At the Junkyard today

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I took today off so I could hit this junkyard about 40 miles from home. Really slim pickings on the A Bodies - total of 6!!

Attachments

• 2014-04-22 11.28.40.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 839
  • 2014-04-22 11.29.17.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 961
I'd be glad to find 6,a bodies are long gone in junk yards around here.I keep praying I'll find one with good glass in some old lady's garage but even the old ladies that drove them are long gone.

Same thing around T Town signs all over to haul away old cars they go straight to the big car shredder. No respect! As an old comedian used to say!:wack:

Same here. There's only 3 a bodies around here. 2 in a local yard and 1 in Nashville.

..i thought that that nonsense only happened north of the border....

I didn't get any pictures but there were 2 70 Barracudas, 2 or 3 70 or 71 Challengers, a couple of 68/69 Chargers and a 67 Charger in another area. None had much of anything left and should have been shredded a long time ago. The 67 Charger did have the roof rail trim and the trim at the rear side windows left - definitely going back for that stuff since they'll be great spares for the 67 I recently bought.

If you hit the pic-a-parts here in Vegas every week, old mopes show up quite often but don't last long.

If you hit the pic-a-parts here in Vegas every week, old mopes show up quite often but don't last long.

/jealous

I would be lucky to see a single fmj body per year at my local yards....the only A-body in a yard near me has been totally stripped,and the back 1/2 has been cut off.

And I mean TOTALLY stripped to bare sheetmetal

Same deal here in North Florida. Unless someone knows of a secret stash, you would be lucky to get anything older than a Reliant. That is a good day.

Wow...that is slim pickin's! At last count, the junkyard I go to about 40 minutes away had 35 A-bodies? Of course, they're literally the only yard in the area with any at all...

DSC_0087.jpg

/jealous

I would be lucky to see a single fmj body per year at my local yards...

Speaking of FMJ cars, found this one in another junkyard and it's a complete car (as of last Sunday).

Attachments

• 2014-04-20 10.31.12.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 362
  • 2014-04-20 10.33.13.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 2014-04-20 10.32.38.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 356
  • 2014-04-20 10.33.31.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 382
Same deal here in North Florida. Unless someone knows of a secret stash, you would be lucky to get anything older than a Reliant. That is a good day.

There is a guy west of Stark Fl on SR 100 that has a pile of Mopars. He is not cheap but has tons of cars and parts.

Go figure.
I have over 25 cars and nobody wants them......
(Well the scrap yard does)

At one time the yards were loaded with FMJ cars,Taxi's are big in Vegas. Oh they all had the cop car slotted wheels and hub caps......
Ain't that the truth,, Nobody ever wants the stuff you have till you scrap it !!

Thanks for the pictures Don. I wish I could find a yard with 6 a-bodies in Sweden! But we're picking up a 65 Valiant 2 dr post for my friend Johan tomorrow. Will be a nice trip and hopefully we will see some more of those old Mopas!

What about Jerry in Starke? He has quite a few Mopars. Prices aren't cheap but he has quite a bit of inventory.

There is also a junkyard on Highway 207 between St Augustine and Palatka near or before the town of Spuds. There is a 68 Charger on their post outside. It is on the north side of 207 going west. There were a number of older Chargers and Barracudas, a few Scamps, Dusters and Darts. Various C bodies. Nice guys working there let me wander around and check it all out.

There is another place just as you come in to the town of Waycross GA, its on the right hand side as you enter town coming from 23/US1 Florida.
They have stuff going back to 40's and 50's,60's. Some good stuff inside some of the covered buildings too.

I have 8 a bodies in my back yard behind my shop. Some mostly complete, some not so much. My wife thinks I have an illness! I can post a picture if you want.

-
Back