Back at it Day 2

-
No buy back for me today
BE7E184C-93DC-41C9-B5A7-0AD9144B4A0F.jpeg

Same guy who hammered me yesterday, beat me today.
016 red, dead 5
He was 042( left me plenty of room) and dead 3
Been a good race if could have had even a decent light
Next outing NMCA in 2 weeks

Well how does this set of heads stack up against your old set? Good to see you out again.

Well how does this set of heads stack up against your old set? Good to see you out again.

Honestly, best I can tell, they are about 30-35 horse better than the Eddie’s I had.
That said, I have some liabilities I am dealing with that don’t allow the heads to shine like I believe they will. One is I still have 1 5/8 headers on the car, I know they are a huge liability.
The other is the cam. It’s only 565 gross lift.
My previous heads were worked, bigger valves installed, etc, to make them work optimally up to 550 lift. After that they were done.
These heads will continue to increase flow to for sure 650 lift.
The cam I am unlikely to mess with( because I would go roller, and where do you stop?)
But the 1 7/8 header upgrade will happen in the offseason, and I may well try to move to a higher rocker ratio to open the valves more.
After swapping from the 360 to the stroker, I have noticed my vert isn’t optimal either. It’s quite a bit too tight.
So, I find myself currently with a bit of a missmatched combo, something I pride myself on not being an issue in the past.
This all said, it’s hard to keep making changes on a good working car. I shift it using a shift light, very old school
And yesterday car ran an 84, 83.5 and 85. That’s plenty good considering the air moved around a bit during the course of the day.

For sure the bigger cam would help and I know a 1 5/8 header will work but I go about things a little different on the exhaust side. Thing is with the 1 7/8 header is they are usually designed better plus being bigger. I know the converter plays a big part and even more so if you do go to a bigger cam. But the bottom line is you still have a beautiful car that runs great too. Sure we all want to go faster but the bottom line is keep it FUN.

For sure the bigger cam would help and I know a 1 5/8 header will work but I go about things a little different on the exhaust side. Thing is with the 1 7/8 header is they are usually designed better plus being bigger. I know the converter plays a big part and even more so if you do go to a bigger cam. But the bottom line is you still have a beautiful car that runs great too. Sure we all want to go faster but the bottom line is keep it FUN.

regards the swap to a bigger header, I ran it by Dwayne. Anybody who has talked to him at any length knows he always tends to give advice that leans very conservative.
In other words, his thought on what a certain change might net is less than what I might expect, as an example.
But his opinion on the header swap on my combo was that is would make a significant impact. He has real world experience on combos and a very good memory, and is an excellent resource.
His opinion on the ratio swap is less optimistic, but think because of my combo, worth exploring.

I feel I need to quantify something here......

But his opinion on the header swap on my combo was that is would make a significant impact.

-“significant” is subjective, and
-I was thinking about what I’d expect to see on the dyno.

If the headers made 20-25 more hp, I’d consider that a pretty significant gain.
They “could” make more difference than that, but at 20-25hp difference, I’d still feel that was significant.

What would that 20-25hp do to the ET in the car?
In a combo at the performance level of Don’s car....... it’s .10-.15 in the 1/4.

-
Back