Are all door handles the same 64-76?

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I need to change my gruddy looking door handles after my car is painted(66 Dart)Are all Dart/Duster/Demon/Dart Sport/Barracuda/Valliant/Scamp door handles the same?Thanks for any help.:toothy10:

The 68 s did have black buttons. There was a slight change in the mechanical design behind the button too. If you buy reproduction handles you'll need to reuse your original mechanical parts. If the button sticks when pushed now you'll need to clean, lubricate whatever to correct that. Repeatedly hitting down on the top of the handle to get the button to pop back out will either break the handle or more often crack the door skin. I suggest you have the originals re chromed. The repops and some that are supposedly NOS that I have seen dont look as good as some 40 year old pieces.

Hey Redfish,thanks for the detailed info.The ones on my 66 Dart still work fine,but have those bronze looking squiggly lines all over them and figured some newer chrome ones(originals)would look much better with a fresh paint job.I,m waiting to hear back from a member that had some for sale from his Duster,that look in brand new condition.Hopefully he still has them?If not I,ll search for others first before taking mine for a rechrome.I,m taking my 4 tail lights in to be redone anyway.Thanks again.

Scott if you want quality chroming close by, check out midway plating, I had my set of bumpers done on my 69 sport satellite years ago and they were perfect when I got them back, they even welded a patch in a spot. $575/pair but that was 15 years ago. They were at moparfest too... here's the link http://www.midwayplating.com/index.html

-
Back