Are traction bars ever right on a Mopar??

-
I added traction bars to my super stock leafs and afterward it hooks great! I went to an ice cream shop in the car once and a cute young girl came over to me and said “I’m sorry to tell you, but you have something hanging down under your car”. (At least she was looking at the car.). I told her it was supposed to be like that and she gave me a look like I was lying to her.
4D98B441-EAC7-4747-B1A8-3ED455602DE5.jpeg

I added traction bars to my super stock leafs and afterward it hooks great! I went to an ice cream shop in the car once and a cute young girl came over to me and said “I’m sorry to tell you, but you have something hanging down under your car”. (At least she was looking at the car.). I told her it was supposed to be like that and she gave me a look like I was lying to her.
View attachment 1715543864
Love '68 GTX's.... I had a young man ask me if those things hanging down on my Duster were the hydraulics....

View attachment 1715543864

LOFREAKINL

Plainly stated "It has the traction to cut 1.7's, maybe 1.6's which is probably good enough to run mid 11's IF it had the power under the hood to do that"...… nothing stated about my current car running 11's. Somehow, that got by you. not surprised, as you have selective hearing :D
No there you go again with your selective reading and selective interpretation. I said you keep talkin about 11 seconds and pointing at your car or talking about it on the internet like doing it for $5,000? Why would you even say anything like that in your video.. why would you point out your car and say anything about 11 seconds? Is that some kind of dream of yours?...

No there you go again with your selective reading and selective interpretation. I said you keep talkin about 11 seconds and pointing at your car or talking about it on the internet like doing it for $5,000? Why would you even say anything like that in your video.. why would you point out your car and say anything about 11 seconds? Is that some kind of dream of yours?...
sorry man... LOL... I cannot follow you. Wish I knew how to answer, but I have no idea of what your talk'n about. Hundreds of views on youtube and here on FABO and you are the only one beating on that drum out in the middle of some forest.

sorry man... LOL... I cannot follow you. Wish I knew how to answer, but I have no idea of what your talk'n about. Hundreds of views on youtube and here on FABO and you are the only one beating on that drum out in the middle of some forest.
you know how to answer, the answer is I wish I had an 11-second a body duster. LOL don't talk about it on the internet not start threads claiming 11 seconds on 5000. Not mentioning 11 seconds when you point at your duster and you're talking on your YouTube channel. But actually building an 11-second Duster and then talking about it.. you're already talking about 12 seconds yet no 12 second time slip.... I guess it's now that you're a YouTube Star you got to start saying things that bring people's interest... I understand...

you know how to answer, the answer is I wish I had an 11-second a body duster. LOL don't talk about it on the internet not start threads claiming 11 seconds on 5000. Not mentioning 11 seconds when you point at your duster and you're talking on your YouTube channel. But actually building an 11-second Duster and then talking about it.. you're already talking about 12 seconds yet no 12 second time slip.... I guess it's now that you're a YouTube Star you got to start saying things that bring people's interest... I understand...
.........Somebody help me understand .......... :BangHead:
I said I was building an 11 second Duster on 5000?? :realcrazy: This video was about 11 second cars???? :realcrazy: Anyways, I was telling my viewers that with the traction as I have set up, it may hook down to a 1.6 or 1.7 which would be about a mid 11 second car. Nowhere did I suggest my car runs 11's, and I clearly stated that my car cuts 1.8 consistently.

Last edited:
.........Somebody help me understand .......... :BangHead:
I said I was building an 11 second Duster on 5000?? :realcrazy: This video was about 11 second cars???? :realcrazy: Anyways, I was telling my viewers that with the traction as I have set up, it may hook down to a 1.6 or 1.7 which would be about a mid 11 second car. Nowhere did I suggest my car runs 11's, and I clearly stated that my car cuts 1.8 consistently.
hey wait a minute you got people talking about stuff on this thread from yellow spark plug wires to Chrome & stickers to fake side pipes none of which was mentioned in your video and you choose me to run up a pole???....
My point is 11 seconds shouldn't be rolling off your tongue when you point at that car until you at least get to 12....
It reminds me of all the kids nowadays saying 10 second car because they watch fast and the furious with no real world knowledge of how it's actually done...

hey wait a minute you got people talking about stuff on this thread from yellow spark plug wires to Chrome & stickers to fake side pipes none of which was mentioned in your video and you choose me to run up a pole???....
My point is 11 seconds shouldn't be rolling off your tongue when you point at that car until you at least get to 12....
It reminds me of all the kids nowadays saying 10 second car because they watch fast and the furious with no real world knowledge of how it's actually done...
I ran you up a pole because you are saying I was claiming my car to be an 11 second car in the video.... LOL.. IF that's what you heard, that's what you heard. :D :D You are in your own forest.....
But trust me, my viewers will see the video when it goes to the track of whatever that car runs....

