B engine alternator bracket........

-

DGrace

Reaction score
In need of an alternator bracket for my 383 and came across one that only has one bolt hole for the alternator pivot. It's stated as fitting the low deck but the ones I always see (stamped steel anyway) have two bolt holes, for both B and RB. Des anybody know or have a bracket that they could measure to get the bolt hole distances? 4 3/4", 5 3/8", 5 1/2" are the bolt hole centers on the one I'm looking at. I appreciate any help and thank you in advance.

Are you looking for the cast bracket that bolts to the head?

BIG BLOCK MOPAR"BLACK"ALTERNATOR BRACKET 383 440 DODGE CHRYSLER bb mopar #6097BK | eBay. I'm trying to verify this will work with the 383/400 engine. I contacted the seller and he said it only fits the B engine. The listing also includes the distance for the mounting hole centerline that I posted previously. I'm just trying to verify so I don't waste time getting something I can't use. I don't have the engine accessible so I won't be able to check it either for a while.

BIG BLOCK MOPAR"BLACK"ALTERNATOR BRACKET 383 440 DODGE CHRYSLER bb mopar #6097BK | eBay. I'm trying to verify this will work with the 383/400 engine. I contacted the seller and he said it only fits the B engine. The listing also includes the distance for the mounting hole centerline that I posted previously. I'm just trying to verify so I don't waste time getting something I can't use. I don't have the engine accessible so I won't be able to check it either for a while.
The ad says both 383 and 440. The only way that fits both is with the head bracket I posted.

...... I contacted the seller and they said it only fits the B engine...... I am just trying to get a measurement to verify it is the same as the measurements listed in the ad...

No, these are the stamped steel ones - the triangular shaped one that bolts to the water pump/housing are the dimensions I need.
I will check today. Sorry for the late reply

Thank you for your help.... It's my OCD - I don't want any extra brackets or extra holes, plus the one listed is cheaper.....

Thank you for your help.... It's my OCD - I don't want any extra brackets or extra holes, plus the one listed is cheaper.....

IMG_7923.JPG

IMG_7924.JPG

IMG_7925.JPG

IMG_7921.JPG

Thank you for the info. I'm not really seeing the measurements that are listed for the part - 4 3/4", 5 3/8", and 5 1/2".... maybe the 4 3/4" and the 5 1/2"... but the longest measurement you show is at least 6 1/2" so the one I'm looking at might be OK. It's cheap enough so I'll order it & compare measurements. Thank you again for taking the time to help and post pics. Have a happy Thanksgiving <><

From what I remember the side with the two holes is for B and RB motors. looks like 4 1/2" vs 5 1/4" center to center. The other two sides are common.

alt-bkt.jpg

-
Back