Arizona Swinger

-
Great job Ben!! Glad to see your finally over the hump and back on the road. Take a break for bit and enjoy all your hard work...after you get some pics of it on a bright sunny day!

Great job Ben!! Glad to see your finally over the hump and back on the road. Take a break for bit and enjoy all your hard work...after you get some pics of it on a bright sunny day!

Will do! Wanted to spend some time driving today after the front end alignment, but some rainy winter weather is stopping me. That and no. 5 and 7 spark plug wires in need of replacing and some plug wire protectors installed! Ben.

one last little bit of video with the Dart out in the sun and running! Ben.

[ame]http://youtu.be/uT_r9wNThX4[/ame]

Do you think the car needs a dark green tail stripe to match the roof, or leave it alone?????Ben.

I like it without the tail stripe. I think it would detract from the painted roof.

or like mine, ledger green tail stripe then your car would be the oppisite of mine with the 2 tone. either way the car looks great Ben

Is it stripe delete? problem is if you ad a strip you are pretty much stuck with it unless you want to get out the paint gun again. A stripe wouldn't hurt anything and would breakup that green. Green or black interior? I would stay away from anything other than black.

you going to SpringFling?

Is it stripe delete? problem is if you ad a strip you are pretty much stuck with it unless you want to get out the paint gun again. A stripe wouldn't hurt anything and would breakup that green. Green or black interior? I would stay away from anything other than black.

you going to SpringFling?

The car was a stripe delete, since it originally had the vinyl side moldings. The interior is multi shades of green. Have decided for now to leave things the way they are without a stripe. Pictures just don't do justice to how nicely all of those shades of green, especially the main body and the darker roof look in person! I know there's nothing like a bold color of yellow or purple with a black or white interior, but those greens give the car a more subtle 70's look, even with the big hood scoops and twin chrome tail pipe extensions, and the rumble from those pipes! Ben.

Not sure about the Spring fling? Where and when?

she looks sweet out in the sun. no doubt... Sounds mean! Me, I love the tail stripes, I'd try to get one the same shade as the roof... but thats just me.. either way, shes a knock out

she looks sweet out in the sun. no doubt... Sounds mean! Me, I love the tail stripes, I'd try to get one the same shade as the roof... but thats just me.. either way, shes a knock out

the decision to add a stripe would be so much easier if this car were a 69 model! The stripes really look good on the 69 Swinger 340 cars....I always liked them on the several of those cars that I have had over the years. My 68 GTS looked better to me with the horizontal stripes that came on that year versus the tail stripe, but the stripe on the 70 model slanting back like it does on the sides looks like more of an after thought to distinguish the Swinger 340 cars. If I didn't have the two tone paint, I might add a stripe, but I think it might look a little cluttered even if the stripe matched the roof F8 color. Same thing with adding a spoiler or hood pins. On some colors all of those things really set the look of the car off......but the more sedate earth tones probably look better left plain.

By the way thanks for the compliments on the car! Ben.

the decision to add a stripe would be so much easier if this car were a 69 model! The stripes really look good on the 69 Swinger 340 cars....I always liked them on the several of those cars that I have had over the years. My 68 GTS looked better to me with the horizontal stripes that came on that year versus the tail stripe, but the stripe on the 70 model slanting back like it does on the sides looks like more of an after thought to distinguish the Swinger 340 cars. If I didn't have the two tone paint, I might add a stripe, but I think it might look a little cluttered even if the stripe matched the roof F8 color. Same thing with adding a spoiler or hood pins. On some colors all of those things really set the look of the car off......but the more sedate earth tones probably look better left plain.

By the way thanks for the compliments on the car! Ben.

I see your point, I still like the stripe even on the 70 and up.. even slanting I think its cool.. but I will agree that the stripes probably do look better on the 69 and earlier.. LOL (I may be biased though lol) ... funny that you mention the spoiler (go wing).. to me they only look good on the 70 and up style Dart and Duster (in an A body.. they look the best on an E-body Cuda IMHO) regardless of what you decide to do, the car looks bad *** just the way it is...

Oh and as for it looking cluttered, that would probably be a personal preference thing.. the theme I went with on my Dart, I am sure some find it cluttered... black hood, black top, and black stripe.. but do me it breaks up the blue just enough, and to me makes the car look mean.. I wonder if certian colors make things appear too cluttered or just right...