I ran you up a pole because you are saying I was claiming my car to be an 11 second car in the video.... LOL.. IF that's what you heard, that's what you heard. :D :D You are in your own forest.....
But trust me, my viewers will see the video when it goes to the track of whatever that car runs....
No I was not claiming your car was an 11-second car! You were claiming with enough power in the engine compartment that it could be an 11-second car with an open differential.... My point would be and still is why do you even talk about 11 seconds? It just sounds like something to throw out there to spark interest...

No I was not claiming your car was an 11-second car! You were claiming with enough power in the engine compartment that it could be an 11-second car with an open differential.... My point would be and still is why do you even talk about 11 seconds? It just sounds like something to throw out there to spark interest...
Traction... all about traction. Nothing about my video was about if my car was fast or not, but about how well it hooks with an open rear end. Did you even notice how well it hooked on a non-prepped surface?

@j par , are you being a good boy in this thread? I hope so.
LOL.. I'm being good I'm talking about what was said in the video. You might want to check some of these other guys talking about side pipes yellow spark plug wires and stickers and stuff like that those guys were way off base. I think they were trying to derail the thread...
I'm just trying to improve his communication skills on his newfound stardom... "You-boob" Em-k... Lol...

Traction... all about traction. Nothing about my video was about if my car was fast or not, but about how well it hooks with an open rear end. Did you even notice how well it hooked on a non-prepped surface?
Lol there's not enough power there to even get one tire turning LOL...

Lol there's not enough power there to even get one tire turning LOL...
LOL... I'm very happy with the performance of my 1375.00 (carb to pan) motor including a nice set of now extra 360 heads ready to bolt on. Shoot, if I sell them for 300 bucks, I'll only have 1175 into my motor! Gears coming soon!

LOL... I'm very happy with the performance of my 1375.00 (carb to pan) motor including a nice set of now extra 360 heads ready to bolt on. Shoot, if I sell them for 300 bucks, I'll only have 1175 into my motor! Gears coming soon!
I hope there's at least a 3 at the beginning of the gears LOL

I hope there's at least a 3 at the beginning of the gears LOL
3.55's might put me at mid 12's ? My my, another dirt cheap 12 second street car drive train.... adjusted for inflation, this one might even be cheaper.... not much changes in 25 years does it ... :D

3.55's might put me at mid 12's ? My my, another dirt cheap 12 second street car drive train.... adjusted for inflation, this one might even be cheaper.... not much changes in 25 years does it ... :D
I always think it's funny how you're always two steps ahead of yourself LOL..
You haven't even broke into the twelves and now you're talking about mid 12 LOL..

I always think it's funny how you're always two steps ahead of yourself LOL..
You haven't even broke into the twelves and now you're talking about mid 12 LOL..
LOL... I was in the 12's twenty years before you even staged a car on the track... I'd think you'd be past your "seeing is believing" with this car. All it's done is posted ET slips beyond what we've guessed it to do. Oh well, you don't believe the mirror every morning that your nose is on your face, you have to blow it to believe it :D

LOL... I was in the 12's twenty years before you even staged a car on the track... I'd think you'd be past your "seeing is believing" with this car. All it's done is posted ET slips beyond what we've guessed it to do. Oh well, you don't believe the mirror every morning that your nose is on your face, you have to blow it to believe it :D
You know I wasn't talking about your legendary mystical duster of yesteryear...lol..
And there's no questioning you've over optimized you're Duster according to the Wallace calculator, and I hope you continue to butt you'll find there's a wall somewhere that just takes more parts and more money... You know like adding $800 heads to a $500 motor LOL....

You know I wasn't talking about your legendary mystical duster of yesteryear...lol..
And there's no questioning you've over optimized you're Duster according to the Wallace calculator, and I hope you continue to butt you'll find there's a wall somewhere that just takes more parts and more money... You know like adding $800 heads to a $500 motor LOL....
heads are on the car... in my opinion I have less than 1375 into the motor carb to pan because I have a really nice set of 360 heads that are bolt and go - to me that's 300 bucks. I have enough motor to go deep in the 12's, it would just need gears and converter. Add a cam swap to it and I'd be "knock knock knock'n on 11's door " :D

-
Back