bad guy alert

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moparman, you may want to post pics of the plates Duster sent you and put a measuring tape on them like Caveman did (basically duplicate his pics) before modifying them (if you plan to use them in some fashion).

This morning at 6:30 he claimed he would post pics, and let everyone decide if they are what I say they are. I'm waiting..........
I try to only visit certain sites online to avoid this exact type of stuff. You must understand, I am a man of my word, so I feel slighted.

A couple of weeks ago, I had to do some work in Rochester, NY, where Dusterdood is from. He had some 8 3/4 center sections for sale and we made arrangements to meet while I was there. He took the time to load up the stuff in his car and take the extra time to come to my hotel to meet me. About a 20 minute drive out of his way. The parts that he sold me were exactly what he described and he even threw in some extra stuff and at a very reasonable price. I, for one, was very happy to have delt with him and when I go back up to his area next year, he will definitley get a call from me. I owe him more than a handshake for the great deal and parts that he gave me.

Posting on here before contacting Dusterdood for a resolution was very childish and should have been handled in an adult manner privately. Leave the tantrums to the young children who don't know better yet.

Ken
Edison, NJ
[email protected]

FWIW, if you are trying to get the car up and running you can use 7.25 shock plates. You just need to elongate the holes by 1/4" and they will fit fine and u-bolts are as easy as the nearest NAPA.

I elongated the holes in my shock plates about 40k miles ago and have never looked back.

I'll second that. Bought a good carbide bit for the die grinder and 30 minutes later I was ready to go.

All this banter over $30.00. I dont know dusterdood but i couldnt imagine he needed 30 dollars so bad that he needed to screw you.
Its time to grow up and be a man and apologize for trying to slander dusterdood.

I think we can all agree that deep breathes need to be taken here.

Next time please contact the seller before calling him out. Its better for everyone that way.

Were all adults here, Im sure you guys can work it out.

More than anything I want this resolved. If I actually sent you something you can't use, send them back, and you'll get your $ back. Check these measurements, and then post a picture if what I sent you is different. We'll go from there. Anyone here can feel free to E-mail me at;
[email protected]
My reputation here is something I value.

I agree Adam.

I'm a "Dood" fan too. Bought a lot a stuff from him since I joined here last fall. All the parts he sold me were clean, used, original parts as described. He priced them fairly, shipped them quickly, and packed them well. If he made a mistake, you should have called HIM, not throw him under the bus here on FABO. Somehow, though, I doubt he made any mistake as he knows his Mopars.
Just my .02.
I sure hate to see this kind of stuff, so I hope you guys get this straightened out fast.

George

Its time to grow up and be a man and apologize for trying to slander dusterdood.

Agreed. I knew this one was going to end badly the first time I read this thread. You can't just jump on here and start slamming someone without going through the natural progession. Too many dealings with too many other people. Man up, apologize, and get on with it.

Ray

I'm with Rays340, when I first read this, I knew this would end badly. Hey just admit you lost your temper, apologize, and we'll move on from here. If they're wrong send them back. DusterDood said he'll refund your money. Them send them to me, for that price I'll sit on them.

I agree with Adam and George, and if I had the honor of moderating this forum, this thread would vanish into cyberspace ...

FWIW, if you are trying to get the car up and running you can use 7.25 shock plates. You just need to elongate the holes by 1/4" and they will fit fine and u-bolts are as easy as the nearest NAPA.

I elongated the holes in my shock plates about 40k miles ago and have never looked back.

So the 7 1/4 takes a 2 3/4 ubolt and its a 3 for the 8 3/4? If thats true removing 1/8 from each hole sounds ok to me if you use hardned washers. Just wondering because my car is a 7 1/4 and I bought a 8 3/4 to install but didnt get the plates.

Actually, you did. I think you bought a narrowed 8 3/4 housing I had that was A body width with the perches moved in to be inboard spring width, right?
I recall it was $175. I sure hope you got it. That was quite a while ago.

i bought some bucket seats and a manual steering box from dusterdood this summer. He had the steering box at work to get a shipping quote for somone else. Instead of driving another 20 minets to get it he just shipped to to me at no extra charge. It came 3 days after i picked the seats up at his house. He also gave me about 4 wiring harnesses he had laying around. I wouldn't hesitate to buy something i needed from him.

dam youre good,youre right.

Uh Oh!!!!!! :-D

ohsnap.jpg

I bought a set of 8 3/4 shock plates off Dusterdood and they were better than expected. I never had any problems and would buy from again!

I'll say that the Mods should just delete this thread. I feel I came out pretty good in the wash, but someone who just reads the first page, and then (Like myself) gets bored with it and never gets to the end here, would make me look pretty bad. I didn't even know about this at first, so you can see how the beginning even made me look bad.
Someone?

I would say with the amount of positive reinforcement for dusterdood the mod's should wipe the slate clean too. I would hate to see Duster lose business since it seems like he has been doing on hell of a good job keeping alot of people happy with parts. Believe me it can't be easy with all the grumpy old sum bitches on this site:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back