At track. 1/8 mile Any ET guesses?

-
*800 cfm eddy carb.(probably to big for you but mopar SB’s love
CFM’s contrary to what some folks say
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This quote here has been my experience over all the years. In fact, my 318 dropped 2 tenths when I went from 670 Holley to the 770 Holley. I have never lost by going to a bigger cfm carb on a SBM, but I have lost by going to a smaller one. I've brought both with to the track and exchanged on the same day.

But, the contrary will start..... LOL

That is very respectable for first time out. Hope you enjoyed. Many folks make the mistake of throwing money at their car or unnecessarily changing setup to gain a few tenths. Been their & learned.
My 65 cuda had a much stouter engine, better gears, etc. than your current setup.
First time out i ran a 10.56 @ 72 mph spinning all the way down track. Knewi had potential as mph was decent considering.
Before i toasted trans 2 yrs. later had got down to a best of 8.12 @ 86mph with no changes except
*good solid tune to include pertronix kit & FBO limiter plate in
distributor. SB’s love initial.
*learned to drive, walked car off line then punched.
*800 cfm eddy carb.(probably to big for you but mopar SB’s love
CFM’s contrary to what some folks say
*Ditched the factory kickdown linkage & accelerator cables with
Lokar. Factory stuff is sloppy on a good day.
*Dropped rear tire air pressure to 15 lbs for track
*Ran with 1/4 tank of fuel or less & dropped weight on cuda
as much as possible. ( removed spare tire, jack, any bs in
glovebox, used synthetic fluids)

Most of it was me getting better as driver but for under $600 gained
over 2 sec. & loved the challenge.

Good luck, enjoy & like others have posted we are here to help.
This is the some of the valuable information on this thread!! Thanks!!

I dont think your gonna get any real significant gain from straight headers like 318wr said your looking for 1.5 secs not .3

Should i have unbolted my headers from my exhaust?

I did have fun. It was nice to finally get the car on the road.

Glad you have it on the road, and I'm sure it was a blast at the track.

Unbolt the headers? No. I believe post 44, go through those steps to look at some very simple things that could make a huge difference. Report back with your findings.

This isn't to criticize, but this is a measuring stick. The ET slip is the last bone stock 318 2bbl I ran at the track, even stock exhaust manifolds. It was an automatic with 2.94's.

It is very close to what you ran, except I ran a tenth faster. Your 360 4bbl with mild cam and headers, backed by 3.23's should wipe a stone-stock 318 2bbl off the map. This is why if you go back to post 44 and go through each step, reporting back to us, we can help you figure out the issue(s) and really get a grin on your face :)

DSCN1772.JPG

318wr. It will be next Monday before I even have a chance to look at it. But I'll definitely start with post 44. I'll purchase a timing light. And take it from there. Couple guys said get gears and this and that but I'm thinking I need to get the most out of what I have already .

Ok. I haven't had any time but did take a glance at the carb. It's definitely not opening up all the way. Ill give more info when I have more time. After 12 hour shifts I don't have any energy left.

Ok. I haven't had any time but did take a glance at the carb. It's definitely not opening up all the way. Ill give more info when I have more time. After 12 hour shifts I don't have any energy left.
Always a nice find...…… easiest horsepower you'll ever find :)

-
Back