Avblend or Z-Max for sticking valves??

-

nm9stheham

Reaction score
So I read a lot of good stuff here about using Marvel Mystery Oil or SeaFoam to get the gunk out of sticky valve giudes. Has anyone used Avblend as a preventative for this problem? Avblend is specifically for aircooled aircraft engines (like Continentals and Lycomings, not Subarus), and is used specifically for this issue of sticky valve in the guides. It has a component called linkite that is also used in Z-Max additive.

SO I am just wondering of this is being used by stock / 6 drivers that don't get a lot of miles, or are older. It is added in with an oil change and run for at least 15 minutes in a small aircraft engine to get the additives to not evaporate off.

the problem with z max and most the others is they have the polyester (zddp substitute) for cat cars, sounds all good but it melts due to oil temp and then turns to sticky plastic...

I just use ATF, about a half qt before an oil change and let it run for 5 minutes, then dump hot

I just add a quart of automatic transmission fluid to the oil.I learned this years ago from a old timer and it works great!

Anyone here remember Rislose? I have not noticed it around for years so assume it is gone.

Rislone is the actual name. And O'Reillys still stocks it.

Rislone is the actual name. And O'Reillys still stocks it.
OK, O'Reilly's just got a store here, so I'll check it out. My neighbor's dad used to rev his old truck up once per year and slowly pour a can of Rislone down the carb to clean up the valves. Us kids thought all the smoke was great!

-
Back