"Back Jack"

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Went and had the Vertiflex put in yesterday...hospital was 73 miles from home. Got home and the wife did not like how much blood she saw on the bandage. Called his office..."we need to see you". That trip was only 31 miles each way :rofl:. Needless to say his office is at the south end of the building..and the elevator is on the north....THAT was a long, slow walk.
Apparently one of the staples is seeping a bit of blood. The nurse at the docs office wanted to numb me back up, pop the staples out and put a "running stitch" in...whatever the hell that is. She called the doc and he said no..it would greatly increase my chance of infection.
Will be leaving shortly, docs office wants to check the wound/change the bandage today.
So far...only pain I feel is from the surgery....don't feel any of my regular pain.
Initially I was going to get a Vertiflex put in at L4-5 because of my bulging disc. MRI showed bulge had reduced but the disc at L3-4 has an increased amount of stenosis.
Really hoping that this works. I know I am always going to hurt some but if they can get a handle on it with the stimulator and this thing I am hoping that I can get off the drugs...they are really doing a number on me. Really starting to wonder if I have crossed over the line between dependent and addiction. Been on Dopioids well over a decade now. I feel very lost, mentally. Have damn near 0 ability to focus. I found a book that describes how the auto focus system works on one of my camera bodies...and how to make it work correctly for the type of images you take. Have had the book for over a month now...can't get past page 8. It is not I don't understand it...I just lose focus and have to put the book down. Try to read it again the next day...and simply don't remember any of what I read :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Well wait a couple of days........for the real pain LOL Good luck Doug

hoping you will be pain free soon . the drugs may be a ***** to get off i was on them for only 10 days after my heart surgery and had more withdrawals than i would ever expect .

Hope you recover quickly and it helps a lot!
Thank you SIr...

Well wait a couple of days........for the real pain LOL Good luck Doug
Del...did you sneak in last night and kick the crap out of me?? :poke::poke:...because I sure am a hurting SOB this morning. Ernies assistance is needed with the neighbor, the guy with stomach/pancreatic cancer....so I am home alone right now. Got 5 out of control dogs that want there breakfast. Thing is I can't really bend over to put the bowls on the floor sooooo....

hoping you will be pain free soon . the drugs may be a ***** to get off i was on them for only 10 days after my heart surgery and had more withdrawals than i would ever expect .
Thanks. My doc has warned me that the drugs, after a decade+ are indeed going to be a *****. He seriously doubts my plan of being off of them, by the end of January, is going to happen. Plan is...INCOMING.....LOL....two of the dogs were playing tug of war with a toy and flung it..I just got nailed in the face with the remnants of a soggy dog toy..anyway..plan is to get off of the oral meds...even if I am hurting so that the pain clinic can implant a pain pump. Right now all my meds are milligrams..the pain pump is micrograms. And it puts the meds on the source....the oral meds coat the pain receptors in your brain....problem is they don't just go after the pain receptors, they go after everything. I am more or less emotionless. I have 0 desire to do much of anything anymore.

Still praying for you Doug! There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Thank you Sir. I appreciate all the prayers and thoughts I can get. You are right, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

My problem is I am not exactly a patient person. But I am beginning to understand that just like most things in life pain management is a slow, tedious process. Have to crawl before you walk...walk before you run....

-
Back