
2 Norinco AK-47s with underfolding stocks in .223.
HK-91 7.62x51
CETME 7.62x51.
The point is, after all that, I've settled on a DS Arms
FN-FAL 7.62x51, and .308 Winchester.
Its a top notch rifle. I ordered it with a 16" barrel, shoots like a dream.
After 30 years of buying and shooting this type of firearm, this seems to be the one.
The HK-91 was fantastic, but I sold it many years ago, and can't afford to replace it now. But the FAL is just really great! It just works!
Im just giving you an option other than what everyone else seems to be getting right now.

My rifle

0724152222.jpg

0723151806-1.jpg

Cart before the horse.
They are roving gangs on crime sprees in the city right now. So it's a given purchase...today.
$399 to my door for 600 rds, Miwall Corp.
A month ago I bought a DPMS flat top AR-15 and a 1000 Rounds of brass case ammo. For $1300 to my FFL holder

Now PSA shows my rifle not shipped and in processing. And out of stock. WTF

Update:
My FFL emailed me and said he got delivery date from PSA. Waiting on that info.
I bought a psa AR 10 and have had itva few years and never shot it.I need to get some king of optics on it.The one pictured is to long

20200708_204155.jpg
20200708_204217.jpg

Optics are nice, but what does the OP need it for? (I haven't read the whole thread).
No need for optics for home defense. MAYBE flip up sights, but that's it. Personally, im an iron sight guy, and I can still see anything up to 200 yards.

Optics are nice, but what does the OP need it for? (I haven't read the whole thread).
No need for optics for home defense. MAYBE flip up sights, but that's it. Personally, im an iron sight guy, and I can still see anything up to 200 yards.

An AR10 without glass is like having a Hemi with only 2 spark plugs.

-
Back