Average age of Mopar Maniacs.

How old / young are you?

• Total voters
-
I've always been a GM owner. However, I traded my 1998 GMC for a running 1964 barracuda and never looked back..I am now a Mopar Maniac.

After vietnam a 69 swinger then a 69 road hen,70440-6 barrel charger rt/se,71 duster 340,68 dart 440,62 dart 413,wish I had them all back and to think I sold the charger for 800.00 in 1976. A fool and his money soon part company.

I've always been a GM owner. However, I traded my 1998 GMC for a running 1964 barracuda and never looked back..I am now a Mopar Maniac.

lets see some pics of the 64....my favorite year barracuda and was my first car,,

My first Mopar was a 1948 Dodge business coupe, 3 window & no back seat but a trunk you could sleep in. Many others in between & now a 2008 Sebring conv. & 2003 Dodge Ram 1500. Restoring a 1970 Satellite conv with a 1965 Barracuda in the wings.

My first Mopar was a 1948 Dodge business coupe, 3 window & no back seat but a trunk you could sleep in. Many others in between & now a 2008 Sebring conv. & 2003 Dodge Ram 1500. Restoring a 1970 Satellite conv with a 1965 Barracuda in the wings.

3 window busniess coupe 48 make great customs or street rods,,,my 40 is a busniess coupe

61 short years!
I stood on a milk box washing windows in 1960 at my dad's gas station. I got to see every race car ever made thru the 60's by pumping gas at .65 cents an hour, and gas was 29.9! My first real car was a 60 Desoto hardtop for $75.00 in 1968. Then the Military in 1970, out of the loop until 76'. All mopars ever since! I still have the charger I bought in 1984, 30 years ago this coming June.

I'm 55
My first Mopar was a 74 Cuda... Still have it, since 1978
My last Mopar is a 68 fastback... Always wanted it

He may not know it but, my grandson is going to be a Mopar maniac too

:burnout:

48 .First car 68 charger 318, 2nd car 68 charger r/t 440 auto, 70 charger r/t, 74 duster, 79 lil red express ,10 avenger r/t,99 ram 4x4, 72 duster 360, 68 valiant 400.

Attachments

• Scan2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 277
  • Scan.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 265
65 years young and Mopar since I was a little kid. First car 59 Ply Belvedere in 1964. Current car 1962 Plymouth Savoy Wagon, 318, auto. Time flies!!!!!!

<----35 yrs old, (feeling older) first Mopar, 78 Dodge Power Wagon, Mopar fanatic, ever since... have owned 2 Fords, will NEVER again, and currently, got the 67 Power Wagon, and a 04 Buick.....The car, is my wifes car, the truck she couldn't move even if it were in neutral! (4 speed). I had a couple Oldmobiles over the years and they, take a second seat to Mopar as they are pretty good for reliability, but power, forget it!

Have never owned no other trucks but Dodge so......Rode in a few Chebbies and that's about all I'll do and now that I got a Dodge again, the last will rem,ain the last I ride in a Chebby.

Even my Step-Son owns a Ram with the 5.7 Hemi in it.....

35 years old.I was brought home in a mopar after being born,a 1975 Chrysler Newport my bio father still has it.Got the mopar bug from my bio dad when I was 13.My first Mopar was a 1988 K car.I currently own a 2013 Chrysler 300C and it does have a hemi,a 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 with the hemi also,1975 Dodge custom van,a 1979 powerwagon and a 1977 Chrysler Cordoba.I also have a 1970 Plymouth Cuda with the 440 six pack.

I'm 46, my Dart was delivered one month and 5 days before me. My first Mopar was a 72 Plymouth Fury 4 door in 87, my older brother had a Demon (4 speed 318) when I was in junior high and he had a Duster when I was in high school.

I'm 29 and my first was my 66 Cuda I picked up last summer for my birthday. Best bday present EVER! And now I have a 71 Dart to go along with it.

Seriously though, I'm in the lower age bracket and I can't tell you how much I enjoy people older than myself stopping me and reliving their stories with me. It's an awesome experience every time. You MOPAR guys rock! :)

Yeah,so 60.5,here. My 1st Mope was my 2nd car.It was fall of 1970.I was 17. I scored a Panther Pink 70 Swinger 340.It came with a 4spd,3.55 S.G.and not much else. 11000 miles on it.Babied by previous owner,the tires(polyglass;remember those?)were almost new.Of all the cars I ever owned, that one was the hardest on tires.It came with a 5yr/50000mi warranty.Chrysler bought me a motor in 72/73. That 2nd mtr was a dog.Sold that slomobile in 74. 2mtrs,3 trannies, 2 difs, and about a dozen and a half tires. G60s was about the biggest that fit out back. Seems about all a street-tire did in those days was keep the chassis off the pavement.That car with the 2nd motor went 14.4@98 in the 1/4mile.The original mtr felt waaay faster.It was real tail-happy and earned me the nickname "Ditch Hitter". Hah. Had mopars ever since. I told my kids I was going to drive my Formula S clone til I die and they could bury us both in the same hole.I hope it lasts that long.A little humor there.lol. Oh yeah,the 1st car was a 57 Belair.

