Arizona Swinger

-
Ben, I love your car seeing how mine is the opposite colors. but im not feelin the flat black stripe on it. don't get mad its just my opinion it just don't flow with all the green going on. I would have went with ledger green

Ben, I love your car seeing how mine is the opposite colors. but im not feelin the flat black stripe on it. don't get mad its just my opinion it just don't flow with all the green going on. I would have went with ledger green

what's there to get mad about Terry?!? lol. The colors look so much better in person! Any way the only green we could come up with was only going to be 'close', and I already have enough shades of green on this car, especially in the interior! At the very least, I appreciate your honesty! Ben.

thanks Ben you still have a very sweet swinger the black out hood treatment might look good on there aswell mine has it

thanks Ben you still have a very sweet swinger the black out hood treatment might look good on there aswell mine has it

that black out hood treatment has crossed my mind! Really do like the look of the hood treatment on the 71 Demon! (I swore I wasn't going to 'clutter' this car up!). Ben.

getting ready to head out to the local 'burger stand' car show this afternoon......got the clutch replaced and the shifter adjusted properly.....man what a difference! Also got the power steering gear adjusted properly.....steering feels so much better!

The more I stand back and look at the visual aspects of this car.....the two green colors and the black stripe, the more I like it! There always seems to be second guessing on my part as to whether I should have gone with the greens, but out in the sun all of the colors seems to flow together, accented nicely by the black stripe.

Now if I can do something about that itch I've got to locate a 68 Barracuda fastback and drop an old style 426 Hemi into it! Ben.

Job well done!! beautiful 340 swinger...and a sixpack? top self love it Congratulation!!!

I gotta say it again-beautiful Dart and good luck, should you pursue, a Hemi Barracuda!

Jeff

well the little Dart flew through emissions, even with a high idle, got plated and has insurance at a very reasonable 180.00 bucks a year for full coverage. Only downside is the limit of 2000 miles a year, but we'll have to see about that! Ben.

Attachments

• 04-29-13 001.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 370
  • 04-29-13 002.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 396
looking for a little bit of help in estimating the value of this car. I'm not looking to sell, just need an honest appraisal from those who understand these cars, and have a feeling for the current market. I realize that opinions will vary, according to personal color and drive train preferences,and like belly buttons everyone will have one. I also know that if this were a similarly equipped B-body it would be worth 10k more! I have close to 40k in this car, which I'm sure a lot of you know that feeling as well! I figure the car is probably worth some where in the 20-25k range. Too high......too low? Any input would be appreciated. Ben.

I think you're about dead on...with as much quality work as you've put into it, that's probably a fair estimate of what someone would pay, and similar to ones I've seen that were auctioned off with similar builds. It was a 340 car that's been completely gone through, so on the upper end, *IF* you were willing to part with it, and found the right buyer, perhaps a little more.

Too bad it can't be worth the sum of it's parts and labor, but hey-you made it the way it is to enjoy, not to sell :)

EDIT: The last one I saw on eBay that underwent a similar restoration wasn't a 340 car...it was a 360 add and was in a similar hue...I think the guy sold it (eventually) for $26k...

looking for a little bit of help in estimating the value of this car. I'm not looking to sell, just need an honest appraisal from those who understand these cars, and have a feeling for the current market. I realize that opinions will vary, according to personal color and drive train preferences,and like belly buttons everyone will have one. I also know that if this were a similarly equipped B-body it would be worth 10k more! I have close to 40k in this car, which I'm sure a lot of you know that feeling as well! I figure the car is probably worth some where in the 20-25k range. Too high......too low? Any input would be appreciated. Ben.

good call on the butt stripe. make's that car stand out. Green is a good color. Here's my green car and the clone to my 68 GTS big block car. Will be done by next spring.

Attachments

• 71 RR #2 (1).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 341
  • 68GTS.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 368
thanks for the compliments on the Dart. Tried to talk the wife into a B body like yours, but she is standing firm on wanting a 70 model Roadrunner, even though she had a later body style.......a 72 or 73 Charger, after the RR was traded in! Ben.

well the little Dart flew through emissions, even with a high idle, got plated and has insurance at a very reasonable 180.00 bucks a year for full coverage. Only downside is the limit of 2000 miles a year, but we'll have to see about that! Ben.

That is one sweet looking Dart... Love the color

managed to get all of the broadcast sheets put into some plastic covers. Was fortunate to find three of these sheets. Each one of them has its' own problems, but when you take all three together you get a clear picture of all of the options this car came with. While I tried to keep the car 'close' to how it came from the factory, the warranty block, 4 speed transmission changeover and the six pack carburetors keep it from being anything close to a 'numbers' car! BUT I have it the way I want it! Ben.

Attachments

• 10-25-12 002.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 307
  • 05-07-13 001.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 322
  • 05-07-13 003.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 313
Ben,
I see your car is listed on eBay. Good luck to you, you did a great job. I will be using your work to help me through my project. L8r

Ben,
I see your car is listed on eBay. Good luck to you, you did a great job. I will be using your work to help me through my project. L8r[/QUOTE

Thanks Jim! For whatever reason, I have always been one of those kind of people who have the best intentions when it comes to keeping a car. I'm always going to fix one up to keep forever, but it seems my enjoyment really comes from the chase.......finding the car, finding the parts and putting it together. Once done, it seems that car shows and short runs here and there and looking at a car finished sitting in the shop with a cover on it, gets old in short order! I certainly don't consider myself a 'flipper',as I always spend a whole lot more money on a car than I could ever hope to get out of it! The truth be known, my heart has always been in finding my 69 Swinger 340 4 speed car.....now that's one I believe I could keep! Ben.

Attachments

• 12-21-12 001.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 273
I guess that you could say that I am fortunate in that I still own my first car. It is a 65 Olds 4-4-2. Had it almost 42 years now, so I can relate to your quest. Good luck. L8r

-
Back