Back from Paint and reassembled

-
o-BILL-MURRAY-CADDYSHACK-facebook.jpg

This car is awesome.

The car looks great the way it is.
What brand are the motor mounts?

Got the Dart back fom paint and have the car reassembled. When I say paint I mean primer with a matt clear coating which should keep the car looking good at least until I decide what color to paint it...if I ever do. The folks at Sharadon Performance really brought the body lines back out and everyhting is crisp. The AAR fiberglass fenders and hood fit better than I had hoped...almost a perfect bolt on. Took quite a while to work the front disc barkes out though and finally went with 73 up spindles, AR engineering billet mouts for the Wilwood 4x piston calipers and Cordoba 11.75 rotors. With the B body 11 inch brakes the car now stops as fast as it accelerates.

I have gotten a great response from folks that have seen it and most like it the way it is which may lead me to leave it that way for the forseeable future. A car llike this is never done and it is still a work in progress. Still needs straps on the doors for the windows, headliner, mechanical tach drive cable and the Dana needs to be detailed but all that can wait until next winter as summer is here and this car begs to driven and beat on.

The Passon 4 speed shifts extremely well and allows me to cruise at 75MPH while only taching 2600RPM with a 4:10 gear...best of both worlds. Runs at just 175 degress in traffic and never goes above 180 when flying down the interstate....many thanks to Glenn Ray radiator for producing a really qaulity radiaor that looks stock and fits in the stock loction.

If anyone is intereted in building one of these and I can be of any help just ask. If folks want more pics if particular details let me know as well

Beautiful work man. Hats off!

Wow! What a squeeze fit! And I agree with everyone; it really looks AWESOME! :prayer:

Is it still like this, thread being seven years old and all? I'm hoping you did a late 60:s race car paint job on it like someone suggested.

-
Back