Are these normal and acceptable temps ???

-

duster360

Reaction score
Ok, I posted awhile back about my cooling issues before I really got to drive the car much. Well I have been driving it a fair amount the past few weeks and here are the hard facts about the engine temps. This morning it was 75* on the way to work ( about a 10 mile drive ) the car ran 180* all the way. This evening it is 97 degrees on the way home from work ( about a 10 mile drive ) and the car ran at about 198* on the highway. When I get in traffic or the neighborhood where I have to drive uphill about a mile it will climb to 205*. From what I can tell, as long as it is 85* or under the car will run 190* or less. It has a 180* thermostat, 7 blade flexalite flex fan, 22" 2 row radiator and fan shroud.

67 Dart, has a mild 340, 3000 stall, and 3.91 gears.

What is your opinion?

Does anyone make a good 17" fan that would pull more air than the 18 flex fan I have now. I have to drop down 1" because the 18" is so close if anthing gives way it will eat the shroud. I had a 17" 7 blade stock clutch fan on it, but I just don't feel comfortable with the clutch, I would rather have the direct drive.

If your really worried get the Mopar performance fan kit. It is a clutch fan style with a 5 blade fan. They really work well.

I have a 7 blade factory fan with a new clutch I ran for a short period before I really got the car sorted out. Maybe I will give it another try.

-
Back