are there any other LOWPAR lovers out there?

-

Hyperballsmcgee

Reaction score
does anyone else on this site just love the look of a slammed a-body? don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those slammedenuff guys but I love me a low rider, and believe me, I know the trouble that comes with sittin' pretty, especially when you've got a smallblock with cheap longtubes, so I don't wanna hear all that "you'll scrape" or "you'll never hook" stuff. I LOVE LOVE LOVE a good gasser too so the low thing isn't just cause of my age group. haha

anywho, here's my scamp, just a cheaters low rider right now, loose t-bars and air shocks out back. post pics of what ya got and how you made your mopar into a lowpar

Attachments

• image.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,182
Here we go again!

Just for the record, I think everything looks better lowered- except 4X's.

When done, I expect the front to be 1" lower and the back to be 2" lower than it is in the pic.

Attachments

• 2013-08-18_19-35-42_616.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 866
too each his own.
Richard-Zocchis-1962-Chrysler-300-George-Barris-Kustom-DElegance-Award.jpg
0.jpg

000_0197.jpg
0912phr_25_o%2B20_affordable_project_cars%2Bdodge_dart.jpg

I like them a little lower with just the right amount of rake toward the front of the car.

Little rake here. Street lynx rear hemi deny front=fun!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 810
Nope, not a fan of "in the weeds". Stance with the front a little lower than the rear, YES. Then again, I started driving in the mid-1970s. I also like function over form. I will build the combination to handle the best it can and brake the best it can.

I am not a fan of getting trash stuck under a car because it rides to low.

Or scraping the bottom anytime I pull out of a drive way.

And not having the suspension work properly because it is way lower that it was designed for.

I may raise the front an inch at max maybe. Car handles and stops far better than anything ma mopar ever produced. I prefer road racing capability myself cause I drive my cars to the max, but that's just my preference.

Compared to what?:wack:

Not compared to anything. They look great stock height too, lowered looks like it's geared toward more aggressive handling capability. Fwiw I'm of the belief that there should be changes in the suspension to allow it to work properly when lowered.

And that 4 door pictured above is too low even for me....

big wheels and lowered cars, not for me

after driving a car that was lowered on 1 inch, eagle talon. i will never lower another car. thing scraped the ground non stop. bottom out on really bad bumps due to less suspension travel and less wheel clearance meant i could put cheap tires on it that were slightly larger

Slight rake on the Scamp,dropped an inch up front,002/003 Super Stocks out back give it a rake..

Here we go again!

Just for the record, I think everything looks better lowered- except 4X's.

When done, I expect the front to be 1" lower and the back to be 2" lower than it is in the pic.

Sweet dart. What kind of wheels are those?

Lowered 1.06" bars and ARE's front hangars with stock 340 leafs.

Attachments

• 9259.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 940
Guess it all depends what you call big wheels, while in this decade I find 14" tires becoming harder to find... I'll go for a set of 17 or 18's before I go 15's on my 64 Signet

I like low as long as the car still functions and has suspension up travel. If you go beyond that, you either like to drive really slow or have a young back.

-
Back