Bad gifts

-

340john

Reaction score
After a month of hearing from my sister-in-law, "you are going to LOVE what I got you for your birthday" the package arrived today. now, she never gave the best gifts, I understand that, but when I opened the box and saw a few shirts I thought, ok maybe she did good this time. Well, the four shirts were, the muppets playing the drums, Captain Caveman saying "I'm sexy", one that said "I am a complete package, brains and sexy looks", and the last one is a Miami ink shirt that is definatly a womans shirt. What 6 foot tall, overweight, bald, middle aged man would wear these shirts ? Well I guess I can wear them in the garage.

Just make sure all the doors to the garaqe are locked when you are in there. You don't want any of your friends to stop by unexpectedly and catch you in any of those. ;)

Your name is Benjamin Buttons ? LOL
Put the shirts away and pray you live to be 100 years old.
Then you can wear whatever they help you put on . :)
Happy Birthday !

Keep them and make sure you wear them only when you are with your sister-in-law (her family events, her church, etc.).

It sounds like your sister put a lot of thought into your gifts by going to the corner five-and-dime at the last minute on the way to your house. I think you should return the favor. Imagine her surprise when she receives for her birthday the same gifts that you got (re-gifted!). At least you can say that you "put a little thought into it."

It sounds like your sister put a lot of thought into your gifts by going to the corner five-and-dime at the last minute on the way to your house. I think you should return the favor. Imagine her surprise when she receives for her birthday the same gifts that you got (re-gifted!). At least you can say that you "put a little thought into it."

And give her the 1968 Christmas fruitcake, too.

Wow, are you part of my wife's family?
Being the proverbial 'in-law', the usual gifts to me from my wife's side of the family are either things they've received as business gifts or freebies from the companies they work for.
Easily recognized as $0 items, but at least some of them are the correct size.

I know how you feel my Mom got me two shirts that say Bruce and Gus. Gus is my dog but if you didn't know that you might think I was gay. Need less to say they are still in the closet never to be seen until I cut them up for rags.

I know how you feel my Mom got me two shirts that say Bruce and Gus. Gus is my dog but if you didn't know that you might think I was gay. Need less to say they are still in the closet never to be seen until I cut them up for rags.

I'd bet the farm that Gus wont wear them either.

Wow, are you part of my wife's family?
Being the proverbial 'in-law', the usual gifts to me from my wife's side of the family are either things they've received as business gifts or freebies from the companies they work for.
Easily recognized as $0 items, but at least some of them are the correct size.

Ken, that is exactly what one of my sisters has done for years. She has actually given all her siblings: calculators, rulers, alarm clocks, etc. with her company's logo on it and thinks they are the coolest gifts. This particular sister is very well off and is the VP of Sales for this Luxembourg-based company but she is one of the cheapest people I have ever met.

I told her for years not to give me any more of these "gifts" but thy kept coming. In order to get my point across, I placed about 8 of the items she had given me over the years on Craigslist for free and sent her the link. I also sent her an email saying that if she wanted them back. to let me know asap. She replied back with, "What would I want any of that crap back?" And for me, that pretty much summed up the essence of that particular sibling. That's all right though, there are five others. ;)

After a month of hearing from my sister-in-law, "you are going to LOVE what I got you for your birthday" the package arrived today. now, she never gave the best gifts, I understand that, but when I opened the box and saw a few shirts I thought, ok maybe she did good this time. Well, the four shirts were, the muppets playing the drums, Captain Caveman saying "I'm sexy", one that said "I am a complete package, brains and sexy looks", and the last one is a Miami ink shirt that is definatly a womans shirt. What 6 foot tall, overweight, bald, middle aged man would wear these shirts ? Well I guess I can wear them in the garage.

Great stuff to wear the next time you pull a differential or automatic trans. :-D I have 8 siblings. We don't do the birthday thing, it's just too much work.

Just make sure all the doors to the garaqe are locked when you are in there. You don't want any of your friends to stop by unexpectedly and catch you in any of those. ;)

I'd put on the Muppets shirt, get drunk and invite my friends over, lol!

ROTFLMAO! Ok for a family gathering I guess. :toothy10: Not good in public unless Gus had shirt too and you were walking him. :-D That would still be strange though.

I was thinking a of getting a shirt for my dogs that say "I'm with stupid". :)

I just think you have bad taste. :) Animal on the drums is cool. Captain Caveman is cool.

The other two, not so cool.

I do like the idea of wearing them to family get-togethers though. That's a great idea.

If "It's the thought that counts" holds true here, you need to try like hell to figure out what she's thinking.
Your very life may well depend on it. :eek:

Mark.

I don't wear the shirts my kids and friends buy me to a family Sunday dinner.
They say things like "Throw me to the drunk chicks" :-D
24 hour in a day 24 cans in a case of beer. :happy10:

God my family loves me :cheers:

I got a golf one from the family that says, "I hit two good balls today, I stepped on a rake" :-D

This thread makes me think of a bad present I bought once. Thought my wife was wanting to start working out so I bought her a thigh master.
Trust me guys never buy your wife a piece of exercise equipment for her birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread makes me think of a bad present I bought once. Thought my wife was wanting to start working out so I bought her a thigh master.
Trust me guys never buy your wife a piece of exercise equipment for her birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats almost as bad as buying her an iron or a vacuum cleaner.

-
Back