As promised - pictures of my '66 Dodge Dart enjoyin' the sun

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
I think this deserves a new thread on its own (Im just too excited sorry!)

P1020297.jpg

P1020277.jpg

P1020279.jpg

P1020272.jpg

P1020293.jpg

P1020291.jpg

P1020292.jpg

P1020290.jpg

P1020284.jpg

P1020287.jpg

Comments please! :)

PS: I'll sleep well tonite

:cheers:Looking great! I can imagine how excited you are, I get giddy just thinking about being able to do paint and body on mine.

Looks ggreat. Someone spent alot of time aligning those panels up so nicely.

Sweet! And you can sleep now? I'd be too excited about what it's soon to be:cheers:
C

Ok get at putting it back together already!! Looks great! If that was mine I'd be able to sleep, but i'd be havin wet dreams

Nice job, that body is super straight, and the lines are perfect.

I agree :happy10: This vert and all the great work you have dun it deserves a new thread :cheers:
Thank you for sharing 1966DartConvertible, I would be excited to man =P~

Looks real nice. What does a job like that cost in Malaysia? How long did it take? Were there any panels replaced?

Cost isnt that bad, as labor is cheap here :) The reason I chose this particular body shop is becoz they would go the extra length of fabricating floor pan and stuff to factory spec with the ripples and all. Most shop here just cut a rectangular holes and weld in a same-size flat piece...

Bodywork and paint plus two 2' x 2' floorpan patch comes to about US$3,000... doesnt sound much but then the average monthly salary here is about US$1,200...

That US$3k does not include any panels (none needed replacement) except the 2 aforementioned floorpan patch.

Time: I asked the bodyshop to take it slow as im in no rush. Started disassembling the interior and motor in August, so about 4 months till this stage.

Cheers

Syed

very nince gonna be a great looking car,,, i noticed 2 holes on each side of the cowl?? must be a trim piece ??? we dont have trim in that area here in the states,,

Beautiful! Thanks for restoring that car so well, it rare to see a 66 vert anywhere, let alone in Malaysia! Great job!

Beautiful! Thanks for restoring that car so well, it rare to see a 66 vert anywhere, let alone in Malaysia! Great job!

Thanks man. I know u have a soft spot for '66 dart :)

Hope the rain would stop so I can start workin on her! Oh well... at least its not 20-degree below zero here...

very nince gonna be a great looking car,,, i noticed 2 holes on each side of the cowl?? must be a trim piece ??? we dont have trim in that area here in the states,,

Thats for the chrome trim on each side of the windshield on the A-pillar, I think. Is that what u are talking about? Like this:-

47330_471454611884_711206884_7126811_2848958_n.jpg

I think the question concerns the trim around the windshield. We can see the stainless going up the windshield posts and across the top, but don't see the detail for across the bottom of the windshield. Looks like from the pictures you have a row of holes all across the base of your windshield. My 67 Dart convert has all that stainless, but it has a plastic chrome lock strip that goes into the windshield gasket at the bottom only. There is no stainless across the bottom of a 67 windshield. Do you have a detail picture at the bottom of your windshield?

VERY NICE CAR! Congrats!

-
Back