Ashamed of This Community

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
As said. Grow some thicker skin. I've seen some nasty threads and awesome threads. Most here are awesome. I remember one member got ripped off buying a part from the classified section. Members here all chipped in and got him his money back! Some guys here give away parts and labor just to help out members that get in a jam, myself included . You can't base this site on one precarious post . Just my 2 cents.

As said. Grow some thicker skin. I've seen some nasty threads and awesome threads. Most here are awesome. I remember one member got ripped off buying a part from the classified section. Members here all chipped in and got him his money back! Some guys here give away parts and labor just to help out members that get in a jam, myself included . You can't base this site on one precarious post . Just my 2 cents.
I certainly see both sides, but remember, he's a young gun and a new member. He doesn't know who's who and who means what how. We can give him a little slack and then beat him up. LOL

I have a couple A-bodys. Both have powertrains.
Instead of working on them, i chose to work on my old pickup and got a ton of support here.
LS swapping is common, and despised by some, but it is your car. Do what you want.
As far as rendering it worthless,so what? Like painting a firewall black,it can be undone later if you want.

Oh I don't know. I can see his point. He's a kid looking for advice. He asked a question. A pretty brave one considering WHERE he asked it. LOL Just look at post #21 callin his idea stupid. People have been crossbreeding cars and engines since this all began. Everybody has feelings, regardless of how hard some act.

like i said i was one that supported the idea and gave a good answer. if this clown gets that upset over some idiots bashing his swap idea on the freaking internet then he is one overly sensitive kid that needs more (non automotive) help then he will ever find here.

Last edited:
You got to have thick skin my friend especially these days where some people tend to type more than they would say to your face. I am a full blooded Mopar guy, but when it comes to your car whatever you do is fine. Hot Rod on!

Why engineer everything from scratch. MOPAR to MOPAR is a simple bolt in from a slant six to a small block.
I basically agree but will quibble on these these two.
For a newbie, even an mopar to mopar engine swap has lots of little details that need to be addressed. Even with the MP Engine and Chassis books, I learned this the hard way - preinternet of course.
If someone really wants to engineer from scratch, go for it. But I agree that one must be aware that there is a lot involved in making it a running, reliable vehicle. It would be a mistake to think it will be easy or that it will be perfect and ready to run in the first go 'round. Do it for the journey and be prepared for it to be very time consuming.
OP you also need to know that a swap to a modern engine with fuel injection is going to need a redesigned and rewired electrical system.
Good luck.

Mom would just say son " do it YOUR way, even though it is a case of total fuckedupiness"! Mom had a sense of humor!!?
I never give MY opinion on LS swaps in Mopars!!!
Heck, I even question RoadKill's 426 Hemi swap in to that 55 Chevy!!!!!:poke::realcrazy::rofl:

like i said i was one that supported the idea and gave a good answer. if this clown gets that upset over some idiots bashing his swap idea on the freaking internet then he is one overly sensitive kid that needs more (non automotive) help then he will ever find here.
Well........either he'll grow some thick skin or get upset and give up. It's all his choice. I sure wouldn't let the negative opinions of a few dictate what I did. ........and I don't.

He never really asked MY opinion, but here's what "I" would do if I were he and just starting out. I would find a decent 5.2 Magnum and A904 and learn all about both. Rebuild them both and put those in the car. All Mopar, bolt in swap and nice and simple. Build them both basically bone stock. Maybe the Summit 6900 cam, a four barrel and some Summit style hangy down low headers. lol. He'd have a lot of fun with it, and probably actually FINISH it.

Hey all

I made a post to this forum about a month ago in search of help/advice. Normally when I speak to other car enthusiasts, they’re pretty happy to find that a younger person like myself is into these older cars, and they’re glad I’m doing my best to keep them on the road. I did not see this type of response on this forum, and it made me feel ashamed to even be part of the Mopar community.

Since I’m currently engineless and can’t get hold of a working slant six, I was tossing around the idea of LS swapping my Valiant, and wanted to know if anyone had any leads on a potential swap kit. I had no expectations of there being such a kit, but thought I’d ask anyway. Apart from a few helpful replies from members such as @RustyRatRod and others, I was mainly met with loads of angry replies and just plain bullying. To quote one member’s reply: “You know the sound of the cork coming out of the wine bottle, do you suppose a guy here’s that after he pulls his head out of his butt after realizing he should ask such dumbass questions on a Mopar forum?” Other replies consisted of belittling my abilities and questioning my intelligence.

Being part of a community is about supporting others in the community. Sure some people may have differing opinions, but in the end we all want the same thing: to see Mopars on the road rather than rotting away in a field or being crushed in a junkyard. I’d rather have that no matter what engine is powering it. I find it incredibly sad and pathetic that upon seeking advice from other enthusiasts, I was met with hatred and an inability to accept others’ ideas. The replies I received discouraged me from even wanting to get my car back on the road. I have never seen this much unsupportive behavior towards another member from any part of the car community, or any other non-automotive community for that matter. I am expecting this post to receive a few similar replies as my previous one. To those of you who comment things like this: you know who you are, be better.

JGizmo, before you pull the trigger, there's plenty of threads here about LS swaps. Just type LS in the search box and read away. Personally I'm not a fan of the concept but it's your car and the LS is just an engine. Getting it to fit in a early A body because of the narrow body might be a test of your patience and pocketbook. Good luck to you.

