Auto shifter ideas what's the best

-

Frodee

Off center a bit
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
running a 904 auto and I have a B&M ratchet shiftier now that I don't like and really want a pistol grip. What are you guys running that is better.

running a 904 auto and I have a B&M ratchet shiftier now that I don't like and really want a pistol grip. What are you guys running that is better.
Which B&M? I have a cheetah I'll trade ya lol

I have know idea just a keep slamming it forward to get the next gear.
Well as a former B&M ratchet owner...It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was. If I had it to do over I would have bought a Pro ratchet, and kept it. I had a quicksilver and since I race so much, wanted a mechanical reverse lockout. A cheetah is what I have now....not something I will buy a 2nd time.

Well as a former B&M ratchet owner...It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was. If I had it to do over I would have bought a Pro ratchet, and kept it. I had a quicksilver and since I race so much, wanted a mechanical reverse lockout. A cheetah is what I have now....not something I will buy a 2nd time.
You'll have to excuse me Johnny I grew up with all my cars being a standard 4 speed only. Auto's I have had was just been in the last 10 years so all really new to me on witch way to go.

right opposite , I had a pro ratchet in my aprox.600 horse vega, never again. The cheeta is really strange to get used to , but about as good or better than anything I ran.

don't do it , you`ll b sorry !
I would give mine away I hate it. Just want something that is better.
I can't lift the lever up to put it in gear the way it is designed as a T handle my hands are shot so a pistol grip I can do just fine.

right opposite , I had a pro ratchet in my aprox.600 horse vega, never again. The cheeta is really strange to get used to , but about as good or better than anything I ran.
I will say it loud, if anyone wants to trade a
81120 Stealth Pro Ratchet for a
Turbo Action Cheetah SCS Shifters 70001B
I'm your guy!!!

Funny it's such a "each their own" type feel

I can't lift the lever up to put it in gear the way it is designed as a T handle my hands are shot so a pistol grip I can do just fine.
Post a pic of it in a for sale thread. Clearly there are people that prefer that type!

I will say it loud, if anyone wants to trade a
81120 Stealth Pro Ratchet for a
Turbo Action Cheetah SCS Shifters 70001B
I'm your guy!!!

Funny it's such a "each their own" type feel
I agree And if you want to trade or I'll just give you mine doesn't matter I can send you pictures.
The cable on mine to show what gear your in is not working but never needed it.

My pro ratchet had the front mounted reverse lock out that had to b operated w/ both hands , was the biggest pain in the *** after coming out of a burnout , pushing the lockout w/ left hand and ratcheting back to nuetral for a clean out . Then at a race the cable seized up after the third round , couldn`t do anything/ it and went home !
THE CHEETA HAS THE BEST CABLE THAT I`VE EVER BEEN AROUND ----------
SHIFTS PRESISE AND SURE , JUST NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING FAST , BUT BANGEM . Disregard caps !

My pro ratchet had the front mounted reverse lock out that had to b operated w/ both hands , was the biggest pain in the *** after coming out of a burnout , pushing the lockout w/ left hand and ratcheting back to nuetral for a clean out . Then at a race the cable seized up after the third round , couldn`t do anything/ it and went home !
THE CHEETA HAS THE BEST CABLE THAT I`VE EVER BEEN AROUND ----------
SHIFTS PRESISE AND SURE , JUST NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING FAST , BUT BANGEM . Disregard caps !
Mine has only one hand use for reverse or park my problem is the T handle and lever to lift to get it there is hard on my hand and hurts.

I have this one I really like it it's a Hurst v matic 2

Hurst V-Matic 2 Dual Mode Shifter
You can use it just like a regular shifter or engage it to be a ratchet shifter as well. Also the t handle comes off and you can thread a pistol shift knob on it if you like.

I have this one I really like it it's a Hurst v matic 2

Hurst V-Matic 2 Dual Mode Shifter
You can use it just like a regular shifter or engage it to be a ratchet shifter as well. Also the t handle comes off and you can thread a pistol shift knob on it if you like.
That would be better it's the normal driving in town that I don't like mine.

And it has a reverse lock you have to pull up on the finger loops to unlock reverse
That's what I don't need is the pulling up to get in reverse or park all the time.
I'm an old fart and hands don't work like they use to. lol

Kwik-Shift I Manual Shifter - Precision Performance Products

406b.jpg

The factory Slapstick is the best. No workey for reverse valve bodies though. LOL

I've got the B&M Pro, and mine you press the reverse lockout down. You get a solid click, and it stays unlocked until you shift into reverse, or back out of neutral. Very easy and comfortable one handed

I want to that everyone for your comments your all giving me.
Other than the B&M ratchet shiftier I have every thing else I've used has been stock.

-
Back