autocrossed the duster this weekend!

-

wracks71

Reaction score
i took the duster autocrossing this weekend! got the *** to hang out on one of the fun runs at the end of the day. felt good! car done good except for the sucky street tires! all the suspension mods so far have been dead on! the car hardly leans in the corners at all now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Z2Hsrvj58

Looks fun sounds good too !
I can't tell was the guy walking by talking on his phone or plugging his ear ?

Looks fun sounds good too !
I can't tell was the guy walking by talking on his phone or plugging his ear ?

LMAO! everybody said i had the loudest car there! it was loads of fun! car ran great other than i hate edelbrock carbs! i am going back to my holley!
car handled awsome except for tires. i am in the works of figuring out what wheels i want to use. i am going to try some 16" jeep rubicon wheels i think. i have a buddy that has one,so i can try one of his wheels. or,maybe some black steel nascar style wheels.

Looks like someone was having alot of fun!
Are you going to do some drifting in the future?

not sure on just drifting. but it sure is fun! i think the fastest run was when i hung the *** out on that one! if i didn't,the frontend washed out so bad you had no steering. the car wanted to do it,but the tires didn't!

Car looked good. Your right on the tires not sticky enough. As for the suspension mods being right on, what have you done?

That looks like so much fun!!!!@#$$%@&!(* OMG I gotta go to the local Auto Cross and sign up ASAP. My car is almost back together with a fresh Bottom end and Head Flow Work... As well as new Poly Energy Bushings all around & Tranny mount. New rubber motor mounts as well.

Looks like you had fun! I've go to get my car finished so I can get back out there...

and ditto on the suspension/car setup! More info! :-D

I can't watch it from work but when I get home I will definately check it out.

Thats great man! Looks like it handles pretty good too. Guess you gunna hafta fess up on your drivetrain and setup too now huh? ;) Sounds fantastic!

ok here is the scoop. 380 hp 360 crate motor,727:angry7:,8 3/4 3:55 rear. ss rear springs with custom 2" drop blocks i made,i do tool and die work,QA1 shocks. 2" fat man drop spidles,big torsion bars,QA1 shocks,firm feel 1 1/4" sway bar. weld in subframes from U.S. cartool.
i have a 3/4" firm fell bar for the rear,but i don't even have it on yet! winter plans call for tubular upper arms and boxing in the LCA'S.
guys.if you are planning on swaybars,just buy dick's stuff right away. i got a set of helwigs,which are supposed to be "the best",they bolt on half *** and look the same. Frim Feels stuff is A1 in my opinion! thanks for all the comments! i am lookin for some 16 or 17x8 steel or cheap aluminum rims to put race tires on. anybody have anything?!

ok here is the scoop. 380 hp 360 crate motor,727:angry7:,8 3/4 3:55 rear. ss rear springs with custom 2" drop blocks i made,i do tool and die work,QA1 shocks. 2" fat man drop spidles,big torsion bars,QA1 shocks,firm feel 1 1/4" sway bar. weld in subframes from U.S. cartool.
i have a 3/4" firm fell bar for the rear,but i don't even have it on yet! winter plans call for tubular upper arms and boxing in the LCA'S.
guys.if you are planning on swaybars,just buy dick's stuff right away. i got a set of helwigs,which are supposed to be "the best",they bolt on half *** and look the same. Frim Feels stuff is A1 in my opinion! thanks for all the comments! i am lookin for some 16 or 17x8 steel or cheap aluminum rims to put race tires on. anybody have anything?!

Great vid!! Nice drift too, held it well. Why no on the Eddy carb? You might need the off road needle/seats. When did you get the Hellwigs? The old design was junk. The new ones are awesome. Not knocking Firm Feel though. My Hellwigs went on just fine. Either way, once you get a rear bar on, you'll love it!!!

Hooooo that sure looks like allot of fun and doing a good job to keep it from pushing wracks71. Thank you for sharing your info.

Great vid!! Nice drift too, held it well. Why no on the Eddy carb? You might need the off road needle/seats. When did you get the Hellwigs? The old design was junk. The new ones are awesome. Not knocking Firm Feel though. My Hellwigs went on just fine. Either way, once you get a rear bar on, you'll love it!!!

thanks! car had a holley on it when i bought it,thought it was the carb,ended up getting the edy and hated it ever since. a buddy and i spent 2 or 3 hours messing with it and just can't get it right. dead spots bad,it just doesn't deliver enough fuel for the motor. it is a 650 like my holley. i had a 600 edy on my old mustang in high school and it done good,but this one blows! it's going to a friend of mine for his torino.
i bought the hellwigs about a year ago. didn't like the way they bolted up at all. looked hokey to me. i took them back to summit and thank god found firm feel. thats all they do is mopar stuff. dick is the man with the mopar suspension stuff i think.

What size front T-bars are you running?

The SS rear spring are sort stiff. Adding a rear sway bar might make the car real oversteering (loose/rear hanging out). This is were the helwig adjustable rear sway bars would help dial in the car.

If you were going to bother with race autocross compound tires I would pony up to something 255 or 275 wide in front and rear. You want both the same and same rims so you can rotate the tires. Will need a wheel spacer for that.

IMHO, I would fit 275/40/17 tires on 17x9 rims. Thats a fairly common size or tire and rim. Might need to trim the front bottom fender lip.

That's sooo Bad ***..how often do you get out there? I hope you can some post some pics of the car and suspension, and keep us updated on how its driving.. love to see these cars out tearing it up!!

-
Back