Ashamed of This Community

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like gals that are female. LOL

They are the best kind!
The problem is, you can never be too sure anymore...
OIP.MLCgO7XnKgeKOeUo0Nm29AHaJe?w=137&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.1&pid=1.jpg

Wow.
Just wow.
Ashamed of the community?
I'm ashamed of some of the younger generations, too. But that's our own fault.
The real world is not "point and click" or "plug and play"... Things don't always go in our direction just because we want them to. Life does not award us with "Participation Trophies".
This is a community of cold, hard steel- life does not just bolt together without creativity and hard work. Expect injuries and scars along the way.
A project car is like life- you get out of it what you put into it. No two are the same, and the final product is the direct result of the effort you're willing to put into it. There is no "kit" or "magic formula" for either one that does not require additional work.
Life is hard, and there's good advice out there from those of us who've battled through it.
To paraphrase an old quote; "Those who choose to ignore history (which also applies to experience and advice) are doomed to repeat it".
Very well put. I've seen quite a few project cars that never ended up finished in my day. There are talkers, posers, then there are doers. The doers usually end up putting the other guys cars together for them...or getting them running and tuned up correctly anyway.

Very well put. I've seen quite a few project cars that never ended up finished in my day. There are talkers, posers, then there are doers. The doers usually end up putting the other guys cars together for them...or getting them running and tuned up correctly anyway.
That's my worry with a newbie taking on a project like this. That it will end up sitting and eventually sold for pennies or scrapped. That in and of itself is the best argument for keeping it all Mopar. Not knocking the kid's abilities at all. It would just be so much easier as a first project.

It would be nice if he would come back and let us know his ability's and so on, even though he is ashamed of us there are still some who would help him to see his project through.

Mom would just say son " do it YOUR way, even though it is a case of total fuckedupiness"! Mom had a sense of humor!!?
I never give MY opinion on LS swaps in Mopars!!!
Heck, I even question RoadKill's 426 Hemi swap in to that 55 Chevy!!!!!:poke::realcrazy::rofl:

The BlaspHEMI?

I agree, and the thing is, I may have been around too long but, these days there are these "Classic car lots" selling turn key classics that you can drive away, but there is always something not right, it could be the horn don't work, the defrosters don't work, or a missing emblem or wavy bodywork, or a 72 front clip on a 70 etc. ...it all stands out to me clearly, and these cars aren't going for cheap...

It would be nice if he would come back and let us know his ability's and so on, even though he is ashamed of us there are still some who would help him to see his project through.
I think, by him saying "he's ashamed" he was implying we as FABO community should be ashamed, its all passive aggressive with these young ins ,they are non confrontational.

Just found the link, I think we should start hating Fast and Furious movies now.

Didn’t i go to the effort of spending a few minutes doing a search on craigslist and posting the links as an example? I distinctly recall commenting on a /6 dart which was in great shape.
Whether that was your thread or somebody else, my point remains the same.

There are also your local car clubs, local classified ads, ask around at your local parts stores. Use the mechanical parts for sale here, ******* insulting people whom you are asking for help is just plain stupid.

If you are unwilling to do some research *before* you ask, then you are already behind the 8 ball because you will come across as willfully ignorant and/or lazy.
Nothing shows disrespect as much as an apprentice telling multiple master craftsmen in multiple fields that they are not helping him after they gift him with hundreds of years worth of cumulative experience, and to do it in such a childish and deliberately insulting manner.
I am 50 years old and i am very aware that i have plenty to learn.

Always remember that there is always somebody faster, stronger, or smarter than you.
Always remember to ask yourself, “What if i am wrong.”
And never ever trust someone who is kissing your ***.

You are coming across as an ingrate, and nobody wants to help an ingrate.

Is there anything to like about hollywood destroying cars?

Even Vanishing Point…

:(

Last edited:
The BlaspHEMI?

Yep the BlaspHEMI!!!! I rather see it all chevy with a blown 427 or those yawhoo's put a 426 HEMI in a 55 Dodge!!!!

All this reminds me of my 30 year old stepson, super smart, worked himself thru college with 2 degrees (that actually make him a good living), pays off his student loan, etc etc........BUT he admits he can't take criticism very well, always has to be RIGHT about everything. Wait... I had a wife lke that once!!!!!!

He's simply not been here long enough to know what a fantastic community this is. He's not seen any of the wonderful benefit auctions for members in need. The fact that this whole forum came together and got our beloved @memike a great little car. And on and on and on. We're a big family and we agree, disagree, love, fuss and fight just like a real family. If he hangs out long enough, he'll see that.

Hey man! You do your car however you will best enjoy it. Negative and rude people have bigger problems in their lives. I wouldn't let it bother you.
Saw this on roadkill garage the other day. Not the way I would do it but they had a great time building and driving it.
Death Metal Charger build:
Roadkill’s Death Metal Charger Goes Tokyo Drift!
I'd bet people weren't rude, just told 'em like it is and he didn't like it. The truth hurts real bad these days it seems. But lets think this rationally, its some young kid with probably no fabrication skill, no knowledge of things that will screw him up like final driveline angles etc. how to set that LS in that body with the trans tailshaft in the right position etc.etc. how to fabricate the mount so the drive train sits correctly...things like this will show up in the end and it would be a real head scratcher for the OP...its easy to tell him "build it like you want..." but he'd throw alot of $ at it and the end results may not be desirable. Someone starting out would be better off dropping a magnum drivetrain in it...even rebuilding the magnum. Also, the Magnum has been swapped into an early A so there's someone here who has that setup, can post pic etc. Just my $.02...:)

I'd bet people weren't rude, just told 'em like it is and he didn't like it. The truth hurts real bad these days it seems. But lets think this rationally, its some young kid with probably no fabrication skill, no knowledge of things that will screw him up like final driveline angles etc. how to set that LS in that body with the trans tailshaft in the right position etc.etc. how to fabricate the mount so the drive train sits correctly...things like this wills how up in the end and t would be a real head scratcher for the OP...
Starting from scratch, just like has been said several times. He'll find out if he decides to undertake it. Whichever way he decides to go, I hope he surprises us all and does something really cool.

