axles

-

dusterboyy440

Reaction score
Hey guys..i get my car back from gettin the rollcage this week...but i need to start looking for axles..i have the small bolt pattern and was told upgrading to the large axles is a must!! i have a shortened 8 3/4 because the leafs were moved in...wat would be easier and cheaper..taking them and getting them shortened or buying some from moser?? any ideas or comments is appreciated!!!!

Check with Cass aka Dr Diff at moparts. He's really good and can cut aftermarket axles for a reasonable price, 30 or 35 spline.

I bought my axles from Cass. He can cut them to any length you need, his prices are competitive, and he'll be there if there's any problems. Nuff said.

If your rear is narrowed and you need axles anyway, I would go aftermarket anyway, it sounds like you are going to run some power through it and will have some traction, a bad mix with stock narrowed axles that won't be heat treated at the splines anymore...... crackedback is right, phone Dr. Diff or moser and see what they recomend for your application.:burnout:

Nothing against Dr.Diff,but there is a guy posting axels through Moser.I know he,s a middle man but he,s 10-15% cheaper.Any savings=more cash for other parts.

Nothing against Dr.Diff,but there is a guy posting axels through Moser.I know he,s a middle man but he,s 10-15% cheaper.Any savings=more cash for other parts.

Just because Cass doesn't post here shouldn't preclude anyone from buying from him. I've purchased from Cass and gotten more info out of him than I could ever pay the guy in profits.

The poster here is not any less expensive than Cass.

With Cass, the guy doing the actual work, cutting/splining the axles is the guy you talk with on the phone.

Cass can get the guy aftermarket axles/greens/long studs delivered for in the 335 range.

He's not any less expensive than Cass.

With Cass, the guy doing the actual work, cutting/splining the axles is the guy you talk with on the phone.

Cass can get the guy aftermarket axles/greens/long studs delivered for in the 335 range

Got news for ya' the axles dr,diff sells are Dutchman brand from Oregon i believe,he does'nt make them atleast he did'nt make the ones i bought from him..I also bought a pair from Moser and sold the ones i got from dr. diff..the Moser were/are of a much better quality...

NOTHING!Against Cass.I got quotes from both with shipping.Cass,s quote before shipping was more,and shipping was more cause he,s further away from me.The other guy,s quote was cheaper,so was shipping cause he,s closer.Anybody can buy axels from whoever they want,just mentioning cheaper options.Maybe Cass could post on here and give members a discount?Guy,s with earlier A-bodys are always lookin to upgrade to bbp and the stroker craze,he,d probably be a busy guy.

The Mosers also come drilled and tapped for both small and big bolt pattern,so if i go to bbp i just need to move the studs..:-D

Cass (406)883-4772

The moser guy goes by magicsunset or something like that.

Manufactures don't generally support anything using 30 splines with a warranty. Check around, not even moser has a use warranty. Only for 33 spline or better at moser.

Swapping bolt circles isn't as easy as moving the studs with a hub centric wheel. The hub are different sizes between Big and Small bolt circle wheels.

Being in Canada may have something to do with pricing. I know when I ship to Canada, my shipper is not the same as I use in the US. Rates going across the border get stupid.

Just providing more suggestions.

Probably against the rules to make a post blatantly endorsing a specific manufacturer but check out Strange's axles. Competitively priced, I just got a set of their 30 spline street axles for my 8 & 3/4. I previously had a set of their race axles in a 9" behind a 3300 lb manual tranny 10.90 car that lasted for years. Seems like diehard MOPAR guys get boresighted on Moser. Great axles but there are other great products out there to look at as well.

-
Back