Bad case of Diverticulitis

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I get this every 3-4 years and left it go so bad years ago that I ended up in the hospital for four days. I found out on my own if I feel it coming on to starve myself and only have water for three days. Kinda feels like Chuck Norris kicked you in the guts. Today is day three so I threw on some sweet sausage and bought an apple pie for tomorrow.

IMG_1743.jpeg

IMG_1744.jpeg

Yikes!! No fun.
I had infected diverticulitis, this past fall. Antibiotics and copious liquids were required for a couple weeks. It can really hurt.

I've had diverticulitis on/off for over 10 yrs, always had Cipro and Flagile nearby, finally had 15 cm of bad bowel removed a coupla years ago.
Don't miss it one bit, I always seemed to be too busy to get it done .

I've been off work for 3 weeks now with some sort of gut issue. Yesterday was the third trip to my doctor since it started, and he finally prescribed some antibiotics. I've taken 2 tablets so far, and I am already feeling a little better.
My house is literally 5 minutes from the hospital, and I was seriously thinking about going there on the fourth day of this illness, but didn't think that I could get there without shitting myself.
I have had blood and stool tests done but nothing conclusive. Finally told the Dr yesterday that if this is how I'm going to die, then make it quick, cause I don't want to live like that. I've lost over 20 pounds already, and I have no appetite most days.

Worse yet, my wife has had this on and off for 6 months now, ridiculous. She's been to the Dr several times.

I backed way off on drinking alcohol except on long race weekends back around 2015. And it’s been downhill ever since. Might be a fireball type of weekend.

How often are you guys getting colonoscopies? I gotta get one every year.

Yeah, get well. It is not fun. Citrucel or Metamucil is your friend.

I get this every 3-4 years and left it go so bad years ago that I ended up in the hospital for four days. I found out on my own if I feel it coming on to starve myself and only have water for three days. Kinda feels like Chuck Norris kicked you in the guts. Today is day three so I threw on some sweet sausage and bought an apple pie for tomorrow.

View attachment 1716211275

View attachment 1716211276
Prayers sent your way my friend! I’ve had about 4 diverticulitis attacks over the past 6 years or so. I ended up in the ER on the first one. I figured out what you are doing during the second episode. Massaging the left side of your gut as you try to go does help somewhat, after you’ve taken some stool softener. Fasting for a few days, plus plenty of water and beef broth does the trick. I do like the weight loss though.

Yeah, get well. It is not fun. Citrucel or Metamucil is your friend.

I got sloppy on my Metamucil use and I think it bit me. I get funny cravings and right now it’s tangerines. Being small I’ve been eating 4 a night. The pulp may have gotten me.

I'd get a twinge or something, that'd warn me, maybe, - anyway, and a sip of Milk of Magnesium before bed made the morning easier.
jmo

I'd get a twinge or something, that'd warn me, maybe, - anyway, and a sip of Milk of Magnesium before bed made the morning easier.
jmo

My first and usually ignored warning is I get the feeling I gotta do a number 2.

Hope you get better soon.
On a lighter note.......
I used to work with a bloke who was a hypochondriac. If you mentioned an illness/disease/condition, he had had it...sometimes more than once. He was actually very fit.
Whenever he would mention diverticulitis, to shut him up, I would say I went to school with her brother Bill verticulitis....

I've been off work for 3 weeks now with some sort of gut issue. Yesterday was the third trip to my doctor since it started, and he finally prescribed some antibiotics. I've taken 2 tablets so far, and I am already feeling a little better.
My house is literally 5 minutes from the hospital, and I was seriously thinking about going there on the fourth day of this illness, but didn't think that I could get there without shitting myself.
I have had blood and stool tests done but nothing conclusive. Finally told the Dr yesterday that if this is how I'm going to die, then make it quick, cause I don't want to live like that. I've lost over 20 pounds already, and I have no appetite most days.

Worse yet, my wife has had this on and off for 6 months now, ridiculous. She's been to the Dr several times.
That sounds environmental if you both are getting it

You guys on a well? If so get the water tested...

Feeling a little better this morning, but not going to get too excited. Maybe I can take my dogs for a walk today.

-
Back