@JGizmo, that was a VERY well written post. It got your point across in a direct but polite way. As someone who likes to choose words carefully, I say well done. Don't be ashamed of the community. Most of us agree that if it your car, build it the way you want. However, most of us are also going to be pretty hard core on keeping a Mopar engine in it. I remember the thread. There were a few potty mouth, rude comments, but most were just trying to convince you to keep the car all Mopar. I weighed in saying that by the time you had to deal with all the fabrication/mounting problems, wiring differences, etc., etc., etc., It would likely be cheaper to find and install a Mopar engine. They are out there. And speaking of rude, potty mouth comments, there was a guy on here a while back who was bad mouthing everybody (in a rude, nasty and foul manner) who was doing anything to their car that he disagreed with. Things like putting a 340 in a 63 Valiant, putting a modern Hemi or modern fuel injected engine in any A body, putting 17" (or larger) wheels on their car, etc., etc., etc. I just blocked him. Don't be discouraged by a few negative comments. Most of us ARE happy to have young guns AND women join the forum. There may be a few people on this forum who can get a bit grumpy (hey, most of us are old), but we don't mean anything by it. If someone says, "An LS in a Mopar? Why would you want to do that? Please keep it all Mopar", I bet they are just expressing their thoughts, but they 100% support your right to do what you want with your car. In fact, although I am not a big fan of putting non-Mopar engines in Mopars, if that was what you wanted to do, and you lived fairly close to me, I would come over and help you do it! And we would get along fine. I bet there are people on this forum who live near you who would offer to help.

Way back, when hot rodding began, they were putting Cadillac engines in '32 fords. When I was young I had '40 Ford deluxe coupe with a balanced and blueprinted 389 Pontiac engine with a Packard 3 speed bolted up to a homemade adapter plate with a 9" Ford rear end. Oh yeah, and I made a flip front end for it and plexiglass windows.
Never should have done any of that to a classic like that. But so what, I did it my way. The OP says he works in a shop and has access to all the tools he needs plus some experienced help. Dare to be different. Like I always tell my kids when they want to do things out of the box. Go for it, my mama didn't raise any sheep and I didn't either!

Hey man! You do your car however you will best enjoy it. Negative and rude people have bigger problems in their lives. I wouldn't let it bother you.
Saw this on roadkill garage the other day. Not the way I would do it but they had a great time building and driving it.
Death Metal Charger build:
Roadkill’s Death Metal Charger Goes Tokyo Drift!
That car is bullshit. It sounds horrible and didn't perform as well as the General Mayhem 3.0 with a basic 440.

Hey all

I made a post to this forum about a month ago in search of help/advice. Normally when I speak to other car enthusiasts, they’re pretty happy to find that a younger person like myself is into these older cars, and they’re glad I’m doing my best to keep them on the road. I did not see this type of response on this forum, and it made me feel ashamed to even be part of the Mopar community.

Since I’m currently engineless and can’t get hold of a working slant six, I was tossing around the idea of LS swapping my Valiant, and wanted to know if anyone had any leads on a potential swap kit. I had no expectations of there being such a kit, but thought I’d ask anyway. Apart from a few helpful replies from members such as @RustyRatRod and others, I was mainly met with loads of angry replies and just plain bullying. To quote one member’s reply: “You know the sound of the cork coming out of the wine bottle, do you suppose a guy here’s that after he pulls his head out of his butt after realizing he should ask such dumbass questions on a Mopar forum?” Other replies consisted of belittling my abilities and questioning my intelligence.

Being part of a community is about supporting others in the community. Sure some people may have differing opinions, but in the end we all want the same thing: to see Mopars on the road rather than rotting away in a field or being crushed in a junkyard. I’d rather have that no matter what engine is powering it. I find it incredibly sad and pathetic that upon seeking advice from other enthusiasts, I was met with hatred and an inability to accept others’ ideas. The replies I received discouraged me from even wanting to get my car back on the road. I have never seen this much unsupportive behavior towards another member from any part of the car community, or any other non-automotive community for that matter. I am expecting this post to receive a few similar replies as my previous one. To those of you who comment things like this: you know who you are, be better.

The reality is, you want to do a stupid thing to a really nice car. You have a nice "early" A Body. You can install any 170, 198, 225, 273, 318, 340, 360, 5.2, or 5.9 Magnum with a 904 auto trans with no engineering or fabrication. They will all bolt right in with your existing K-Frame. The exhaust is available from reproduction to wild. You did not ask our community to help get your car going. Can't find an engine is a joke. You want to jump on the band wagon with all the poor Chevy guys with a car and a worthless or blown motor. Just looking for something that will last. I used to rebuild or swap Chevy motors for them all the time. I felt sorry for them. Why would you want to ruin that car to do a LS swap and re-engineer everything only to end up with a worthless cobbled piece of garbage?

Geez, Imagine the butthurt if someone said to the OPs face "Chevy sucks..." but eh, thats the world I grew up in, back in the 80s,only people who were nuts built Mopars...it was a rough time to grow up. But I will say Mopar was alot cheaper to run back then....noone wanted them.
Exactly why our family drove Mopars back then. Hell, you could buy one for 50 bucks less than 10 years old and stockpile used parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back