Ashamed of This Community

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the worst thing you could have done was complain about your responses. Ask me how I know! You will just create a feeding frenzy. Look up LS twin turbo swap. He did an amazing job on that car in a storage unit. Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap
He got a bunch of crap too but brushed it off. His build speaks for itself. It can be done very well and this guy did it. Nobody is talking **** about it now. While your at it throw in an Ford 8.8 save you a lot of cash on the rear end. Seriously, A lot of us have.
Nah! And he's in our group with 1500 likes. No way, looks like it's time for a lynching! :elmer::mob::rofl:

There were plenty of helpful replies which I appreciate. I asked for help and people provided great resources and advice. This post was in no way complaining or insulting these people. When I asked for help a good amount of people resorted to insulting me. That’s what this post is about.
Come on fellas, cut the guy some slack, he`s from the trophy generation.
Your supposed to give him a trophy for wanting to LS a Mopar.
ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1431263263.109918.jpg

I just did Rocky Mountain Race Week last week. There was a guy with a pea green Duster with a LS swap running in either the 9's or low 10's. Pretty cool ride. Build it your way, and "run what ya brung"!

I asked a guy once... WHY!??????? He said, it cheaper!!!!! chevy guys!!!:poke::popcorn:

IF you are a Mopar guy, just know there are some things in life that bring grief! Just fact.
But in the world of hotrodding,a good build deserves to be noted, even if not that on lookers cup of tea.
99% of what goes on here on FABO is not "hotrodding" in the pure sense.
The guy that does the modern hemi his his 70 Roadrunner might disagree. Lots of skill but not my definition of hotrodding.

Yea I.m an old fart. Proud of where I've been, (most) (some) of what I've done, and I apologize to no one for being an old cranky fart, or from coming the Deep South!

Carry on minions.

Try joining a Chevy forum and ask about doing a 3G Hemi swap in a Chevelle and see how many positive replies that you get. Seriously...It is just as silly.

I wonder what the responses would be if one was to join a Chevy Forum and post this same swap question or post “I have a Nova that and I want to swap in a 3rd Gen Hemi”. I’d bet that you’d see the same type of response’s.

Funny thing is, Holley is now offering swap parts to put a G3 Hemi in a C10. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you REALLY didn't want another slant six because it's not fast and loud enough for you so you opted for what would be the fastest and loudest option...

Gotta agree there. Seems like a real leap to jump from "can't find a slant" to "let's swap in an LS". Hard to imagine an LS is cheaper and easier to swap in than even a V8 Mopar, unless that's the desired goal anyway.

I wouldn't have commented on the original thread, just like I haven't commented on the other LS swapped projects. To each his own. Not a direction I would go, but I don't really care what others do in that regard.

Reminds me of my nephew's early Chevelle. The original motor was gone, so my he and my brother swap a 360/904 Mopar combo into it. I guess it was pretty easy to do, too. It was fun to watch the GM guys get green in the face and nauseous when they realized it. Used to go to car shows just to watch them.

Im not gonna read through 7 pages of arguments regarding LS swaps, but for crying out loud, at least the car isn't in a scrap yard!
You get a guy on here with a plan that he thinks is cool, and you beat him senseless with "WHY?"
Please support our hobby, you know..."car guys" without beating people up over decisions you don't like.
You blame him for being thin skinned, but he didn't start the thread to pick a fight.
In the mid 80s I was a manager of an auto parts store close to Indianapolis Raceway Park, and we considered the Mopar guys the biggest dicks by far to shop there. Gee. I wonder why.

Im not gonna read through 7 pages of arguments regarding LS swaps, but for crying out loud, at least the car isn't in a scrap yard!
You get a guy on here with a plan that he thinks is cool, and you beat him senseless with "WHY?"
Please support our hobby, you know..."car guys" without beating people up over decisions you don't like.
You blame him for being thin skinned, but he didn't start the thread to pick a fight.
In the mid 80s I was a manager of an auto parts store close to Indianapolis Raceway Park, and we considered the Mopar guys the biggest dicks by far to shop there. Gee. I wonder why.

Try going on a Chevy website and tell them you are going to put a 5.0 ford engine in their 1969 Z.

Well less than 5% of the members on here probably would cheer him on during his LS debacle so with that said he chose the wrong site to ask that question......It was already mentioned but if somebody that owned a Shivvy went on one of their websites and asked how to put a small block Mopar in his car they would be all over him like stink on **** too......somethings you just don't do and most realize this once they reach puberty. As far as Mopar guys being dicks well you might as well call me Mr Big **** from now on then because I will always call out traitorous acts to my little slice of happiness.

We've got bigger problems than brand shaming...

As for your LS in a 65, take a look at the header design, it's crap in an early A . Figure that out and you'll have a 400HP 65 A with motors to spare. Oh, this *** clown got fired from the Army. I bet his parents are so proud of him.

I'm thinking about dropping a Kaase 830 in a notchback.:D
Go cleanup on some Mopar powered Mopars. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back