Balancing issue

-

Ron816

Mopar forever
Reaction score
bought a new set of Firestone wide oval bias ply redline tires from coker, my shop is having a hard timme balancing says a couple would require over 8 ounces of weights, has anybody else had a similar issue with balancing?

8 oz? Where are they hiding the can of tomato paste? Sometimes there is a balance mark on the tire that lines up with the valve stem location. They are the pros, just passing on some info. could it be your rim?

Have them find the heavy area of the tire & try turning the tire 180* on the wheel.

I would be dismounting the wheel and tire and inspecting both (like a big gob of mud inside the tire) and then see if the wheel is unbalanced, if not replace the tire

Bias ply tires, sometimes have a heavy spot in the, as do wheels. If you offset the heavy spots there isn't as much weight needed to balance.

Tires are brand new, rims have been blasted and painted.

"New" hasn't got a thing to do with anything. It's either the wheels or tires or both, and only way is to dismount and inspect them, and "balance" the wheel and see where it "sits"

Tires are brand new, rims have been blasted and painted.
Dismount and have them spin the rim only. It shouldn't take much if any weight to balance. You will know in a hurry if it's the tire. 8oz is a lot. I would be calling your supplier or Coker.

Last edited:
-
Back