Hey all

I made a post to this forum about a month ago in search of help/advice. Normally when I speak to other car enthusiasts, they’re pretty happy to find that a younger person like myself is into these older cars, and they’re glad I’m doing my best to keep them on the road. I did not see this type of response on this forum, and it made me feel ashamed to even be part of the Mopar community.

Since I’m currently engineless and can’t get hold of a working slant six, I was tossing around the idea of LS swapping my Valiant, and wanted to know if anyone had any leads on a potential swap kit. I had no expectations of there being such a kit, but thought I’d ask anyway. Apart from a few helpful replies from members such as @RustyRatRod and others, I was mainly met with loads of angry replies and just plain bullying. To quote one member’s reply: “You know the sound of the cork coming out of the wine bottle, do you suppose a guy here’s that after he pulls his head out of his butt after realizing he should ask such dumbass questions on a Mopar forum?” Other replies consisted of belittling my abilities and questioning my intelligence.

Being part of a community is about supporting others in the community. Sure some people may have differing opinions, but in the end we all want the same thing: to see Mopars on the road rather than rotting away in a field or being crushed in a junkyard. I’d rather have that no matter what engine is powering it. I find it incredibly sad and pathetic that upon seeking advice from other enthusiasts, I was met with hatred and an inability to accept others’ ideas. The replies I received discouraged me from even wanting to get my car back on the road. I have never seen this much unsupportive behavior towards another member from any part of the car community, or any other non-automotive community for that matter. I am expecting this post to receive a few similar replies as my previous one. To those of you who comment things like this: you know who you are, be better.
I personally would rather not see your Valiant on the road if your going to do something so disgusting as your LS swap.......I will give you no credit on here and or if I ever saw it in person....I would walk right by it in disgust at a car show and go appreciate a real Mopar guys car. Maybe you should join the website " I love LS swaps and Pride month "

Last edited:
I personally would not rather see your Valiant on the road if your going to do something so disgusting as your LS swap.......I will give you no credit on here and or if I ever saw it in person....I would walk right by it in disgust at a car show and go appreciate a real Mopar guys car. Maybe you should join the website " I love LS swaps and Pride month "
LMAO

JGizmo, If I remember in one of your posts you Slant thru a rod.
Hard to believe that no one has a Slant out there for you to replace the damaged one.
If you want to come to Vegas I will give you a 225 short block that I have.
Don't need it, don't care if you want to do the LS. I believe you just wanted to get the car back on the road.

I personally would rather not see your Valiant on the road if your going to do something so disgusting as your LS swap.......I will give you no credit on here and or if I ever saw it in person....I would walk right by it in disgust at a car show and go appreciate a real Mopar guys car. Maybe you should join the website " I love LS swaps and Pride month "
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but Damn man. I would walk right by your car so I wouldn't possibly meet you, but you would probably yell at me for not stopping and drooling in awe over it.

I’m in the “do what you want to your car” camp. There are millions of hot rodded cars in the world, so who’s to say what should be done to someone else’s vehicle. Heck, go to Cuba and marvel at what they have to do to keep their classics running. And that’s not part of their hobby, that’s a matter of necessity. We’re lucky to be able to work on cars as a hobby, so when someone does something to their car, I hope it’s because they wanted it that way.

now, with that said, an early A body is a difficult platform to work on with even factory stuff, I can only imagine the problems of putting an LS between those frame rails. That may be what kills the OP’s love of the hobby right there, as I’m sure big block swapping into one killed off a few enthusiasts dreams over the years.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but Damn man. I would walk right by your car so I wouldn't possibly meet you, but you would probably yell at me for not stopping and drooling in awe over it.
My list is long of people I don't care to associate with because of their views, beliefs and or decisions.

It takes just as much energy to be negative as it does to be positive. Im not a fan of a non mopar swap but its not my car. Do what you want to do. Everyone will always have an opinion. This is why i dont do car shows. Its a big dik contest. Id rather do cruises and charity rides cause people just want to have a good time. If you want to swap to an ls do it. We live in a time where everyone gets offended and everything is PC. Do what you want and be done

We are talking about a guy putting an engine in his car, not a three strikes criminal.
For one there is no reason to go the LS route as it will 100% be the toughest way to go as ZERO will go in without fabrication and modification and to make matters worse it's an early A which has minimal to no aftermarket support and in my opinion it's just wrong and since I am entitled to my opinion I will stand beside it and not support it just the same as you think I am wrong for not being supportive of what he wants to do.

I wonder what the responses would be if one was to join a Chevy Forum and post this same swap question or post “I have a Nova that and I want to swap in a 3rd Gen Hemi”. I’d bet that you’d see the same type of response’s. There’s an old saying “If you can’t take the heat stay out of the kitchen”.

If you were closer to the east coast I'd give you a 318 to keep it Mopar powered! But, like others have said, if you're footin the bill it don't matter what anybody says about it. I can't speak about the difficulty of fabricating parts to make the swap happen, but I know it can be done. As much as I don't like LS swaps, it's hard to argue against the ease of making good power cheap and the small package it comes in.

We are talking about a guy putting an engine in his car, not a three strikes criminal.
Doesn't help his cause either when he comes out and say's he is ashamed of a certain "community" just because everybody doesn't fall all over themselves to help in his debacle.......I don't agree with or even like everyone on here and have chosen to block most of the "lefties" but I am not ashamed to be part of this place and I find it helpful to be on here as a source of parts and sometimes info and tech help. I also don't agree with every member on here on every topic and sometimes jabs are exchanged and ultimately we go our own way and it is what it is and usually agree on something else down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back