Are you looking for this 340 motor?

-

ricks70dart

Reaction score
Thought I would post before I sell this standard bore 340 locally in case someone is looking for this motor. Not sure what it came out of if someone knows let me know thanks!

IMG_2919.jpg

Post a pic of the vin number from the id pad on the passenger side just above the oil pan...

Yes, VIN number on passenger side above the oil pan rail, and date code...

It's a 340 so it's a P not an F. The P just wasn't stamped hard enough.

The letter in that part of the VIN designates the assembly plant, not the engine size...

The model year of the car was 1969 and the F would be the Newark Assembly plant...

1693333532180.png

1693333651661.png

There were no 340 cars built in Newark, should be a "B" I believe and built in Hamtramck or "E" built in Los Angeles. Red engine was an early built Dart or Barracuda because 9-17-68 was the TSB for Turquoise paint for the rest of the model year, so rare engine to see for sure!

There were no 340 cars built in Newark, should be a "B" I believe and built in Hamtramck or "E" built in Los Angeles. Red engine was an early built Dart or Barracuda because 9-17-68 was the TSB for Turquoise paint for the rest of the model year, so rare engine to see for sure!
Thanks for the info.If that can't be the letter F It almost has to be an E by the looks of it.I have had this motor for years going to try and sell local for a $1000 STD block crank and pistons.I also have Xheads intake,exhaust manifolds timing cover oil pan carb for sell also.Thanks again for your info..

Thanks for the info.If that can't be the letter F It almost has to be an E by the looks of it.I have had this motor for years going to try and sell local for a $1000 STD block crank and pistons.I also have Xheads intake,exhaust manifolds timing cover oil pan carb for sell also.Thanks again for your info..
Selling one locally would be easier than crating it up and shipping it across the country. You could always put an add up here. I bet you would get a lot of requests for single parts though. People don't pay attention to "sold complete, local pick up only".
Now you are back to the shipping thing again.

Selling one locally would be easier than crating it up and shipping it across the country. You could always put an add up here. I bet you would get a lot of requests for single parts. Now you are back to the shipping again.
Really don't want to ship.Will try craigslist first.

I sold a standard bore '73 340 a couple of years ago for $1,500. Unless it's rusty or otherwise has issues you're giving it away at $1,000.

I sold a standard bore '73 340 a couple of years ago for $1,500. Unless it's rusty or otherwise has issues you're giving it away at $1,000.
I will be firm at a 1000 for a while on craigslist.I'am moving to a smaller place need to make room otherwise I'd hang on to it.

-
Back