are these tracks right?

-

71Scamper

Mopar runs thru my veins!
Reaction score
I bought these buckets from someone who had them in his 70 Dart. I tried to test fit them today and the tracks are about 2 inches too narrow. Is it possible the tracks are backwards or are they just wrong? I also found out the seats are actually out of a 70 coronet/super bee. It would make sense if the tracks are also from the coronet/super bee but again the last owner told me they were installed in his Dart. I guess that doesn't mean he used the factory holes either. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20130815_152214.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 288
  • 20130815_152225.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 274
are you trying to use the factory holes from the bench seat ...the buckets used all four holes, completely different from the bench seat holes ....those look like the right tracks

that looks like a driver side ....the studs should be around 11 1/2 inches side to side ....there is some wiggle room and about 1/4 tolerance in that.

Those were mine and guy I bought feom said they were a body seats and that they came out if his dart. Also my car was a bench seat car so I had to drill holes

I did I drilled the holes where the factory dimpled them and welded in the bracing plates for the inner tracks. something just isn't right.

that looks like a driver side ....the studs should be around 11 1/2 inches side to side ....there is some wiggle room and about 1/4 tolerance in that.

OK now i'm really confused. I followed directions I found using the search function to drill and brace the holes. I drilled out where the factory dimpled the floor. The outside holes I drilled, lined up with the holes in the braces that come off the back side of the rockers. the inners were drilled at the dimples and I welded in the bracing plates.

Center to center, I got 12 1/2" side to side on the drivers floor, the passengers floor was 11 3/4" side to side. I didn't think Ma Mopar was this bad with tolerances.

wait, so you just drilled holes and welded plates in, with out ever test fitting them?

I just replaced my bench with buckets in my '73 Swinger & those look right to me as well.

wait, so you just drilled holes and welded plates in, with out ever test fitting them?

I didn't have the seats when I welded the plates in. I read at least five threads of people converting from bench to bucket and all had said they just drilled where the factory dimpled the floor. Looked pretty straight forward to me.

Kinda interesting, those tracks look very similar to my 65 dart seat tracks. Front to back is 11 1/2 and side to side is 17.5. I noticed on my car that the bench seat holes are just about parrallel to the bucket seat holes. (original bucket seat car).

Measure twice, cut once :)

Not sure about A body, but 66/67 B body tracks are offset.

The tracks actually mount |_ |_ instead of _| |_ like you have them.

Try that.

OK now i'm really confused. I followed directions I found using the search function to drill and brace the holes. I drilled out where the factory dimpled the floor. The outside holes I drilled, lined up with the holes in the braces that come off the back side of the rockers. the inners were drilled at the dimples and I welded in the bracing plates.

Center to center, I got 12 1/2" side to side on the drivers floor, the passengers floor was 11 3/4" side to side. I didn't think Ma Mopar was this bad with tolerances.

Measure 2x and cut once DOES NOT apply only to building homes.... :banghead:

I cant really tell what tracks those are without a profile view.

Change slides so the attachment bolts are on the inside
of the seat bottom.

-
Back