Oh and as for it looking cluttered, that would probably be a personal preference thing.. the theme I went with on my Dart, I am sure some find it cluttered... black hood, black top, and black stripe.. but do me it breaks up the blue just enough, and to me makes the car look mean.. I wonder if certian colors make things appear too cluttered or just right...

yeah, definitely would be labeled a 'personal preference', but still the 69 stripe really has a number of things going for it that set it apart from the 68 and 70 stripes. The break in the middle, as well as being vertical and having the 'Dart' and 'Swinger' graphics.....probably one of the nicer stripe treatments on a Mopar in my opinion! Ben.

went to my first car show, Saturday, with the Dart......it's longest trip from the comfort of the only home it has known for the last 3 years! Sure enough there are some things I am going to have to look at and take care of. Like some kind of back lash noise from the rear end, a clutch that I don't like the feel of, and some definite adjustments to those Holley carbs. Idle seems to be all over the place. Also the power steering gear needs some adjustment. Once all of these are taken care of, this car should be a real pleasure to drive on the 200 mile plus trip to Bisbee, Az., in May.

Enclosed are some pictures taken at the show........mostly B bodies, several A bodies, and a whole lot of new Challengers! Taken at the local Dodge dealer and sponsored by the Tucson Mopar Club. Had a good time, although the drive to and from might have been a little more enjoyable than sitting around and looking at cars!! Ben.

Attachments

• 04-07-13 018.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 04-07-13 028.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 265
  • 04-07-13 027.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 262
  • 04-07-13 026.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 262
  • 04-07-13 025.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 04-07-13 024.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 04-07-13 023.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 260
  • 04-07-13 015.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 254
  • 04-07-13 017.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 258
some more pictures from the Tucson Mopar Club car show held at Tucson Dodge. The old 52 Desoto had a v-10 engine in it! Looks like they had to recess the firewall a bit to fit! Ben.

Attachments

• 04-07-13 039.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 272
  • 04-07-13 037.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 287
  • 04-07-13 038.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 236
  • 04-07-13 036.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 04-07-13 034.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 265
  • 04-07-13 033.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 04-07-13 031.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 263
  • 04-07-13 030.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 04-07-13 035.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 04-07-13 032.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 248
......and a few more! Ben.

Attachments

• 04-07-13 040.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 255
  • 04-07-13 042.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 04-07-13 029.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 242
  • 04-07-13 019.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 254
  • 04-07-13 016.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 269
When I bought my '60 Dart last month there was a flyer in it for the Tucson Mopar shows. I was very surprised to see that Tucson has a much more active Mopar car show community than Phoenix. With any luck I'll be ready to bring the Dart down there for the next show.

Great pics by the way!

When I bought my '60 Dart last month there was a flyer in it for the Tucson Mopar shows. I was very surprised to see that Tucson has a much more active Mopar car show community than Phoenix. With any luck I'll be ready to bring the Dart down there for the next show.

Great pics by the way!

Thanks Rick! Would be great to see one of your cars here in Tucson. We really do have a lot of good shows here, and being in southern Arizona, a lot of really interesting place to go to for shows. Even more fun are the trips to the different places, offering a variety of scenery and history. We'll be having a run down to Bisbee in May, as well as a run to Tombstone in June. While the shows are fun, offering a lot of different cars and talents to look at, I seem to enjoy getting off of the interstates and hitting the back roads with the wide open scenery in a car with some horsepower and a shifter! Looking forward to meeting you! Ben.

thought I would put a tail stripe on the Dart to see if I liked the look. Figured the matte black would probably go with all of the other colors a little better, rather than try to match the roof green. Now that it is on, I like it........ but don't know whether I liked it better, plain?? Ben.

Attachments

• 04-18-13 001.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 04-18-13 002.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 04-18-13 003.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 04-18-13 004.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 04-18-13 005.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 04-18-13 006.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 186
I likes it I really do!!! I think it really sets the car off nicely. Where did you get the stripe from?
Ken

Thanks Ken! Purchased the stripe from ChallengerGary. Very quick delivery, and installation was pretty straight forward. The biggest challenge for me was choosing a color! Black? White? or green? Ben.

-
Back