Ar15 add-ons

-
well another round of toys came in!

i went for the Magpul MOE Plus rear grip, comfortable, easy install, and much better over stock... and has a small carry cavity in it!

Magpul "B.A.D" lever... and all i can say is that its amazing! easy to install, HIGHLY functional... and incase you dont know what it does it allows you to drop the action when you out of ammo from the trigger well...

lastly i got the magpul trigger guard... gives you a little extra finger room...

have to say everything i have gotten from MagPul has been a direct fit, no fuss installs, True Bolt on parts...

Bravo Magpul...

Attachments

• 100_5416.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 100_5417.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 169
  • 100_5418.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 152
Here is a product that is very important if you plan on running a lot of rounds through your new AR. It will save the lower and tighten upper to lower unit a little. I have them on all my rifle's and all the ones I have built for others.
Troy Industries probably has the best quad rail available it will lock back into your upper and you will never get a rock side to side and most everything they have is free float pricey but you get what you pay for. I like the arms sites. But I also run the flat top receivers so really the fold down front site won't do you any good because you are running the pre-milled carry handle. So you will already be high enough to run any optics you chose.

Hope this will help. Cheap Insurance!

And here is a gentleman that I had the pleasure to get to shoot with and become a close friend. He had taught me a lot on getting an AR to shoot and be reliable, a true hero. Please check this site out they also have a lot of products available.

http://www.laruetactical.com/robert-horrigan-dedication
http://troyind.com/
http://www.riflegear.com/p-610-kns-gen-2-anti-walkrotation-triggerhammer-pin-set-154-diameter.aspx

Thanks
Michael

Here is a product that is very important if you plan on running a lot of rounds through your new AR. It will save the lower and tighten upper to lower unit a little. I have them on all my rifle's and all the ones I have built for others.
Troy Industries probably has the best quad rail available it will lock back into your upper and you will never get a rock side to side and most everything they have is free float pricey but you get what you pay for. I like the arms sites. But I also run the flat top receivers so really the fold down front site won't do you any good because you are running the pre-milled carry handle. So you will already be high enough to run any optics you chose.

Hope this will help. Cheap Insurance!

And here is a gentleman that I had the pleasure to get to shoot with and become a close friend. He had taught me a lot on getting an AR to shoot and be reliable, a true hero. Please check this site out they also have a lot of products available.

http://www.laruetactical.com/robert-horrigan-dedication
http://troyind.com/
http://www.riflegear.com/p-610-kns-gen-2-anti-walkrotation-triggerhammer-pin-set-154-diameter.aspx

Thanks
Michael

that pin set is interesting! will have to look into that....

Got an Uncle still lives in Detroit. Old 82nd Airborne guy. Keeps a 90 round snail drum on his Delta H-Bar. Why? He says because...... Side note, for an old guy he can drill nails at 450-500 yards with that Delta with the original Tasco scope that came with it... He has bust a lot more caps in his lifetime than I ever have.

Got an Uncle still lives in Detroit. Old 82nd Airborne guy. Keeps a 90 round snail drum on his Delta H-Bar. Why? He says because...... Side note, for an old guy he can drill nails at 450-500 yards with that Delta with the original Tasco scope that came with it... He has bust a lot more caps in his lifetime than I ever have.

haha 90 rounds... holy crap...

and its not something that you lose your touch thats for sure...

here is our range day! have to say the new parts! the BAD lever worked great! the New Pmags never jambed ONCE out of about 7 30 round mags worth...

here are the pics...

oh and the little lever action is a 22Mag Winchester

Last is my grouping at 100yrds... the two to the far right and the two right next to each other were sight ins... the rest were my group...

Attachments

• 100_5433.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 100_5431.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 100_5430.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 100_5423.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 100_5420.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 146
  • 100_5419.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_5435.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 142
AR15/M-16A2 with no supressor? I fired mine once without the supressor ( I illegally took it off to clean) and every Marine within 200m swung their heads around, looking to see what the heck was fired. Totally different sound. I spun it on real quick before anyone got in trouble, blamed it on a short round.

AR15/M-16A2 with no supressor? I fired mine once without the supressor ( I illegally took it off to clean) and every Marine within 200m swung their heads around, looking to see what the heck was fired. Totally different sound. I spun it on real quick before anyone got in trouble, blamed it on a short round.

Bull Barrels dont have threads... but im gonna make a clamp on eventually...

I love shooting the 22 magnum, I love the round... I also have a 17HMR that can hammer nails at 100 yards..

Ok! so im onto the next dilemma...

i have a 20" upper rifle... i want to upgrade from the fixed A2 stock to the Magpul ACS stock... what buffer tube/buffer do i use?

already planning on running a sprinco Blue or red buffer spring and 5 coil extractor spring...

its just all the tubes i find are "Carbine" tubes...

am i just getting hung up on terms? is the 6 position UTG mil spec tube and nut fine, and then the sprinco springs, with stock buffer?

im so lost...

The 6 position UTG will work. You might need a shorter buffer, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
You should join www.m4carbine.net if you're not already on it. It has tons of info on all types of weapons, not just M4's. They are really slow at approving your membership, I think it took a week for them to approve me.

If you ever get the urge to get a gas pison AR, don't do it. I really don't like mine very much.

Why were you doing that level of cleaning at the range? Only place I've seen them that anal about stupid stuff like the barrel tip being spotless was bootcamp.

I did take the entire fire control goup (trigger assembly) apart several times throughout boot camp and MCT. Someone else saw me do it and tried it himself and lost a spring.

When I was a D.I., we had them taking the pisol grip and buttstock off to clean. Pretty stupid, looking back.

The 6 position UTG will work. You might need a shorter buffer, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
You should join www.m4carbine.net if you're not already on it. It has tons of info on all types of weapons, not just M4's. They are really slow at approving your membership, I think it took a week for them to approve me.

If you ever get the urge to get a gas pison AR, don't do it. I really don't like mine very much.

i was trying to get on AR-15.com but they dont accept gmail accounts as a usable account so i cant get on there but i'll join m4! thanks

good on the utg, and when you say buffer you mean the physical buffer, not the spring, right?

and good to know on the gas piston upgrade... im just gonna get this one really refined, want to go 500yrds with it eventually...

-
Back