Average age of Mopar Maniacs.

How old / young are you?

• Total voters
-
NM9
In the summer of '62 I had applied for an apprenticeship as a Tool and Die Maker at the shop I would spend the next 36 years at.
The same week I had to take some Mechanical Aptitude tests my Uncle had come up from Mississippi to visit and stayed with us at my folks house.
The day I had to take the test was a 90 degree plus day, (hot for Michigan).
As I walked out the door my uncle threw me the keys to his brand new '62 Chrysler wagon with AIR CONDITIONING. Needless to say I was the coolest (in more ways than one) dude out of all the 160 that day that took the tests. No one had Air in Michigan back then.

Bought my new 1970 Duster 340 (Plum Crazy) 45 years ago when I was 19 and in the Navy. Sent $100/month home to make the payments. Had the Rally Pack w/150 MPH speedo, high back buckets, and the console shifted TF trans w3.23 open diff. Got married in 1972 and sold it in 1973 with 50K miles on it. Dam car would do 95 in second and 138 in third! Finally back in an A-Body after 43 years! Three years older than the Duster and 43 more cubic inches. Hey, wait a minute, 43! That's a prime number!

View attachment IMG_0614.jpg

View attachment IMG_0620.jpg

View attachment IMG_0621.jpg

My first car was a 72 4dr Dart with a /6. First thing I did was bolt on a super six manifold and a straight pipe......Oh and flip the air cleaner cover upside down.....I was 16....

I am 61,I got my 70 340 swinger in 74 after I got out of the marines. It takes years to do a car the way you want it. Most of us old guys manage to hang on to them,with young kids house what ever. When we take them out today people wonder where we got our money. It's not the money it's a life time!

I am 61,I got my 70 340 swinger in 74 after I got out of the marines. It takes years to do a car the way you want it. Most of us old guys manage to hang on to them,with young kids house what ever. When we take them out today people wonder where we got our money. It's not the money it's a life time!

Well put. I've had most of my crap for 20+ years. Juzt recently in a position to do stuff with em.

Well put. I've had most of my crap for 20+ years. Juzt recently in a position to do stuff with em.

Very well said!!! :cheers:

My 1st car was a 48 Plymouth, in between I've had everything that runs on gas. In my youth (40-50) my first hotrod was a 48 Plymouth 4 door ( imagine that!) my present hotrod is a 70 Dart (under construction) with a Gen 3 Hemi/545 RFE combo (I turn 73 in 30 days).

I'm 35, loved mopars ever since I was into cars, get it from my dad who's on the fbbo, he's had multiple mopars some new when they came out, he's 70 and still works on cars and loves to tinker on his 68 charger. I have two classic mopars a 72 satellite and a 67 dart, have always bought Chrysler cars besides a 2000 Honda cbr600 bike. Love these cars and teaching my 5 year old son right, already he knows Mopar or no car from since he could talk pretty much.

I was born in 57, in 1969 was finally old enough for Washington Post paper route. Only had route a month or 2 when I came around a bend in the road and saw this green glow under the street light!!!!! Been a mopar lover since. Anyhow 11 years after first saw that green glow under the street light, was able to purchase car from my former paper route customer. That was the last week of oct. 1980. Still have that same car and after a pretty serious heart attack in 2013 decided to pull it out of storage and start in restoring it, best therapy ever, glad I have done it. Still needs a few things to be a little better but am enjoying driving it at the moment. Just a little side note bought an early 84 Harley FXR in 1987, still have and ride it daily-----when was the last time you saw a 31 y/o motorcycle blow past you on the freeway.

Presently, 53.49% of the members who responded to the poll are between the ages of 41 to 60 years old.

I'm in the 61 to 70 bracket ( born in 1949), which presently accounts for nearly 9% of the e participants.
I'm 4 years 3 months from "Elite" status.

Born in '51 and saw my first brand new car- a 1960 Impala that my paper route customer Mr. Kelly bought.

Started saving right then and there and bought a '58 Chevy with my paper route money when I was 14. Blue flame 6, 235 screaming cubic inches of badass chevy!

Then a '59 Ford, then a '61 Impala, and finally a brand new Plum Crazy 1970 Duster 340!

Always had a love affair with internal combustion engines. I currently have 3 motorcycles, three sleds, and 3 motor vehicles.

My Avatar is my current favorite.

View attachment snow209 001.jpg

My first car, at sixteen years old, was a '68 Dodge Coronet 440. It had a 440 Magnum. I spent many hours under that hood. Loved that car. Sure wish I still had her!

I'm 44 and got my first US car in June, the 66 Dart GT I'm working on now. By chance it was a Mopar, could have been any brand, really. It fell in my lap.

I'm in the group 21-30. I was raised on Mopars (Thanks to my dad:glasses7:) and bought my first Mopar at the age of 18, a 1970 Dodge Dart Custom GT. Still drive and love the car - which in my eyes - so I hope - will never change.:D

I'm 39 been working on cars since i was 15. my first car was a chevy shovet. spent more time working on it than i did driving it.then cam a 4 cyl mustang tnd my 81 f-250. followed by a 74 bug. then my 93 4 cyl mustang which i traded for my 67 slant 6 valiant.

Only one day older than yesterday. Was not raised on Mopars but made damn sure my two sons were, and it worked.

1979 - - the car that got me into the A-bodies was a 74 Dart /6 AT - put Keystones and some out of the box pinstripes on it - drove it everywhere - car got destroyed by a drunk lady - head-on, brutal. Then a 71 Scamp with a 318 and AT, swapped in an 8 3/4 and put Cragar SST's and dual exhaust - jacked it up some with air shocks and thought I was "da bomb" - LOL.. blah blah blah, this car, that car - ..2015, 54yo - 71 Scamp - enjoyin' life with a great little Mopar in the garage. :twisted:

-
Back