Aussie VC 67 Dodge ute

-
You got skills! Console is a piece of art work. Like seeing something out of the norm and personalized. Nwdart

Top marks Marty and your work shows your craft, **** wish you were closer to me ! Move to Melbourne!!!

Another step closer to rust free....floor was worse than first thought, it had been patched many times before and the sill needed a patch as well

View attachment 8.jpg

purchased a rust free floor from a sedan so the rear half was removed.....rear wall of cab is to be moved back, from the tray down by 150mm and the section above the tray 60mm....the seats are from a BA ute so tilt forward to access the sub woofer behind the passengers seat and storage behind the drivers seat

View attachment 9.jpg

decided to fit subframe connectors while the floor was out

View attachment 10.jpg

Hey Marty......looky what I made....for a slant.... :) .... 1 electronic dizzy.

Attachments

• IMGP2601.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 584
I've been following your progress on your page...very nice. Mine runs the stock points type dizzy with an electronic booster....starts real easy, can't wait to drive it for the first time....318 going in once my S series is finished

With the big spark I'll be running, the slant dizzy isn't gunna cut it....it'll be jumping to 2 terminals at once.
I'll run IC&E ignition in it, same as my Falcon has.
The other S series I have will be getting a 318+ in it though.

been chipping away at the rust repairs....basic design ment they almost all rusted out the corners of the rear window....once you start you keep on cutting until it's all gone!!

both left and right B pillars had the same problem....once the outter was removed the inner also needed repair

patch panels for the inner cab corner....as the window support rusts so does the side wall, to make it worse it's a double skin!!

almost the entier corner needed to be replaced...

frame work for the new rear wall...it's been moved back 8 inches (200mm) to allow the seat to move back for comfort and to have storage behind it as well as a large audio system...

waiting on the 3x2 inch (75x50mm) box section for the window support to be rolled as it has a curve to fit the window shape, hope to get that in soon....then fit the new rear wall skin...

a little more progress this weekend...

the section under the rear window has shape both top to bottom and left to right....had a 3x2" tube rolled to a 3/4" curve, then added the sections at the end 1 1/4" to zoro over 11"...waiting to get the sections made to mount the window...

cut to length and test fitted...

cut out the section where the old wall mounted and tacked in a filler panel...ran out of gas!!

as this is truely a yard built ute, I was getting tired of rainy days or so sunny you can hardly work....a cheap and nasty temp car port should help!!

this is the hold up on the S series Rick...was ment to be a 6 month tidy up to use as my daily....bit worse than first appeared, and when I found out how few Dodge utes were made compeared to the Valiant version I decided to do I right!

more progress on the rust...

rear window support panel getting the lip for the rubber fitted...two pieces of plate have been bent as per original to make the mount....

finished mount ready to fit

support fitted and new rear wall test fitted

the storage compartment under the tray now has it's walls and the new tray sides have been cut and test fitted

next move is to repair the floor behind the wheel arches and replace the spare wheel well's floor....

should be worth the work when done...318 & auto, rack and pinion steering to go in once the S series is finished!! some say it should stay a slantie as there were less than 1000 built, it can always be changed back is someone is keen...

-
Back