Hey, looks like us older dudes are bringing up the back side again!!

I've got so old I can't remember how many mopars I have owned, but my first one was a 1958 Dodge D100 pickup my older brother bought new and after he wore it out then I got it.

My first car was a 1957 Plymouth Plaza 4 door[gift from my mother], fall of '68 but I would have been much happier if she would have given me her old '62 Belvedere Wagon instead of trading it in when she bought a new '69 Polara Wagon.

The '57 was a gutless pile of junk!

Her old Belvedere was almost indestructible, trust me, I know, I beat the snot out of it for years [I started driving it without her knowledge when I was 12]and it just sucked up the punishment. I liked the wagon so much that I eventually bought one myself. Followed by a string of '62 to '66 Dodges and Plymouths, those poly 318s are one tough customer!

Now I'm 58, driving a '91 Dakota LE and collecting parts for my thirty year project, a 1968 Dart two door sedan[with a 1976 400cid HP motor /auto. trans, mild Crane Cam, 440 six pack heads, etc....]

I'm 43 as of today. Loved Mopar since the day my dad bought a brand new 1975 Plymouth Scamp from Raceway Chrysler in Rexdale (Toronto) Canada.

My dad surprised my mom when he showed up a home with the brand new Scamp in beige.
My mom hated the colour so much she made him take it back! Raceway took it back and traded it straight up for a red one! Try doing that today!!!

My first car was a 1975 Plymouth Valiant Broughm I bought when I was 15.

A guy on my street in Mississauga Ontario where I grew up (I remember his name was Alex) had a white 68 Dart 340 that was revered by all as the quickest car around and had a mythical aura about it. I was just a kid when he spent time talking to me and showing me what he had done to his car. At the time I didn't think it was a very good looking car but Alex showed me an appreciation for his Dart that must have stuck with me.
One morning I saw someone had vandalised his car by spraying black tar undercoating all over the white paint and on the red diamond red velour interior. His mother was crying as she was wiping the undercoating off her son&#8216;s car which left a black smear imbedded in the paint which would not come off.

That Dart must have really left an impression on me as bought my 69 Dart as my first hobby car 19 years ago which I still own today.

I'm 46, so I remember the musclecars as a kid growing up in Greenwood, IN. I remember seeing Hemi's, Super Sports, GT, Cobra Jets, ect. Back then some of these cars were just a few years old. My dad bought a '69 Chevelle new, and we street raced many times in that car. It was fast, and we only got beat a few times.
I remember one time we sat at a light on US31 when a strange-looking Dodge pulled up next to us. It sounded bad, so I looked at dad and said "take him." We revved, he revved, the light turned green, and we were off. Dad was banging the gears, and we had a good lead on him thru 3rd gear. All of a sudden the Dodge whizzed past us so fast I thought we had stopped. It had a funky wing on the back. When we got to the next light, dad said "A Hemi Superbird? If I had known that, I wouldn't have raced him!"
Oh, the memories!!

I'm 47. My first car at 15 was a $75.00 63 4dr Valiant that was "parked" for 6yrs, my 5th car was a $200.00 63 dart 4 dr that was parked for 20yrs. Both were /6 one 3 on the tree other push button auto added a battery tires that could hold air and fresh gas and drove both of them home. Current Mopar 65 Barracuda 273 auto.

I am turning 41 this year. I don't feel a day over 66. :)

When I was five, my mom had a green '66 Valiant. I remember lying in the back window on road trips. lol. After her valiant she bought a slant 6 '76 Duster. It was maroon with a white top.

When I was twelve my mom's boyfriend had a '71 green Dart Swinger that he ran into the ground. One day his shocks came through the rear shock towers thanks to rust and a big pothole.

When I was 17 I bought my very first car: A '71 Plum Crazy purple Duster. It had them classic aluminum slotted mags and a 318. I paid $800 for it from a guy that was going to school to become a minister. He told me "yeah, its not the ideal car to represent the church with". That was back in 1990. Soon after that I was swiped by a drunk driver and totalled my poor Duster. Now here I am 24 years later with my '70 B5 blue Dart Swinger. Its great to be back!

-
Back