AR-15s

-
This thread has gone crazy!!
For craps sake, just buy the goddamn thing!
Get one in 5.56 and you can't hardly go wrong.
Cheap ammo, cheap mags, and most of the cool gadgets are interchangeable between calibers.
Its really an awesome little rifle!
I got the PSA under my pillow. Red dot sight on the way. Haven't fired it yet.
I think I cracked a knuckle raising the Magpul sights.

I got the PSA under my pillow. Red dot sight on the way. Haven't fired it yet.
I think I cracked a knuckle raising the Magpul sights.
Yep it morphed into a all things AR thread! Can’t hardly not like it tho! Some very knowledgeable AR folks on here (I clearly am not one of them!). Been a wealth of build info, me I am just your local trigger slapper.

Great thread. I wonder if the OP hardened his home or stopped at the gun purchase like most do and call it good.

Great thread. I wonder if the OP hardened his home or stopped at the gun purchase like most do and call it good.
Harden my home?

update
The TRS-26 sight came in today. Got it mounted at the rearmost slots and familiarized myself with it. Oddly it didn't come with a user manual, and I didn't know which end was front or back and why it didn't have a red dot LOL Looked up the user manual online and got it all figgered out.

I went out last weekend and got the Magpul sights sort of dialed in. The rear sight is blurry with bifocals, and I can't hit much, so I call it good after 30 rounds and a few adjustments. Looking through the red dot sight, it seems it might be a cure for my vision woes. Oh, the rifle performed flawlessly with the M855 stuff. One gripe, the adjustable stock pulled some hair out of my face a couple times. :)

Harden my home?

update
The TRS-26 sight came in today. Got it mounted at the rearmost slots and familiarized myself with it. Oddly it didn't come with a user manual, and I didn't know which end was front or back and why it didn't have a red dot LOL Looked up the user manual online and got it all figgered out.

I went out last weekend and got the Magpul sights sort of dialed in. The rear sight is blurry with bifocals, and I can't hit much, so I call it good after 30 rounds and a few adjustments. Looking through the red dot sight, it seems it might be a cure for my vision woes. Oh, the rifle performed flawlessly with the M855 stuff. One gripe, the adjustable stock pulled some hair out of my face a couple times. :)

Not sure what kind of stock you're using, but I had a Magpul CTR on my last AR. It has a friction lock that does a great job of stopping rattles, and it never pulled on my beard.

I don't use rifles for home defense. That's how accidents happen when you got enough problems already.
Shotguns, man.

I have never had my ears ring or even noticed the blast when there's a deer in the scope. Barely a pop.

I got a Rhodie FAL in the build rotation now!
Is it a parts kit? Im a big fan of the Rhodesian stuff.

I have the same issue with beard hair occasionally. I have 5 or 6 different stocks and they all do it, some worse than others. Just a price to pay to shoot with a little longer beard hair I guess.

I have the same issue with beard hair occasionally. I have 5 or 6 different stocks and they all do it, some worse than others. Just a price to pay to shoot with a little longer beard hair I guess.

Sounds like you need to add one more. Shouldn’t have an issues with an A2 stock.

-
Back