B Body rear end in a 71 demon

-

cuda guy

Reaction score
Hi everyone

We put a 66 b body rear end in our 1971 Dodge Demon

My question is what would be the offset of the rims

I would like to use either A Centre Line style American Racing 15 x 8 the reason for this is we have a set of 15 x 4 Centre line rims bb pattern

The other option would be like a 17 x 7 x 114.3 up front and maybe a 17 x 10 x 114.3 Mustang Bullitt style rims

Anyone know where we could buy these new or used

Thanks everyone

I don't know who is building the new "centerlines", so I don't know what their backspace is.
The original Centerline Tool autodrags were available in 15x8 1/2 with two backspaces, 3 5/16, and 4 7/8. The 4 7/8 will certainly work best for you.
The 17" mustangs should also work, but might have too much backspace. That is easily fixed with wheel spacers. I would look for 5-5 1/2 bs. Late mopars won't work, bolt pattern is different.
New mustang wheels are available anywhere, eBay for used mustangs or centerlines. Google can be your freind.

Best to measure, because none of the clearances on these cars is the same.

Best to measure, because none of the clearances on these cars is the same.
I agree. There used to be a really good backspace calculator on the inter-webs but as of the past few years I have not been able to find it however this one looks pretty good. Wheel Smith has a worksheet that I have used to order from them which also does the same thing. I'm not discrediting any of the suggestions given to you on your question but there is nothing quite as good as being able to compare all the possible options at your fingertips.
Wheel Offset Calculator

-
Back