-
Status
Not open for further replies.

wh23g3g

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I've got a 65 4dr Valiant with a column shift 904 cable linkages. I took out the column to do a rebuild and even by carefully labeling the parst I've lost some important small pieces. Mostly importantly is I've losted the lug and spring on the end of the park cable which plugs into the back side of the transmission. I've got everything for the shifter cable which is the one that plugs into the driver's side of the transmission. I've looked everywhere for it and cannot find the lug and spring for the park cable. I also don't remember if I ever had or I lost what they call the wave washer on the top of the steering column between the shifter housing and the bearing housing. If anyone has some spare parts let me know. I don't know how or don't even know if I will be able to even move the car around without the shifter cable mechanism. So I've stopped all work on it.

if your mmissing park cable items -- you can move the car no problem, just be sure your brakes are good & p/brake in working order.
if your missing pieces to the p-cable that mounts at the end of the tranny-- some one will surely have them,
Post up some pics of what you have & the assistance will go from there ,Lawrence

I've got a 65 4dr Valiant with a column shift 904 cable linkages. I took out the column to do a rebuild and even by carefully labeling the parst I've lost some important small pieces. Mostly importantly is I've losted the lug and spring on the end of the park cable which plugs into the back side of the transmission. I've got everything for the shifter cable which is the one that plugs into the driver's side of the transmission. I've looked everywhere for it and cannot find the lug and spring for the park cable. I also don't remember if I ever had or I lost what they call the wave washer on the top of the steering column between the shifter housing and the bearing housing. If anyone has some spare parts let me know. I don't know how or don't even know if I will be able to even move the car around without the shifter cable mechanism. So I've stopped all work on it.
............................................................................................
Is this what you're looking for?

Attachments

• 100_0718.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 106
Wow that's exactly what I'm looking for. As careful as I could be I still misplaced both of them in my garage. I don't know what happened to the wave washer in the steering column but that's the one I need. I don't know what or if anything will happen if you leave that washer out. That part for the park cable is exactly what I'm missing, the lug and spring came off all as one piece. I've looked in every box and every corner in my garage although I had every other screw and washer from taking the steering column apart bagged up. I just can't find that lug and spring.

Wow that's exactly what I'm looking for. As careful as I could be I still misplaced both of them in my garage. I don't know what happened to the wave washer in the steering column but that's the one I need. I don't know what or if anything will happen if you leave that washer out. That part for the park cable is exactly what I'm missing, the lug and spring came off all as one piece. I've looked in every box and every corner in my garage although I had every other screw and washer from taking the steering column apart bagged up. I just can't find that lug and spring.
......................................................................................................
Here's where the washer mounts, The shifter bowl shown is up side down.

Attachments

• 100_0740.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back